Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why is everyone scared of an AR 15 ?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

no stress

no stress

Because honestly, criminals can do alot more damage and cause more deaths with a high capacity shotgun and 00 buckshot. If I were to go postal, an AR would be the LAST weapon I would grab. I have a shotgun that is AK 47 platform based that will hold 30 shotgun shells in a magazine that is simply a chainsaw waiting to be cranked. So seriously, why the fear? Is it because of all the hype attached to this little gun? Maybe because it is black and menacing looking?

2seaoat

Using that logic.....you bring your old shotgun to my house, and at my gate which is over a hundred yards from the house, get out of your car and come get me.....hell, my scoped 22 long shells would drop you like a racoon in my garbage before you could even think about cranking your chainsaw......so does that mean my semi 22 caliber should now be the focus of concern because I just took out the high capacity shot gun? Please do not tell me about your body armor because my homemade tennis can cannon would blow your silly body armored body 10 yards into my moat with live sharks....

Your point is valid....especially in a school setting.....devastating, but our focus should be on gun safety for all guns, and if high capacity shotguns or 22 caliber weapons fall within a range of concern, then we need reasonable safeguards to address those risks.

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:I have a shotgun that is AK 47 platform based that will hold 30 shotgun shells in a magazine

For what the fuck do you need that?

Sal wrote:
Gunz wrote:I have a shotgun that is AK 47 platform based that will hold 30 shotgun shells in a magazine

There is a difference between wanting and needing. My guess is that Gunz wants it, whether he needs it or not.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
There is a difference between wanting and needing. My guess is that Gunz wants it, whether he needs it or not.

"Zombie apocalypse" would've been a better answer.

LOL

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:

Home defense

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:Using that logic.....you bring your old shotgun to my house, and at my gate which is over a hundred yards from the house, get out of your car and come get me.....hell, my scoped 22 long shells would drop you like a racoon in my garbage before you could even think about cranking your chainsaw......so does that mean my semi 22 caliber should now be the focus of concern because I just took out the high capacity shot gun? Please do not tell me about your body armor because my homemade tennis can cannon would blow your silly body armored body 10 yards into my moat with live sharks....

Your point is valid....especially in a school setting.....devastating, but our focus should be on gun safety for all guns, and if high capacity shotguns or 22 caliber weapons fall within a range of concern, then we need reasonable safeguards to address those risks.

The sad thing is the poor kids that got massacred didnt even have someone with a "scoped 22" in their defense. maybe a teacher with a "scoped 22" could have made a difference. My point Mr oat is that for all of the fear being put out into the universe over an AR 15, it is not the boogie bear that you would have it to be. And BTW, I dont know anyone that has ever just pulled up into the driveway in their car when they intend to do evil. Most of them sneak around in pitch darkness. I hope your "scoped 22" is NVG compatible......mine is.

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:

Home defense

Told ya!

He's preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

no stress

no stress

and the occasional skunk

Gunz wrote:Because honestly, criminals can do alot more damage and cause more deaths with a high capacity shotgun and 00 buckshot. If I were to go postal, an AR would be the LAST weapon I would grab. I have a shotgun that is AK 47 platform based that will hold 30 shotgun shells in a magazine that is simply a chainsaw waiting to be cranked. So seriously, why the fear? Is it because of all the hype attached to this little gun? Maybe because it is black and menacing looking?

You are correct, but the MEDIA hype is assault weapons. I have explained more than once here that a DEER rifle will make a mist out of your torso whereas an AK will only make a hole that is about fist size. Who dies first? The person with no lungs or the person with one lung?

2seaoat wrote:Using that logic.....you bring your old shotgun to my house, and at my gate which is over a hundred yards from the house, get out of your car and come get me.....hell, my scoped 22 long shells would drop you like a racoon in my garbage before you could even think about cranking your chainsaw......so does that mean my semi 22 caliber should now be the focus of concern because I just took out the high capacity shot gun? Please do not tell me about your body armor because my homemade tennis can cannon would blow your silly body armored body 10 yards into my moat with live sharks....

Your .22 LR won't do about jack. I'd welcome an enemy that shot at me with those. None will penetrate the Level 4 body armor I have. However, the deer rifle that I bring to make my assault, WILL penetrate the exterior of your home where I shoot at it. You talk a lot of junk, but know dick about current ballistics.

Markle

Markle

Gunz wrote:Because honestly, criminals can do alot more damage and cause more deaths with a high capacity shotgun and 00 buckshot. If I were to go postal, an AR would be the LAST weapon I would grab. I have a shotgun that is AK 47 platform based that will hold 30 shotgun shells in a magazine that is simply a chainsaw waiting to be cranked. So seriously, why the fear? Is it because of all the hype attached to this little gun? Maybe because it is black and menacing looking?

That's the bottom line.

I've asked the anti-gun crowd to describe a real assault weapon and all they can do is show pictures of "evil" looking guns.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:

Why do you care?

Sal wrote:

He needs it because he wants one. What other reason does he need to have? I bet it is a SAIGA.

no stress

no stress

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:

He needs it because he wants one. What other reason does he need to have? I bet it is a SAIGA.

SAIGA 12 converted

Remember a weapon or gun is just part of the equation. A lot depends on who is using it. Not too far from being like Golf Clubs, each one does a specific job, some a little better than the other one. But if you have a squad of Marines,like Pacedog that have been battle tested, trying to get you,then as a civilian you have a hell of a problem. Gun choice might not be a big factor.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's true but I did listen to a forward firebase full of Marines go silent in Vietnam. They were well armed and had the support of many gun batteries and they all still died at the hand of a determined enemy that had the home and numerical advantage. They were good men and died bravely .

2seaoat

Who dies first? The person with no lungs or the person with one lung?

I only have one lung.....I am screwed.....

As to me not knowing ballistics, and your body armor protecting you from a little old 22 long......you do make me smile. You start blasting your deer rifle through my house, but my property has perimeter sensors and cameras.....so I am going to see your rambo outfit coming.....sneaking up ......but how good are your extremities covered with your armor.....I know jack about body armor....I do know at 100 yards I can with five shots get one in your body mass no problemo, and if you start sneaking up slowly so I am not firing at a moving target through obstacles....maybe a little better ratio, but as a perp.....you must really want to get my crispy creme doughnuts bad to risk a little old 22........but of course when you decide to come in with your rambo body armor the 12 gage will take over......and those crispy creme doughnuts might not seem that important.

The simple fact is most coyotes will not risk a confrontation with a big dog even when they are in a pack and could overpower the sole dog....the risk of injury is too great.....so they defer to another day when they can find a small dog for lunch......most burglars or robbers are looking for an opportunity like a coyote.....little risk.....easy reward. You do not need an assault weapon to defend your home.....and as has been mentioned a shot gun is the preferable weapon in home defense....you take that 30-06 and explain to Jane Doe across the Street why her husband was found reading his newspaper in his lazy boy with one of those big holes you have been talking about. I am fine with my two shotguns and scoped 22 semi....and of course perimeter motion detectors and a great 16 camera security system, are better than a gun in my opinion......turn the exterior security lights on and game on if somebody decides that the french curl crispy is a must have.

Mr Oats. No offence but there is no way in Hell i would live in a place if I had to have a 16 camera surveillance system and perimeter motion detectors. Damn.. My garage dosent even have a lock....

I had one of them SAIGA 12 game-boxes. It sucked like a Hoover, so I took it out w/ my gun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum