Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The best Christmas present for kids

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I have been observing grandkids opening their Christmas presents since Sunday, and I have come to a conclusion......kids are pretty much the same as they were when I was a kid. When we were kids, we would wait for someone to get a washer, dryer, refrigerator, or stove. We would go over and ask people for their boxes. Once we had two or three large boxes we would begin to build a fort. Well, one of the gifts the grandkids received was a simple cardboard box which had perforations for a door windows, and had a 45 degree roof on this cardboard home. With all the cool Christmas gifts, the kids spent the entire weekend playing with their cardboard box.....their imaginations going 100mph.....the fancy gifts, many electronics.....simply lost interest as they migrated to the cardboard box. It has been a great Christmas.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah i remember my first big box turned into a tank..with a big gun....must have had issues even then....

I made a couple of very simple cradles with two yard sale Cabbage patch dolls. They liked them..[img]The best Christmas present for kids 25tgfm9[/img]

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 12/25/2012, 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

hallmarkgrad wrote:I made a couple of very simple cradles with a 2 yard sale Cabbage patch dolls. They liked them..[img]The best Christmas present for kids 25tgfm9[/img]

I like it...I feel like I just went back 50 years ago...good feeling.

Today if it doesn't have a touch screen ....well you know.

wait a minute are these politically correct ? Are girls supposed to want to care for babies ?

2seaoat

Are girls supposed to want to care for babies ?

It is definitely instinctual. My grandson has very little interest in baby dolls and will fight over any other gift with his cousins. I did observe something besides the box house which I found fascinating. My granddaughters were given play tool sets.....all the hand tools they have watched their dad using.....they went nuts playing with their toys and pretending they were fixing things.

I remember working with my 16 year old daughter who is now an attorney when I asked her to please hand me the phillips screwdriver.......and she replies........is that the plus or minus screwdriver.......so there are taught responses and there are instinctual responses.....but I would bet that my grandaughters will never ask granddad if he wants a plus or minus screwdriver.

Telescopes, binoculars, Swords, Megaphones, bopping sticks. Paper rolls from Christmas tree wrapping paper. LOL
[img]The best Christmas present for kids 2qmlms8[/img]

2seaoat

My brother and I would swordfight with Christmas wrapping rollers as soon as we bored with the gifts. We had some great sword fights until they would begin unraveling and then we would replace them until they were all gone.....some things simply do not change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum