Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PNJ on Stooderville

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PNJ on Stooderville Empty PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 9:07 am

Are there alternatives to Studer Building site?
Posted on December 17, 2012 by Carlton Proctor

So, the designated Studer site directly in front of the stadium is not the only option within the park that would generate revenue for the CMPA.

But when you look at a map of all nine developable sites crammed within the park– granted, sites that need to be developed to generate revenue– it occurs that when fully built out, which could be a decade or more, it will be more an office park and less of a public park.

All that will be left for the public is a small lawn area at the back of the park and the amphitheater

Even now, there’s no signage along Main Street even identifying that it is a public park.

To a first-time visitor to Pensacola driving by the site it looks singularly like the home to a baseball stadium. There’s nothing really visible– at present– that invites or encourages people to use the park.

Rectifying that should not too complicated or expensive… some prominent, tasteful signage along Main and a small billboard with a map of the park is all that’s needed.

It may be too late for the CMPA to change the site of Studer’s building. But in fairness to the public they should provide an artist’s rendering of what the building will look like as it’s situated on the site in front of the park.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive! -- Sir Walter Scott

2PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 11:25 am

2seaoat

This is the dual purpose that people want......a park which pays for itself, and a wide open space next to the bay where people can enjoy the waterfront.....it is going to be very difficult to achieve both goals. In many communities folks are passing open space bonds which preserve natural or unique areas and they seek no contribution from revenue producing functions on that land. I personally like the park remaining open and putting development across the street on old stinky. However, others want every dollar of taxpayer money to be recouped with business generating revenue on the space. I like something in the middle.....yet this will bring criticism from both ends. Mr. Proctor ran a blog last week that said Earl came into the office and was complaining about the new building blocking views.....so their is growing support to just keep the park open.....forget the revenues.....but I would like to see a combination.....I think the park open offers some amazing opportunity for large camping concerts where folks can pitch tents and enjoy the beautiful bay.

3PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 11:41 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:This is the dual purpose that people want......a park which pays for itself, and a wide open space next to the bay where people can enjoy the waterfront.....it is going to be very difficult to achieve both goals. In many communities folks are passing open space bonds which preserve natural or unique areas and they seek no contribution from revenue producing functions on that land. I personally like the park remaining open and putting development across the street on old stinky. However, others want every dollar of taxpayer money to be recouped with business generating revenue on the space. I like something in the middle.....yet this will bring criticism from both ends. Mr. Proctor ran a blog last week that said Earl came into the office and was complaining about the new building blocking views.....so their is growing support to just keep the park open.....forget the revenues.....but I would like to see a combination.....I think the park open offers some amazing opportunity for large camping concerts where folks can pitch tents and enjoy the beautiful bay.

That would be nice. I would love to see the festivals held on the green area. Pensacola out grew Seville Square 30 years ago. Wouldn't it be nice to go by boat to the festivals and a ball game?

4PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 11:56 am

Boat traffic has been discussed at length at the CMPA meetings. Unless there are major funds to clear away the old pier and the underwater debris, boat usage around Stooderville will be limited. Mr Merting alluded to this fact during the last meeting. Mr Merill shot him a icy stare for just mentioning the fact.

No It is just as many people had said from the start. It is just a Ball Park. Nothing More, nothing less.

To a first-time visitor to Pensacola driving by the site it looks singularly like the home to a baseball stadium. There’s nothing really visible– at present– that invites or encourages people to use the park

As you know the issue now is CMPA does not have any real revenue streams on that property, but from the stadium

Duh...

5PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 12:02 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

hallmarkgrad wrote:Boat traffic has been discussed at length at the CMPA meetings. Unless there are major funds to clear away the old pier and the underwater debris, boat usage around Stooderville will be limited. Mr Merting alluded to this fact during the last meeting. Mr Merill shot him a icy stare for just mentioning the fact.

No It is just as many people had said from the start. It is just a Ball Park. Nothing More, nothing less.

To a first-time visitor to Pensacola driving by the site it looks singularly like the home to a baseball stadium. There’s nothing really visible– at present– that invites or encourages people to use the park

As you know the issue now is CMPA does not have any real revenue streams on that property, but from the stadium

Duh...

but but but....in the phases it was stated there would be docking facilities for the condo and office owners.

6PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 12:07 pm

Real people keep their yachts at Rooster-burgers on Palafox Pier. Anything else is too plebeian.

7PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 12:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

hallmarkgrad wrote:Real people keep their yachts at Rooster-burgers on Palafox Pier. Anything else is too plebeian.

Oh, the one with the fountain next to a parking space.

8PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 12:12 pm

Just Dock here You can use your helicopter the rest of the way

PNJ on Stooderville B817f127-ef87-44b6-952d-43361985333e.1

9PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 12:14 pm

2seaoat

I hope I can collect on this bet.....but in five years if there is not a vibrant marina at this location, I will walk around the park with a sandwich board which says Seaoat is a dumbasz .....only if all the critics who think no marina will exist.....will wear sandwich boards which say.....Seaoat for Mayor.......

heeee heeee heeeee lol! lol! lol! I will not be here......so I guess I will designate Hallmark to take my place....... flower

10PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 12:23 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I hope I can collect on this bet.....but in five years if there is not a vibrant marina at this location, I will walk around the park with a sandwich board which says Seaoat is a dumbasz .....only if all the critics who think no marina will exist.....will wear sandwich boards which say.....Seaoat for Mayor.......

heeee heeee heeeee lol! lol! lol! I will not be here......so I guess I will designate Hallmark to take my place....... flower

Trust me there will be a PRIVATE marina.

11PNJ on Stooderville Empty Re: PNJ on Stooderville 12/18/2012, 12:27 pm

Set the Date.... If I lose people can take pictures and we burn them like the Asians do and send the images to you that way.
PNJ on Stooderville Chengdu_offerings_for_the_dead

Picture: From paper money on the right to houses on top and suits with a mobile phones on the bottom: everything can be used in the afterlife.
One pillar of the Chinese civilization is their respect for their departed ancestors. For example on the Day of the Dead deceased ancestors are worshipped and their graves are cleaned (a custom also practised in Japan). In China people believe that one has to provide goods for the deceased in order to keep them happy. Emperor Qin for example buried in Xian a whole Terracotta army with him as he hoped they will follow him into his afterlife. The custom of worshipping ancestors has remained a cornerstone of the Chinese culture. If one visits a Chinese temple today one can still see people burning fake money, paper suits and toy mobile phones so that the deceased can use them in the afterlife.

To be honest. I hope I lose the bet... But I have 4 jacks before the flop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum