Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Americans are dying earlier than their international peers

+4
Hospital Bob
ZVUGKTUBM
Nekochan
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/health/international-health-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Nekochan

Nekochan

I would not believe any infant mortality stats from Japan.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Gosh that sandwich looks gross......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yomama wrote:Why Americans are dying earlier than their international peers Burger10
Rush Limbaugh says it's conservative to eat that stuff and only liberals are agin it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

My guess is fast food "BBQ pulled pork" (which means crock pot pork mixed with high-fructose corn syrup "BBQ" sauce), pink slime ground beef, cheese, and fried onion straws. I'm actually surprised there is no bacon visible.

Eat one of those and your day is basically done.

boards of FL wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/health/international-health-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

From the article: They also recommended the NIH commission research on health policies that have been successful in our peer countries that could potentially be used in the United States.

Another bunch of bullshit to make us more like europe. enjoy

'taint my idea of getting exercise...

Why Americans are dying earlier than their international peers Best_o10

Yomama wrote:'taint my idea of getting exercise...

Why Americans are dying earlier than their international peers Best_o10

They probaly dont have jobs either

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/health/international-health-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

It is a bogus study. Without making adjustments for the nationality and racial composition of a country it is nothing but an amusing anecdote.

Of all the countries they studied, only the United States has more than a token number of citizens of other nationalities and races.

The vast majority of residents in Norway are...ta da...Norwegians. The state of Minnesota has a large population of Norwegians and guess what, the Life Expectancy of both Norway and Minnesota are nearly identical.

The same is true of other countries listed and specific states. For example Japan and Hawaii.

As for infant mortality rates, different countries have different criteria to determine a live birth. Sounds simple but is anything simple with governments? In the U.S., if an infant takes a breath, moves, or has a heartbeat, it is a live birth. Some countries also consider the size, weight and gestation period. Even if the infant takes a breath, moves and then dies, if it large enough, they don't consider it a live birth. Most infant deaths take place in the first 24 hours of life. We consider that a live birth, other countries do not.

Plus, nations submit their own statistics. Those are just a few of the reasons that the United Nations quit rating health care among nations.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

It is a bogus study. Without making adjustments for the nationality and racial composition of a country it is nothing but an amusing anecdote.

Of all the countries they studied, only the United States has more than a token number of citizens of other nationalities and races.

But we've always been a melting pot. And in the past we ranked better on these health statistics. So that wouldn't explain why we've been slipping in recent years.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

But we've always been a melting pot. And in the past we ranked better on these health statistics. So that wouldn't explain why we've been slipping in recent years.

This is the first year it seems to have decreased. What I said is still true about the states and countries.

See the graphics posted above.

no stress

no stress

Yomama wrote:Why Americans are dying earlier than their international peers Burger10

Son of a bitch that looks good!! I'd eat the hell outta that!!!

Why Americans are dying earlier than their international peers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfbyFm5VQan06HFOacMHN6e-EwQZ37Z4dya5ZRpFi2Ka5AAkQAAw

Cholesterol City here I come!!!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI

Very Happy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

This is the first year it seems to have decreased.
"We were struck by the gravity of these findings," said Steven H. Woolf, professor of family medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond and chair of the panel that wrote the report. "Americans are dying and suffering at rates that we know are unnecessary because people in other high-income countries are living longer lives and enjoying better health. What concerns our panel is why, for decades, we have been slipping behind."

http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/newsitem.aspx?RecordID=13497

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We are a society in decline, markle. And the decline started before obama and it continues with obama. It's not democrat, republican, liberal or conservative or commie or teabagger or muslim or christian. It's American and it's happening to most all of our institutions and it's happening across state lines and across the mason dixon line and across ethnic and racial boundaries.
Our system of health care is just one component of it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

The vast majority of residents in Norway are...ta da...Norwegians. The state of Minnesota has a large population of Norwegians and guess what, the Life Expectancy of both Norway and Minnesota are nearly identical.

The same is true of other countries listed and specific states. For example Japan and Hawaii.

As for infant mortality rates, different countries have different criteria to determine a live birth. Sounds simple but is anything simple with governments? In the U.S., if an infant takes a breath, moves, or has a heartbeat, it is a live birth. Some countries also consider the size, weight and gestation period. Even if the infant takes a breath, moves and then dies, if it large enough, they don't consider it a live birth. Most infant deaths take place in the first 24 hours of life. We consider that a live birth, other countries do not.

Plus, nations submit their own statistics. Those are just a few of the reasons that the United Nations quit rating health care among nations.

You didn't actually read the article, did you?

NaNook

NaNook

I would suggest the average 65 year old couple having 75k in savings might be a clue. Then again, we live in a "provide for me" culture.

Get it??? Personal responsibility........where did it go?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

This is the first year it seems to have decreased.
"We were struck by the gravity of these findings," said Steven H. Woolf, professor of family medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond and chair of the panel that wrote the report. "Americans are dying and suffering at rates that we know are unnecessary because people in other high-income countries are living longer lives and enjoying better health. What concerns our panel is why, for decades, we have been slipping behind."

http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/newsitem.aspx?RecordID=13497

Once again, see the graphics in the posts above.

Also, what segment of our population is growing the fastest?

Nationalities and races with the highest life expectancy or the lowest?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote: what segment of our population is growing the fastest?

Nationalities and races with the highest life expectancy or the lowest?
I don't doubt the logic of that being a factor. But I doubt you can attribute the whole explanation to that. The report is making a comparison between our country and the other industrialized nations. Some of those nations in Europe are also experiencing a significant influx of immigration from 3rd world countries.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle, I think you have a tendency to look at everything through the obama lens.
The obama lens colors your thinking. Since you're convinced obama and obamacare (and everything else obama touches) is so evil, you cannot bring yourself to take an objective look at the status quo. And in this case the status quo is the pre-obamacare health care system.
Yes, Obamacare may indeed prove to be a bunch of crap that will end up a complete failure costing us even more than the status quo. But just because one turd stinks, that doesn't make the turd that was already on the ground smell any sweeter.
Our country is in decline, markel. It was in decline before obama, it continues to be in decline with obama, and it will remain in decline after obama.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Markle, I think you have a tendency to look at everything through the obama lens.
The obama lens colors your thinking. Since you're convinced obama and obamacare (and everything else obama touches) is so evil, you cannot bring yourself to take an objective look at the status quo. And in this case the status quo is the pre-obamacare health care system.
Yes, Obamacare may indeed prove to be a bunch of crap that will end up a complete failure costing us even more than the status quo. But just because one turd stinks, that doesn't make the turd that was already on the ground smell any sweeter.
Our country is in decline, markel. It was in decline before obama, it continues to be in decline with obama, and it will remain in decline after obama.

I never mentioned or inferred that President Barack Hussein Obama had anything to do with life expectancies...yet.

I never mentioned ObamaCare which is a fiasco and will shorten our life expectancies by way of the death panels. As are being used in other countries with variations of ObamaCare.

Our country is in decline because we cannot quit spending and rewarding people for bad behavior and punishing them for good. President Obama has simply put grease on the rails going downhill.

Our children and our grandchildren will never enjoy the standard of living that we do and will labor under crushing debt, taxes, regulations and oppression.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
I never mentioned or inferred that President Barack Hussein Obama had anything to do with life expectancies...yet.

I never mentioned ObamaCare which is a fiasco and will shorten our life expectancies

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha!!

This may be the funniest post EVAR!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Our children and our grandchildren will never enjoy the standard of living that we do
Yes and it's for a myriad of reasons. But the most significant reason is simply this.
For a half century we were in a period of economic prosperity. We were the manufacturer to the world and that gave us a thriving middle class.
But over time the rest of the world started competing with us on that. And they had and have an almost limitless labor force that will work for a helluva lot less wages than we require. That was the genesis of our transition from economic prosperity to economic decline.
And so far I see no light at the end of that tunnel. I'm trying, but I can't.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Yes and it's for a myriad of reasons. But the most significant reason is simply this.
For a half century we were in a period of economic prosperity. We were the manufacturer to the world and that gave us a thriving middle class.
But over time the rest of the world started competing with us on that. And they had and have an almost limitless labor force that will work for a helluva lot less wages than we require. That was the genesis of our transition from economic decline to economic prosperity.
And so far I see no light at the end of that tunnel. I'm trying, but I can't.

Look for the union label.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum