Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is America under attack by traitors in our ranks?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Have special interests, Wall Street, and the Banksters combined with a splinter group of folks who want to destroy our federal system......you know the Dixiecrats trying to fight a battle they lost 150 years ago to render America impotent......to harm our citizens......to allow this nation to become the indentured servants of wealth......and to do all this under the banner of patriotism, mom, and apple pie? When they take their oath in Congress that they will support this nation and its constitution.....they are liars. When 60 plus members in the house voted no on a 9 billion dollar band aid on Sandy relief.....there is nothing that can make these folks happy short of the destruction of this government.....it is time to call them what they are......traitors.

2seaoat wrote:Have special interests, Wall Street, and the Banksters combined with a splinter group of folks who want to destroy our federal system......you know the Dixiecrats trying to fight a battle they lost 150 years ago to render America impotent......to harm our citizens......to allow this nation to become the indentured servants of wealth......and to do all this under the banner of patriotism, mom, and apple pie? When they take their oath in Congress that they will support this nation and its constitution.....they are liars. When 60 plus members in the house voted no on a 9 billion dollar band aid on Sandy relief.....there is nothing that can make these folks happy short of the destruction of this government.....it is time to call them what they are......traitors.

You mean the sandy relief bill that included all this pork?

$8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments.

$150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska

$2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC

$13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms

$207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center

$41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

$4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida

$3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center

$1.1 million to repair national cemeteries

$58.8 million for forest restoration on private land.

$197 million “to… protect coastal ecosystems and habitat impacted by Hurricane Sandy.”

$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.

$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.

Seems to me the real traitors to this country are the people who recklessly spend our tax dollars, the people that load up a relief bill with billions in pork then cry foul when it does not pass. If these people really cared about Americans suffering from a storm they would spend the money to help those Americans, not further bankrupt the country with pet projects and needless spending.

2seaoat

Thats fair.....amend the bill and take it back to the senate. If you want a discussion about flood relief reform, you do not do that holding the victims of a disaster hostage.....traitors...

Most of the mitigation money is necessary to save money.....but I certainly commend a process of getting pork out of bills, but sixty people voted against refilling the flood insurance fund.....sixty people........do not tell me that holding victims of a disaster hostage is anything but domestic terrorism not designed to strengthen this nation, rather to destroy the union.

I have argued for eight years on the Navarre thread of the PNJ that we need drastic changes on how we handle flood insurance in America. How can anybody be so hypocritical as forum members who collectively as a community benefited when this nation came to our rescue after Ivan and Dennis. Yes, we need to have lifetime payouts on parcels of property. I have suggested that we have diminishing payments on property parcels. This means that the first disaster gets 80 percent pay out.....the next disaster 50 percent and the next 25 percent where it would remain steady, and owners of those parcels of multiple claims.....they would have to bridge the gap with supplemental insurance which the government could offer a 50 per cent supplemental policy which would be funded by true actuarial based rates.....which means if you wanted to cover the property you would still have rather inexpensive insurance for the 25%, but the next 50% coverage would be staggering expensive, and in no case would there be a payout of more than 75% of the appraised value. Lenders could adjust their down payment requirements in flood zones. Bottom line we work to cut our exposure......give a time frame for victims of future storms to make adjustments, and we do not hold victims hostage.......this idea that this vote was about saving money is absurd.....it is war, and traitors are trying to bring this union down.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

alecto wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Have special interests, Wall Street, and the Banksters combined with a splinter group of folks who want to destroy our federal system......you know the Dixiecrats trying to fight a battle they lost 150 years ago to render America impotent......to harm our citizens......to allow this nation to become the indentured servants of wealth......and to do all this under the banner of patriotism, mom, and apple pie? When they take their oath in Congress that they will support this nation and its constitution.....they are liars. When 60 plus members in the house voted no on a 9 billion dollar band aid on Sandy relief.....there is nothing that can make these folks happy short of the destruction of this government.....it is time to call them what they are......traitors.

$8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments.

$150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska

$41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

$197 million “to… protect coastal ecosystems and habitat impacted by Hurricane Sandy.”

$10.78 billion for public transportation, most of which is allocated to future construction and improvements, not disaster relief.

$17 billion for wasteful Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), a program that has become notorious for its use as a backdoor earmark program.

Seems to me the real traitors to this country are the people who recklessly spend our tax dollars, the people that load up a relief bill with billions in pork then cry foul when it does not pass. If these people really cared about Americans suffering from a storm they would spend the money to help those Americans, not further bankrupt the country with pet projects and needless spending.

I think your rant ties in directly with Seoat's rant. Congress is corrupt, plain and simple. It does not serve the mainstream citizens of our country, as designed by our Founding Fathers. It exists to perpetuate its power and serve the special interests who buy influence amongst its members.

The corruption in Congress is a bipartisan thing--it is not limited to either party, specifically. There should be a Constitutional amendment for some sort of term limits for those serving in the Congress and Senate, as there is for the President, with a lifetime restriction on serving as a Congressional lobbyist after their term is over.

All this being said, if the wheels come off the new Congress over the next two-years--with this past week's performance being the trend--the GOP is destined to lose the House by a huge margin in 2014. Boehner needs to tread carefully with his opposition/obstructionism or Obama is going to be completely unleashed during his last two years (2015-2017).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat wrote:Thats fair.....amend the bill and take it back to the senate. If you want a discussion about flood relief reform, you do not do that holding the victims of a disaster hostage.....traitors...

Most of the mitigation money is necessary to save money.....but I certainly commend a process of getting pork out of bills, but sixty people voted against refilling the flood insurance fund.....sixty people........do not tell me that holding victims of a disaster hostage is anything but domestic terrorism not designed to strengthen this nation, rather to destroy the union.

I have argued for eight years on the Navarre thread of the PNJ that we need drastic changes on how we handle flood insurance in America. How can anybody be so hypocritical as forum members who collectively as a community benefited when this nation came to our rescue after Ivan and Dennis. Yes, we need to have lifetime payouts on parcels of property. I have suggested that we have diminishing payments on property parcels. This means that the first disaster gets 80 percent pay out.....the next disaster 50 percent and the next 25 percent where it would remain steady, and owners of those parcels of multiple claims.....they would have to bridge the gap with supplemental insurance which the government could offer a 50 per cent supplemental policy which would be funded by true actuarial based rates.....which means if you wanted to cover the property you would still have rather inexpensive insurance for the 25%, but the next 50% coverage would be staggering expensive, and in no case would there be a payout of more than 75% of the appraised value. Lenders could adjust their down payment requirements in flood zones. Bottom line we work to cut our exposure......give a time frame for victims of future storms to make adjustments, and we do not hold victims hostage.......this idea that this vote was about saving money is absurd.....it is war, and traitors are trying to bring this union down.

Yes sir, traitors are trying to destroy this country, and youre one of them.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
alecto wrote:

I think your rant ties in directly with Seoat's rant. Congress is corrupt, plain and simple. It does not serve the mainstream citizens of our country, as designed by our Founding Fathers. It exists to perpetuate its power and serve the special interests who buy influence amongst its members.

The corruption in Congress is a bipartisan thing--it is not limited to either party, specifically. There should be a Constitutional amendment for some sort of term limits for those serving in the Congress and Senate, as there is for the President, with a lifetime restriction on serving as a Congressional lobbyist after their term is over.

All this being said, if the wheels come off the new Congress over the next two-years--with this past week's performance being the trend--the GOP is destined to lose the House by a huge margin in 2014. Boehner needs to tread carefully with his opposition/obstructionism or Obama is going to be completely unleashed during his last two years (2015-2017).

I would sign and support a class action law suit against our politicians for a term limit. I would back it with my voice publically and finacially. Someone start it?

2seaoat

Yes sir, traitors are trying to destroy this country, and youre one of them.

If that means I do not have King George's portrait in my house.....yes I am a traitor to your blind loyalist leanings to Wall street, the banksters, the special interests, the racists, the folks who rape our environment, the people who work every day to see America fail.....well guess what.....Karl Rove's traitor money got no return.....and 2014 cannot get here soon enough......when the toilet can be flushed of hopefully a good chunk of those 60 voters.....we need to support challengers in every district where the votes originated.

Chrissy sipping on tea and toasting the portrait......god save the king.

2seaoat wrote:Yes sir, traitors are trying to destroy this country, and youre one of them.

If that means I do not have King George's portrait in my house.....yes I am a traitor to your blind loyalist leanings to Wall street, the banksters, the special interests, the racists, the folks who rape our environment, the people who work every day to see America fail.....well guess what.....Karl Rove's traitor money got no return.....and 2014 cannot get here soon enough......when the toilet can be flushed of hopefully a good chunk of those 60 voters.....we need to support challengers in every district where the votes originated.

Chrissy sipping on tea and toasting the portrait......god save the king.

LOL

You have fallen off the wagon, matter of a fact, you dont even know where the trail is anymore.

I am loyal to one thing only, my family

Over the years I have grown and been able to change my mind on things. But I havnt lost my mind. You now advocate a one party system. Your vengance and hatefulness of anything conservative is well documented here on this forum alone.

So sir, its you who is toasting a portrait of a politician, not me.

I have far better things to toast.

Im starting to feel sorry for you, so I doubt I can carry on with my pestering of you.

I do hope you have a good night

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I agree completely. Our current situation is magnified by the fact that corporations control the main stream media. Even if a person wanted to figure out what was really going on they would have to dig around for the real news. But this is nothing new. From the article Lurch posted

It’s not a new question. Upon leaving the U.S. presidency in the late 1800s, Rutherford B. Hayes wrote in his diary:

"The real difficulty is with the vast wealth and power in the hands of the few....It is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer. It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations."
http://gbgm-umc.org/Response/articles/corporate_welfare.html

The party line from the right was summed up in the 47% comment Mittens was caught making. They don't consider the failure of the whole trickle down theory which we've seen fail and fail and fail. What trickle down has given us is a wealth gap and lower wages for working people. And still they cheer on the king makers and corporatists and propagandists.

When I hear the complaint that we're headed toward being a European state I don't know what they are talking about because we are headed in the opposite direction of a European state. They tax much more and have many more government programs to sustain workers, apprentice programs for training, help for new mothers, etc. We are so far from that it isn't even funny. Just imagine living in a society that actually thinks the government should do things to help the people!! Here they try and tell us that the government is the enemy. That when it helps us we are turning into a nanny state but turn away from finding fault with a government that helps corporations and industries like big oil and agribusiness. Help corporations, good. Help people, bad. Go figure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum