Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another law abiding citizen keeping it real and defending her home with a gun

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

Then call me a fool with a capital F. I have a security system in my home, but I rarely even turn it on. I will turn it on it I am going to be gone from home for an extended time. I do not even set the sleep mode when I go to bed.

Check out the tiger direct mail order Qsee eight camera night vision video security system. It should be less than $400, and then look at inexpensive motion detectors with unique sounds for each of your camera fields of vision. I keep my guns unloaded. I have grandchildren in the house. When those folks came through my front door, I would not have had time to load the shotgun.....I now have motion detectors, night vision, and have my security monitor 6 feet from my chair where I sleep, and one of my shotguns is five feet away with shells located where the kids cannot get them.

If you think you are safe, then do not go to sleep......that gun will do zilch if your outer perimeter is breached and an armed person comes into your bedroom. Yes, I have been awakened in the middle of the night to see a buck walking up my driveway, and one detector had to be adjusted because I was getting the damn racoons every night, but I will hear breaking glass or a sensor giving me about 20 to 30 seconds to lock and load......I caught a neighbor kid stealing firewood....filling a bag crouched down.....convinced he was not going to be caught.....scared the crap out of him when I caught him in the act......the funny thing is the infrared cameras are basically lit up and any fool would see them all over and know better......but he was no pro and simply wanted a campfire.

2seaoat wrote:what a dumbass you are

Security system.....about $389 on sale.....last shotgun $400.........it must be my privilege..........

Simple minds so simple concepts......Seaoat likes his guns......Seaoat likes the 2nd amendment.....Seaoat thinks a gun is a false illusion of safety if it is all you have. Seaoat thinks central monitor systems and video with reverse 911 in combination with neighbor contact.....now understand this......and a gun are the best protection.......Seaoat believes all firearms should be registered and on your foid card...........but when I get called a dumbass......I do smile.

How in the hell can a man that claims to be so smart and so wealthy not understand a simple concept.

having a connected alarm system COST A MONTHLY FEE oats. I relaize this is something YOU dont have to worry about. but lots of people do.

smile again dumb ass.

2seaoat wrote:Then call me a fool with a capital F. I have a security system in my home, but I rarely even turn it on. I will turn it on it I am going to be gone from home for an extended time. I do not even set the sleep mode when I go to bed.

Check out the tiger direct mail order Qsee eight camera night vision video security system. It should be less than $400, and then look at inexpensive motion detectors with unique sounds for each of your camera fields of vision. I keep my guns unloaded. I have grandchildren in the house. When those folks came through my front door, I would not have had time to load the shotgun.....I now have motion detectors, night vision, and have my security monitor 6 feet from my chair where I sleep, and one of my shotguns is five feet away with shells located where the kids cannot get them.

If you think you are safe, then do not go to sleep......that gun will do zilch if your outer perimeter is breached and an armed person comes into your bedroom. Yes, I have been awakened in the middle of the night to see a buck walking up my driveway, and one detector had to be adjusted because I was getting the damn racoons every night, but I will hear breaking glass or a sensor giving me about 20 to 30 seconds to lock and load......I caught a neighbor kid stealing firewood....filling a bag crouched down.....convinced he was not going to be caught.....scared the crap out of him when I caught him in the act......the funny thing is the infrared cameras are basically lit up and any fool would see them all over and know better......but he was no pro and simply wanted a campfire.

I sleep very well thank you very much and I feel safer in my own home than I do anywhere else. I can also guarantee you that no one can enter my house at night without my knowledge. I may sleep well, but I also am a very light sleeper. When I have guests that stay over they are amazed that I knew that got up during the night for some reason and the guest bedroom is on the opposite end of my house. The only person I can think of that may be able to sneak in on me at night would be a trained ninja.

2seaoat

having a connected alarm system COST A MONTHLY FEE oats. I relaize this is something YOU dont have to worry about. but lots of people do.

I do not have a connected system. I have a video system with motion detectors. Very inexpensive and very effective.

I have argued for 8 years on the PNJ that we should reallocate dollars from 1890 fire protection concepts to central monitoring with reverse 911 capability. This would allow neighbors to be called when there was a fire or break in. We have the technology available today to do a much better job of protecting people.....and you would not have to be wealthy to get this protection. This is the future, but we have 20 people on duty in fire and police in any given community, and by the time they usually get to where the emergency is......well politely.....too many times it is simply too late and far, far too costly. Neighbors save more people from fires than government, and the deterrence of a crook knowing that as they started their dirty deed, when they leave their will be folks outside immediately......eyes and radios are hard to outrun.

2seaoat wrote:having a connected alarm system COST A MONTHLY FEE oats. I relaize this is something YOU dont have to worry about. but lots of people do.

I do not have a connected system. I have a video system with motion detectors. Very inexpensive and very effective.

I have argued for 8 years on the PNJ that we should reallocate dollars from 1890 fire protection concepts to central monitoring with reverse 911 capability. This would allow neighbors to be called when there was a fire or break in. We have the technology available today to do a much better job of protecting people.....and you would not have to be wealthy to get this protection. This is the future, but we have 20 people on duty in fire and police in any given community, and by the time they usually get to where the emergency is......well politely.....too many times it is simply too late and far, far too costly. Neighbors save more people from fires than government, and the deterrence of a crook knowing that as they started their dirty deed, when they leave their will be folks outside immediately......eyes and radios are hard to outrun.

seriously. a non connected video monitor does nothing but let you see the person before they break in. and you somehow think a woman at the front door is in a better position to kill the perp than sitting hidden waiting for the door to open? I think not.

People get jittery when confronted face to face like this. Often a woman especially will be overiden with fear/emotions and end up having a gun taken from her( not all women ). The woman in this senario did the perfect thing. She sat calmly and was ready to take the perp down if he breached her safty area. Confrontation is not always the best answer.

and they already have a system you can activate and a neighbor can be called. its the whole ive fallen and cant get up system. This also requires a monthly service plan in order for the activation to be monitored and then the call to be made.

please come down to the real world. I realize you think you have all the solutions to the entire worlds problems, but you really dont.

2seaoat wrote:It turned out ok.....but this could have been a huge tragedy. I am not arguing that it is an either or proposition with an alarm system and gun.....multiple video on the front approach and back of a house send a clear message......it stops 90% of bad guys from even thinking about coming into the house.....as to the other 10%..

.....and there is the entire flaw in your reasoning....

I don't want my wife and kids subjected to that 10% because that 10% isn't going to follow the law and would be better off being put down like a rabid animal that they are. Everyone at my house, aside from my youngest, can shoot and shoot well. Even the youngest will have her turn. She got a BB gun this Christmas and was hitting a pie sized target from 20 feet all day long.

It's cheaper to buy a gun or guns than to put a cop on every block of the city or town. By the time the cops get there and if you don't have a gun to defend yourself, you could be the one getting carried by six into a hearse.

2seaoat

It's cheaper to buy a gun or guns than to put a cop on every block of the city or town. By the time the cops get there and if you don't have a gun to defend yourself, you could be the one getting carried by six into a hearse.

We completely agree. I think the current system is bone chilling stupid. I think citizens being armed is a good thing. I simply want those guns to be in their possession legally.....which requires technology upgrades on the foid cards, and biometric trigger locks and chips. I also think that a central monitoring safety system would do a better job on fire protection and break in protection......just because you have a central monitoring system with reverse 911 does not mean you do not need a fire extinguisher, or don't need a gun.....you need both.....this is not an either or proposition.....we simply need to realize the very expensive system we currently have is very ineffective....we can and must do better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum