Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

At the GUN SHOW today...

+2
2seaoat
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1At the GUN SHOW today... Empty At the GUN SHOW today... 1/12/2013, 6:16 pm

Mind you, this is not in the local area, but people have done absolutely NUTS in regards to the price of an AR or AK style rifle. Even the version of .22LR models are now double the price. Some ARs and AKs are TRIPLE the price. I saw one AR set at $3500. WTH? That is what fully auto weapons were going for before Newtown.

There is also an absolute LACK of handguns with high capacity mags as well. I did manage to find a Glock 22 Gen 4 that was left over at Academy (again not in Pcola).

The dealers aren't or didn't buy their stock from the manufacturers at these prices. It's akin to price gouging items after a hurricane just because they can.

2At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/12/2013, 7:28 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Mind you, this is not in the local area, but people have done absolutely NUTS in regards to the price of an AR or AK style rifle. Even the version of .22LR models are now double the price. Some ARs and AKs are TRIPLE the price. I saw one AR set at $3500. WTH? That is what fully auto weapons were going for before Newtown.

There is also an absolute LACK of handguns with high capacity mags as well. I did manage to find a Glock 22 Gen 4 that was left over at Academy (again not in Pcola).

The dealers aren't or didn't buy their stock from the manufacturers at these prices. It's akin to price gouging items after a hurricane just because they can.

It has gotten ridiculous, stuff has become very hard to find, even reloading supplies are hard to find. I have found a couple of online places that are not price gouging that I have ordered from. Just ordered 50lbs of powder 8k primers, 8k bullets, 2 100rnd AR15 drums, and 10 30rnd magazines for various AR calibers unfortunately the magazines are back ordered until march. Democrats are the best gun salesman on the planet, I have never seen stuff this scarce.

3At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/12/2013, 7:35 pm

Sal

Sal

Fools and their money are soon parted.

Very Happy

4At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 12:13 am

Sal wrote:Fools and their money are soon parted.

Very Happy

Yeah I really hate spending other peoples money.

5At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 12:16 am

2seaoat

You both have been to gun shows. How do you feel on background checks on all transfers? I am hearing from friends that dealers who are at the shows are required to do background checks, but a booth next to them will jack up prices and sell the lack of paperwork......what say you......background checks are they a good thing.

6At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 12:22 am

2seaoat wrote:You both have been to gun shows. How do you feel on background checks on all transfers? I am hearing from friends that dealers who are at the shows are required to do background checks, but a booth next to them will jack up prices and sell the lack of paperwork......what say you......background checks are they a good thing.

I fully support background checks at gun shows and background checks for private sales. Background checks are a good thing but it would be nice if a persons mental health status was included in the background check. Due to medical privacy laws you can not ask for someones mental health history. This needs to be changed and full mental health history needs to be available for background checks on firearm purchases.

7At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 12:47 am

VectorMan

VectorMan

alecto wrote:
2seaoat wrote:You both have been to gun shows. How do you feel on background checks on all transfers? I am hearing from friends that dealers who are at the shows are required to do background checks, but a booth next to them will jack up prices and sell the lack of paperwork......what say you......background checks are they a good thing.

I fully support background checks at gun shows and background checks for private sales. Background checks are a good thing but it would be nice if a persons mental health status was included in the background check. Due to medical privacy laws you can not ask for someones mental health history. This needs to be changed and full mental health history needs to be available for background checks on firearm purchases.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings. Not everyone should be allowed to have firearms. Then again, how do you keep firearms out of the hands of criminals or whack jobs? I'm not sure. But, the posturing from the current liar-in-chief and his cronies isn't going to work. Mark my words. Or copy and paste, or whatever, for those of you that do that sort of thing. Maybe I'll be wrong and you can throw it in my face. LOL

8At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 1:05 am

2seaoat

I agree that background checks seem to be common sense.....small steps and everybody working for logical answers to gun safety will work better if the people who know guns the best believe that it is a sound policy.

9At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 1:45 am

Markle

Markle

Which of the spree shootings, going back to Columbine or before, would have been stopped by a more through mental health check of the individual purchasing the guns?

The common link seems to be that all of the shooters had serious mental problems but no one was willing to do anything or, in some cases, were told there was noting "they" could do until the person broke the law.

We also have to be willing to accept the fact that there are evil people in the world who will do evil things and we cannot stop them all and still live in a free society.

10At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 12:55 pm

Markle wrote:Which of the spree shootings, going back to Columbine or before, would have been stopped by a more through mental health check of the individual purchasing the guns?

The common link seems to be that all of the shooters had serious mental problems but no one was willing to do anything or, in some cases, were told there was noting "they" could do until the person broke the law.

We also have to be willing to accept the fact that there are evil people in the world who will do evil things and we cannot stop them all and still live in a free society.

The Virginia Tech massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho

11At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 2:51 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think HIGH prices are great..That's American free enterprise....with prices like this there will soon be an influx of weapons from all over......and ammo.

12At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 2:58 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/san-diego-police-shoot-man-inside-crowded-movie-theater.html

13At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 3:10 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:Which of the spree shootings, going back to Columbine or before, would have been stopped by a more through mental health check of the individual purchasing the guns?

I'm glad to see the answers to the background check from gun enthusiasts. It reflects the responses from NRA members too so it looks as if everyone is more or less in agreement, yeah.

The mental health issue might turn out to be more along the lines of making mental health services more easily available with a better monitoring system re the patients staying on their meds. This as opposed to linking mental health issues with gun safety? It would address the mental health issue without connecting it specifically to weapons. Also there is the patient privacy aspect to consider.

As far as any new gun safety regs stopping crazies from getting their hands on guns, that is always a problem but shouldn't keep us from taking steps to at least try and curb their access. In other words we shouldn't let the perfect get in the way of the good.

14At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 3:23 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:

I'm glad to see the answers to the background check from gun enthusiasts. It reflects the responses from NRA members too so it looks as if everyone is more or less in agreement, yeah.

The mental health issue might turn out to be more along the lines of making mental health services more easily available with a better monitoring system re the patients staying on their meds. This as opposed to linking mental health issues with gun safety? It would address the mental health issue without connecting it specifically to weapons. Also there is the patient privacy aspect to consider.

As far as any new gun safety regs stopping crazies from getting their hands on guns, that is always a problem but shouldn't keep us from taking steps to at least try and curb their access. In other words we shouldn't let the perfect get in the way of the good.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Let's push the envelope and require that all folk who purchase any guns etc., have health care insurance. I wonder how many of those gun show sales go to people who complain that they cannot afford heath care for their family while they're buying $3,000 weapons and ammo. Meanwhile, we support their kids with food stamps and school lunches and visits to the ER.

Chances are that if they have insurance, someone is at least aware when severe mental illness is involved.

15At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 3:43 pm

Federal law already bars ownership and gun sales to the mentally ill if they've ever been deemed by a judge to be mentally incompetent or involuntarily committed... it's also already against the law for a convicted felon to possess a gun. What harm does a law abiding citizen possessing guns pose... what else do y'all propose?

16At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 7:31 pm

W_T_M wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Let's push the envelope and require that all folk who purchase any guns etc., have health care insurance. I wonder how many of those gun show sales go to people who complain that they cannot afford heath care for their family while they're buying $3,000 weapons and ammo. Meanwhile, we support their kids with food stamps and school lunches and visits to the ER.

Chances are that if they have insurance, someone is at least aware when severe mental illness is involved.

Not a problem, Obama has got that one covered with Obamacare.

BTW most of the people we are supporting with entitlements I'm sure do not purchase guns legally anyways. We can't infringe on a welfare bums rights by requiring a drug test what makes you think we can make them purchase guns legally. Come on man get with the program!!!!

17At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 8:16 pm

I think it's odd too that leftists don't think an ID should be required to vote... but think we should have background checks.

What does infringed mean to you folks?

18At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 8:21 pm

PkrBum wrote:I think it's odd too that leftists don't think an ID should be required to vote... but think we should have background checks.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think it's odd too that you think that me as a Liberal believes that an ID should not be required to vote. What BS.

What does projection mean to you...?

19At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 8:38 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:I think it's odd too that leftists don't think an ID should be required to vote... but think we should have background checks.

See the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

20At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 8:43 pm

W_T_M wrote:

I think it's odd too that you think that me as a Liberal believes that an ID should not be required to vote. What BS.

Perhaps I didn't project you as a leftist.

21At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 8:44 pm

Sal wrote:

See the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

See the bill of rights and get back to me on "infringed"... Leftist.

22At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Gun Laws 1938 1/13/2013, 9:11 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A Gun Control Law Passed by the German Government One Day After Kristallnacht
Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons
11 November 1938
With a basis in §31 of the Weapons Law of 18 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p.265), Article III of the Law on the Reunification of Austria with Germany of 13 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 237), and §9 of the Führer and Chancellor's decree on the administration of the Sudeten-German districts of 1 October 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p 1331) are the following ordered:

§1
Jews (§5 of the First Regulations of the German Citizenship Law of 14 November 1935, Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 1333) are prohibited from acquiring, possessing, and carrying firearms and ammunition, as well as truncheons or stabbing weapons. Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority.

§2
Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation.

§3
The Minister of the Interior may make exceptions to the Prohibition in §1 for Jews who are foreign nationals. He can entrust other authorities with this power.

§4
Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions of §1 will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. In especially severe cases of deliberate violations, the punishment is imprisonment in a penitentiary for up to five years.

§5
For the implementation of this regulation, the Minister of the Interior waives the necessary legal and administrative provisions.

§6
This regulation is valid in the state of Austria and in the Sudeten-German districts.

Berlin, 11 November 1938
Minister of the

23At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 9:20 pm

Markle

Markle

[quote="alecto"]

All of them might have been stopped but there are strick confidentiality laws and fear of being sued.

Last edited by Markle on 1/13/2013, 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

24At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 9:20 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

On the evening of Nov. 9, Adolf Hitler, Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels, and other Nazi chiefs planned the attack. Orders went out to Nazi security forces: "All Jewish stores are to be destroyed immediately . . . . Jewish synagogues are to be set on fire . . . . The Führer wishes that the police does not intervene. . . . All Jews are to be disarmed. In the event of resistance they are to be shot immediately."

25At the GUN SHOW today... Empty Re: At the GUN SHOW today... 1/13/2013, 9:26 pm

PkrBum wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Perhaps I didn't project you as a leftist.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You are getting smarter every day....LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum