Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does anyone know of a seamstress who works our of her home and doesn't charge much?

+6
Watcher
Nekochan
ZVUGKTUBM
gulfbeachbandit
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

That's a pretty cool story, HG. Most of the military guys I know can at a minimum iron real well. Ha ha. Occupationallll.... "hazard"?? My dad tried to join-up to go to Korea, but was rejected because his foot was so badly deformed from it being broken when he was a boy and not receiving medical attention, even though at the time he could get around just fine... 4F, I suppose. So, I have no idea where he learned to sew... now I'm curious and am gonna have to ask him! In addition to doing leatherwork, he is also super handy with other heavy materials like canvas and stuff like that, but as stated above, he can sew circles around me any day of the week. Embarassed

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

What I really, really hate...is ironing. A requirement for hubby's work clothes is that they are wrinkle free, wash and wear. And I don't buy anything for myself that will need ironing.

LMAO

One time a neighbor came to our door and asked to borrow an iron.

My son answered, "An iron what?".

Needless to say, we don't iron at our house.

cheers

Tried to upload a picture but apparently don't know how.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob, good luck! I think you'll be happy with the cost and the results!

About ironing....when we married, my husband was active duty navy. I hated those ugly khaki uniforms and I still hate them today. I hate the color and I hate the polyester type fabric. I found the material difficult to put a nice, straight, even seam in in the pants, as required. Oh, those brown shoes that go with those uniforms are so ugly too.

After a while of dealing with those ugly uniforms, hubby told me that he'd just take them to the cleaners. They looked better after coming from the cleaners and I didn't have to deal with them anymore. Smile

Yella

Yella

riceme wrote:
Yella wrote:

You might consider buying yourself some really high heeled cowboy boots.You will have a twofold benefit if you do. You can quit searching for a seamstress and you will have gained huge self esteem by being taller than the average NBA point guard.

EXXXCELLENT suggestion, Yeller! I can make some suggestions, as I am quite the boot-whore.

Shocked
My favorite pair of boots were Tony Lama calfskin. I had those boots for twenty years but I took really good care of those beauties. Finally just wore 'em slap out.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Nekochan

Nekochan

My husband wears his boots 95% of the time.

Yella wrote:
riceme wrote:
EXXXCELLENT suggestion, Yeller! I can make some suggestions, as I am quite the boot-whore.

Shocked
My favorite pair of boots were Tony Lama calfskin. I had those boots for twenty years but I took really good care of those beauties. Finally just wore 'em slap out.

I have to wear good boots and shoes because of my knee and tibia, and my cowgirl boots were really on their last leg, so when I was in Colorado I bought a new pair of tall-shaft Ariat boots at the leather shop. You can't beat my steel-toed boots for comfort, but those Ariats are the best cowgirl boots I have ever owned. Like you (it sounds like) I am a firm believer in getting my boots resoled and taking real good care of them.

Huh. I just looked them up and now I see why they're so comfortable for cowgirl boots:

- Full grain leather construction
- ATS (Advanced Torque Stability) offers 3xs the support of traditional cowboy boots
- ProCrepe Light sole provides lightweight flexibility
- Supportive, lightweight composite shank; forked design maintains balance & proper body alignment

Leather lining. Duratred outsole. Ariat Boots’ exclusive ATS technology supports and cushions as you move, promoting good posture and reducing fatigue. At the core of ATS technology is the Ariat ATS composite shank. This patented shank design reduces skeletal and muscular fatigue and injury. Mid-foot support reduces metatarsal stress. The forked shank design allows natural forefoot flex. The ATS footbed has a low-friction surface to protect from heat build-up and blistering. Shock-absorbing gel forefoot cushion reduces skeletal impact stress on knees, hips, and lower back. Cupped footbed chassis offers torsional stability.

I'll recommend Ariats for my dad's next pair.

I usually have one or two pairs of boots. I stand about 6'3" in my favorite boots...

... and they have been resoled.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I bought a pair of Justin Gypsy boots for my daughter a year ago last Christmas. She loves them. The Gypsy's are a shorter boot and she wears them with almost everything.

Nekochan wrote:I bought a pair of Justin Gypsy boots for my daughter a year ago last Christmas. She loves them. The Gypsy's are a shorter boot and she wears them with almost everything.

I like Justin boots, and those are cute! Most of them are still made in the USA. I prefer boots with a tall shaft, but it looks like there are different styles of Justin Gypsies. I like these two even though they have a shorter shaft than what I normally wear:

http://www.justinboots.com/boots/Womens_Gypsy_landing.html?424fccf8=L2903

http://www.justinboots.com/boots/Womens_Gypsy_landing.html?424fccf8=L9969

But I am really in love with the Ariat technology, so this might be my next pair of boots:

http://www.ariat.com/Western/Women/Footwear/RopersLacers/Legend.html?color=DISTRESSED_BROWN

bounce

NaNook

NaNook

Bob,

If you want a simple hem my wife will alter your pants for $5 a pair. While you wait. Just bring your shoes.....She can do anything with a needle. She has made me sports coats..........if you have an interest. She said it would take between 30-60 minutes for both pairs.

Let me know......

Nekochan

Nekochan

riceme wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I bought a pair of Justin Gypsy boots for my daughter a year ago last Christmas. She loves them. The Gypsy's are a shorter boot and she wears them with almost everything.

I like Justin boots, and those are cute! Most of them are still made in the USA. I prefer boots with a tall shaft, but it looks like there are different styles of Justin Gypsies. I like these two even though they have a shorter shaft than what I normally wear:

http://www.justinboots.com/boots/Womens_Gypsy_landing.html?424fccf8=L2903

http://www.justinboots.com/boots/Womens_Gypsy_landing.html?424fccf8=L9969

But I am really in love with the Ariat technology, so this might be my next pair of boots:

http://www.ariat.com/Western/Women/Footwear/RopersLacers/Legend.html?color=DISTRESSED_BROWN

bounce

Love those, Riceme!
We spent the weekend before Christmas in Nashville. We hit all of the boot stores....dear daughter loves looking at boots. The shops in Nashville advertise: buy 1 pair, get 2 pair free. Oh, that is dangerous! But we managed to get out of Nashville with just the boots/shoes we came there with. lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum