Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another law abiding citizen keeping it real and defending her home with a gun

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/my-wife-is-a-hero-georgia-mother-shoots-home-intruder-five-times-after-being-cornered/

Shot the perp 5 times. That is GUN CONTROL!!!

2Another law abiding citizen keeping it real and defending her home with a gun Empty BUMP 1/6/2013, 1:09 am

Bump it up for the truth libs even if it hurts your feelings.

The sad part is Mr Slater did NOT die.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I'd bet a paycheck that the perp is not a Christian.

Ghandi wrote:I'd bet a paycheck that the perp is not a Christian.

Neither are you so what does it matter?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:

My faith tells me to turn the other cheek.
Live well on the lower level of morality oh you broom riding one.
Satan waits for you. I hope you like it hot.

Ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

You sure turned the other cheek,didn't you when you "beat that guy half to death? What a Christian you are. Just the kind I see everyday. I know you'll be forgiven when you kill that black man. LOL!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

You sure turned the other cheek,didn't you when you "beat that guy half to death? What a Christian you are. Just the kind I see everyday. I know you'll be forgiven when you kill that black man. LOL!

And that just earned you another prayer. Have a nice day.
My entire family is praying for your family that God may remove the evil from your tongue, keyboard, and soul.
So that you can be like a real woman. The one that you dreamed of being as a child. Not the one you are now.

Ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

My entire family is praying for your family that God may remove the evil from your tongue, keyboard, and soul.

Please don't pray for me. I don't want God to know you may have communicated w/ me. I may be tainted by being on the same forum.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Please don't pray for me. I don't want God to know you may have communicated w/ me. I may be tainted by being on the same forum.

Father, please forgive her for she knows not what she says. Seriously. She ain't very bright so I ask you to forgive her more than you would forgive a normal person. Amen.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/my-wife-is-a-hero-georgia-mother-shoots-home-intruder-five-times-after-being-cornered/

Good for her!

It's so easy for those who have never been in that position (a home invasion) to judge those of us who KNOW that a gun is the best home protection there is.

Markle

Markle

alecto wrote:The sad part is Mr Slater did NOT die.

That's not good...he'll probably sue the woman.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

His faith tells him to turn the other cheek, but I can assure you that if a intruder breaks into his house, he would either blow the perp away or else piddle in his pants.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PBulldog2 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/my-wife-is-a-hero-georgia-mother-shoots-home-intruder-five-times-after-being-cornered/

Good for her!

It's so easy for those who have never been in that position (a home invasion) to judge those of us who KNOW that a gun is the best home protection there is.

Smile

2seaoat

A good home security system with audio on the front door could have avoided this entire dangerous situation. I purchased for $400 a great eight camera security system and have intercom capability. Person comes to the front door, and you ask them to put their id up to the camera....you do not open the door.....you do not retreat to a closet where you can get cornered.....and you damn well train your spouse on the use of a shot gun......make your stand at the front door. This could have turned out very bad....and multiple shots could have missed, or just pissed the intruder off as you sit cornered in a bedroom with two children. Plus....why make a mess in the house....you can get a hose out afterwards and clean your front stoop.

2seaoat wrote:A good home security system with audio on the front door could have avoided this entire dangerous situation. I purchased for $400 a great eight camera security system and have intercom capability. Person comes to the front door, and you ask them to put their id up to the camera....you do not open the door.....you do not retreat to a closet where you can get cornered.....and you damn well train your spouse on the use of a shot gun......make your stand at the front door. This could have turned out very bad....and multiple shots could have missed, or just pissed the intruder off as you sit cornered in a bedroom with two children. Plus....why make a mess in the house....you can get a hose out afterwards and clean your front stoop.

Well I certainly am not going to worry about a mess in my house after I blow a perps brains all over the walls and floors. I can buy a good shotgun or handgun for less than $400.00 and neither requires any installation.

Oh and if the victim had missed at point blank range which the article alluded to then she has no business at all having a gun. Maybe a larger caliber gun would have solved everything.

2seaoat

It turned out ok.....but this could have been a huge tragedy. I am not arguing that it is an either or proposition with an alarm system and gun.....multiple video on the front approach and back of a house send a clear message......it stops 90% of bad guys from even thinking about coming into the house.....as to the other 10%......I think handguns just do not cut it in a home invasion.....shotgun, and defensive position at point of entry. If you back yourself into a bedroom closet....well that is not a defensive position.....that is cornered.....you want to be the one cornering the offender. I have one of my shotguns by the front door, and have a great deal of glass in the front door upper part.....when a hand breaks the glass and reaches for the door knob to unlock....well.....a shotgun is going to bring a conclusion to the entry without having to be a marksman with a handgun......those take continuing training to remain accurate.....any dumb asz can point a shot gun in the general direction and then chamber the second round and aim if someone is persistent.

I do not think this case should be a poster child for a handgun as defense. First, the 38 came very close to being ineffective with 5 hits to the head and neck, and second.....the reliance solely on a firearm....is a mistake.....you should think about defensive positions, alarms, and methods of getting someone off your property with a clear threat, other than cornering yourself in a bedroom closet, and you should think about escape routes out of the house. When the kids were young we did fire drills...including showing them how to climb on the roof from their bedrooms and descend to the deck safely if the fire blocked their bedroom doors......we never trained them to retreat to a closet if someone was using a crowbar on the front door.....I would have taken the kids to the backdoor, and told them to run out the backdoor if someone got by me......but my point is that you would rather utilize a security system and intercom to avoid the whole damn event.

2seaoat wrote:but my point is that you would rather utilize a security system and intercom to avoid the whole damn event.

I guess a security system with cameras certainly wards off would be robbers and murderers. Just ask Byrd and Melanie Billings.

2seaoat

I guess a security system with cameras certainly wards off would be robbers and murderers. Just ask Byrd and Melanie Billings.

He also had guns in the household.....but we both know we cannot ask them about those either.

2seaoat wrote:A good home security system with audio on the front door could have avoided this entire dangerous situation. I purchased for $400 a great eight camera security system and have intercom capability. Person comes to the front door, and you ask them to put their id up to the camera....you do not open the door.....you do not retreat to a closet where you can get cornered.....and you damn well train your spouse on the use of a shot gun......make your stand at the front door. This could have turned out very bad....and multiple shots could have missed, or just pissed the intruder off as you sit cornered in a bedroom with two children. Plus....why make a mess in the house....you can get a hose out afterwards and clean your front stoop.

again your privilaged self shows.

Not everyone has a video camera security system. sometimes just being able to own a gun is pricy enough.

she didnt answer the door btw. he broke it down. so how in the hell would a video camera system helped her? sure, she would have gotten to see his face sooner right before he brok it down and killed her and her children. yippy

what a dumbass you are

AND SEAOAT is CLUELESS as usual....

...and you have experience being home invaded when? Are you a woman at home alone with your kids? No freakin' alarm system and TV camera would have done any good except to VIDEO the guy breaking in and killing the woman and her kids had she NOT had a gun and KNEW how to use it.

Oh, live or not, he has no case to sue because the woman retreated as far as she could before using deadly force and he had an object (crowbar) that I DOUBT he was going to give her as a late Christmas present.

She should upgrade to a higher caliber though. 9mm is as low as you want to go. .40 is much better and .45 is a death sentence for a home intruder, but harder to shoot, especially for a female.

2seaoat wrote:but my point is that you would rather utilize a security system and intercom to avoid the whole damn event.

Your point is moronic. The only way this ends bad for the woman is if she has no gun to shoot this guy.

2seaoat

what a dumbass you are

Security system.....about $389 on sale.....last shotgun $400.........it must be my privilege..........

Simple minds so simple concepts......Seaoat likes his guns......Seaoat likes the 2nd amendment.....Seaoat thinks a gun is a false illusion of safety if it is all you have. Seaoat thinks central monitor systems and video with reverse 911 in combination with neighbor contact.....now understand this......and a gun are the best protection.......Seaoat believes all firearms should be registered and on your foid card...........but when I get called a dumbass......I do smile.

2seaoat

and you have experience being home invaded when?

Two years ago. I handled the two adult drunk men who entered my home physically as I ejected their sorry butts over the guard railing of my front porch. I am not going to tell the story again, because I will sound like other wannabee rambos, but I did tell the story about the ATV joyride at 2am on the PNJ. I had a shotgun next to me when they entered. Did not even think about it.....I have never had to draw a gun on another human being....but I have also not been afraid of too many people in my life when I grab my bat or tire iron.....these fellows went over the guard rail without a thing in my hand other than one old pissed off homeowner.

See the difference is that I have been attacked before.....never saw it coming....I have told that story.....even if I had a conceal and carry in that situation, I had three car burglars on me banging my head on a concrete pavement......and again....I have told that story.....it took some time, but it also turned out fine, but if I had a weapon....initially it might have been me getting shot from my own gun.

I have come to the rescue of a man being chased by two drunks and as quick as I thought I had things under control, I had a knife to my neck. I get a kick out of all these folks who probably have never kicked anybody's asz...but more importantly....they have never had their asz kicked....because the one thing I have learned....no matter how big you are....no matter how mean you are.....no matter how many guns you have.....somebody can get the jump on you....and until that has happened....I really do not want to be talking to a bunch of wanabee rambo tough guys......I have seen real tough guys taken down by punks, and some of the people who try to be tough guys and tell everybody about what they are going to do with their gun would probably wet their pants......just my observation. So just because I want gun safety as a top priority, please do not elevate yourself to a tough guy....its obvious some folks are not, and if you want to make folks with common sense who are concerned about gun safety as some type of wussie......well that simply is amusing.

So to answer your question clearly....if you are only relying on a gun....you are a fool.

2seaoat wrote:
So to answer your question clearly....if you are only relying on a gun....you are a fool.

Then call me a fool with a capital F. I have a security system in my home, but I rarely even turn it on. I will turn it on it I am going to be gone from home for an extended time. I do not even set the sleep mode when I go to bed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum