Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas Babies

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christmas Babies Empty Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 6:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Christmas Babies Christ10

2Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 7:37 pm

Pensacola Trivia. Who were the first recorded "Triplets' born in Pensacola?

3Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 7:43 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's just precious, Joani!

4Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 7:43 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I don't have a clue...I only know one family in Pensacola that had triplets...and the triplets are probably in their mid 30's.

5Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 7:56 pm

I grew up with this guys. Gene, Dan and Auther(pee Wee) Gonzalez. I would guess they were born about 1945/46. Pensacola was pretty small back then so they were big news. They lived a few blocks away on H st. I think Auther died pretty young, maybe 45 or so. I saw Gene not too long ago. They were/are good people. .........They may not have been the first but that is just what I was told when I was a young guy.

6Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 7:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

hallmarkgrad wrote:I grew up with this guys. Gene, Dan and Auther(pee Wee) Gonzalez. I would guess they were born about 1945/46. Pensacola was pretty small back then so they were big news. They lived a few blocks away on H st. I think Auther died pretty young, maybe 45 or so. I saw Gene not too long ago. They were/are good people. .........They may not have been the first but that is just what I was told when I was a young guy.

I would imagine the mortality rate would be a problem for triplets back in the day. Neonatal intensive care is miraculous.

7Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 8:08 pm

I would say that you are correct. I had not thought of that aspect. Medicine was pretty crude back in those days. I had always wondered if they were really the first because surely in the history of Pensacola there should have been more. But maybe it was as you say "Surviving Triplets". They were all normal healthy people as far as I know.

8Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 8:14 pm

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:Pensacola Trivia. Who were the first recorded "Triplets' born in Pensacola?

Larry, Moe, and Curley Odderberg born in 1213, where present day Pensacola is located.Their father was the sole survivor of the drowned crew of a wrecked Viking Dragonship and an Oscaloosa Native American named Silvermullet. They conceived a comedy act and lived to be 87 years old touring the south gulf shore until they were captured by a traveling Aztec circus never to be heard of again.

Last edited by Yella on 12/14/2012, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

9Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 8:15 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Christmas Babies Christ10

This is a welcome palate cleanser after the horrific events of the day.

Thanks for posting it.

10Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 8:18 pm

Yella

Yella

Joanimaroni wrote:Christmas Babies Christ10

That is a pile of cute little babies. I know you are proud.

11Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 8:33 pm

Yella wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:Pensacola Trivia. Who were the first recorded "Triplets' born in Pensacola?

Larry, Moe, and Curley Odderberg born in 1213, where present day Pensacola is located.Their father was the sole survivor of the drowned crew of a wrecked Viking Dragonship and an Oscaloosa Native American named Silvermullet. They conceived a comedy act and lived to be 87 years old touring the south gulf shore until they were captured by a traveling Aztec circus never to be heard of again.

The first real triplets of Pensacola were the Sons of Mr and Mrs Quagmire Studer but their claim as first was not allowed as they were not born with in the City Limits. Their 3 boys Bent, Quint, and Dent were born at the now infamous Cricket and Polo Ranch that their father was building in Brownsville. Unlike today, Brownsville was a thriving Metropolis of over 300,000 people. Unforgettably the people of Brownsville thought Cricket was just fish bait and Polo was after Shave so the concept never proved to be financially successful. The citizens of Brownsville hope to retire their debt service for the failed project in 2035

12Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 8:46 pm

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Yella wrote:

The first real triplets of Pensacola were the Sons of Mr and Mrs Quagmire Studer. Their 3 boys Bent, Quint, and Dent were born at the now infamous Cricket and Polo Ranch that their father was building in Brownsville. Unlike today, Brownsville was a thriving Metropolis of over 300,000 people. Unforgettably the people of Brownsville thought Cricket was just fish bait and Polo was after Shave so the concept never proved to be financially successful. The citizens of Brownsville hope to retire their debt service for the failed project in 2035

Beautiful, Grad, absolutely far out. But the question arises as to what HAPPENED to those missing 290,000? Dueling in the streets?

13Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 9:10 pm

No Not exactly. It seems that some of the Polo players got upset with a few of outside vendors who were selling Corn Bread and Molasses in gallon buckets, a very popular snack at that time. The claim was that the Molasses had been "cut" with cane syrup. The ensuing riot caused so much damage to Brownsville that it never recovered. Most of the citizenry dispersed and many moved down town to find work near the new Palafox pier. They say that on a quiet night you can still hear the hooves of the Polo Ponies running down "T" st. Mr Quagmire and his sons moved up north to find work in the factories.

14Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/14/2012, 10:16 pm

Aww what a bunch of beautiful babies, Maroni. You're a lucky lady.

15Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/15/2012, 12:57 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Yella wrote:

The first real triplets of Pensacola were the Sons of Mr and Mrs Quagmire Studer but their claim as first was not allowed as they were not born with in the City Limits. Their 3 boys Bent, Quint, and Dent were born at the now infamous Cricket and Polo Ranch that their father was building in Brownsville. Unlike today, Brownsville was a thriving Metropolis of over 300,000 people. Unforgettably the people of Brownsville thought Cricket was just fish bait and Polo was after Shave so the concept never proved to be financially successful. The citizens of Brownsville hope to retire their debt service for the failed project in 2035

Thank you HM....that one really made me laugh out loud.

16Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/15/2012, 1:16 am

Glad you thought it was funny. I did not mean to hijack the thread. Some people take this stuff way to serious. Yeller always makes me think with some his posts. Take care .

17Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/15/2012, 1:29 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

hallmarkgrad wrote:Glad you thought it was funny. I did not mean to hijack the thread. Some people take this stuff way to serious. Yeller always makes me think with some his posts. Take care .

Hijack away...especially when you can make me laugh like that.

18Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/15/2012, 1:40 am

Whose are all them babies? How cute!

19Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/15/2012, 2:03 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:Whose are all them babies? How cute!

My daughter's 4month old and two of her friends babies. The one in the foreground is 1 month old and the one on the left is 2 months old. Hopefully our future basketball players. The babies are all in the 98-99% for height and the dads are 6'2'', 6'4" and 6'6".

20Christmas Babies Empty Re: Christmas Babies 12/15/2012, 3:38 pm

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:Glad you thought it was funny. I did not mean to hijack the thread. Some people take this stuff way to serious. Yeller always makes me think with some his posts. Take care .

I love it when you respond to my silliness.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum