Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 Choice of the Dems

+4
stormwatch89
knothead
Sal
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

12016 Choice of the Dems Empty 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/9/2012, 4:40 pm

2016 Choice of the Dems B129a9d734f4d222220f6a7067004b08

22016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/9/2012, 10:59 pm

2seaoat

Why not......I was a Hillary hater.......I respect her now.....I think she has served her country and has earned her right to be considered by Democratic voters.....I would never vote for her, and unless Republicans try to fix stupid....she would win in a landslide, because I doubt that she will have primary challengers.....Obama and Bill have cut that deal, and certainly the Democrats will avoid the sideshow which was the Republican Primary.......so you will see a unified party in 2016

32016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/9/2012, 11:39 pm

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:2016 Choice of the Dems B129a9d734f4d222220f6a7067004b08

Yes.

So?

42016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/9/2012, 11:55 pm

knothead

knothead

Hillary will be a formidable candidate if she chooses to run (which I think she will) so I expect more formal attacks on her from the right. I would vote for her in a second, why? She has an impeccable resume' and is a proven and respected leader on a international platform. The GOP, while in disarray, will struggle to mount a serious challenge to her but that is in 2016 which is a long way off. I hope I live to see the election . . . .

52016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 10:07 am

knothead wrote:Hillary will be a formidable candidate if she chooses to run (which I think she will) so I expect more formal attacks on her from the right. I would vote for her in a second, why? She has an impeccable resume' and is a proven and respected leader on a international platform. The GOP, while in disarray, will struggle to mount a serious challenge to her but that is in 2016 which is a long way off. I hope I live to see the election . . . .

Has she explained her role in the Embassy attack/murders?...This was her area of control...Not blaming her...but either she and her department dropped the ball and/or the drop came from further up and she's being a good soldier and falling on the sword for higher ups...There still seems to be a conflict between the stories/accounts of the cowh..rice...and Hillary...of the three which is more believeable?....

62016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 11:19 am

2seaoat

..but either she and her department dropped the ball and/or the drop came from further up and she's being a good soldier and falling on the sword for higher ups...There still seems to be a conflict between the stories/accounts of the cowh..rice...and Hillary...of the three which is more believeable?....

I watched the shows on TV that Sunday morning, and after listening it was crystal clear we were attacked by terrorist. Unless somebody just got dropped off on a little bus......there was no confusion, and this idea that an active CIA operation in Libya was going to be micromanaged by the President or the SOS.....very unrealistic. Certainly, there will be reviews, but other than political opportunist grasping at straws prior to the election.....I have seen zero liability on the SOS.....and certainly in four years there will be books written, and probably a movie.....so there will be plenty of time to create a boogie man....but this was CIA.....and they are not going to show all the cards in their constant battle in their covert war.

72016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 11:29 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PLEASE let them put up
Biden or Reid!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

82016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 12:05 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Newt Gingrich on Hilary's chances in 2016:

If their competitor in '16 is going to be Hillary Clinton, supported by Bill Clinton and presumably, a still relatively popular President Barack Obama, trying to win that will be truly the Super Bowl. And the Republican Party today is incapable of competing at that level. She is married to the most popular Democrat in the country. They both think it would be good for her to be president. That makes it virtually impossible to stop (her) nomination, I think. But when I thought she was frankly going to be the nominee in '08. And I went all through the spring of '08 thinking she would beat [Barack] Obama.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/09/Gingrich-Says-Hillary-Unbeatable-In-2016-By-Current-GOP

92016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 12:11 pm

Ryan/Rubio MIGHT have a slim chance but that depends on how motivated a Hillary candidate would be. After 4 years of slogging around the Mideast and elsewhere, in addition to the baggage of Benghazi and the under the radar mess in the Congo (thanks to Susan Rice) - it is far too early to suggest she is unbeatable. It is also likely the stooge Biden will toss his hat in but he won't have the support needed.

102016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 12:28 pm

The next POTUS will be a democrat, no matter who is running on the democratic ticket.

112016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 12:29 pm

2seaoat

in addition to the baggage of Benghazi

You are joking around a bit.....are you not? This issue was manipulated when the griddle was hot.....and your suggesting in four years anybody but someone who thinks Hillary was killing people in Parks.....will give one hoot about the same. The race will not be about personalities.....it will be about policy, platforms, and inclusion. If the Republican Party excludes, works for 1% of our citizens, and wants to control a woman's body.....the numbers simply will not be available. The demographics of this nation are rapidly changing. The Republican Party sold their soul to the devil when they allowed the Tea Party to push them over the brink.......it will be a slow and painful extraction, but until their influence is minimal.....the Democrats will be elected.

122016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 12:52 pm

2seaoat wrote:in addition to the baggage of Benghazi

The race will not be about personalities.....it will be about policy, platforms, and inclusion. If the Republican Party excludes, works for 1% of our citizens, and wants to control a woman's body.....the numbers simply will not be available. The demographics of this nation are rapidly changing. The Republican Party sold their soul to the devil when they allowed the Tea Party to push them over the brink.......it will be a slow and painful extraction, but until their influence is minimal.....the Democrats will be elected.

As I implied, Hillary is going to be tough to beat - if she runs. That said, you are mistaken in thinking the race will not be about personalities. Unless there is a radical change in thinking on the part of uninformed voters (the majority) a presidential race is always about personality and perception. You are correct that the Tea Bangers ruined any chance the Repubs may have had in the last election. Just as radicals on the left are bad for the Dems, the radicals on the right (TPs in particular) are bad news for the Repubs. If the Repubs can reset, if the economy doesn't improve, if they pick the right candidates - if if if if....

132016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 1:07 pm

2seaoat

Rubio could be appealing to many young people. I have a deep seated respect with how he handled himself when he came to Pensacola during the peak of uncertainty with the BP spill pouring oil into the Gulf......and he did not hesitate to say at this critical time that we must continue to drill....when everybody else was attacking all drilling....it showed integrity and courage in my mind.

However, if Rubio is locked into the straight jacket of the current Republican platform, and the likes of Karl Rove and his billionaire sponsors.....he will be one more puppet of the Oligarchy. There needs to be a movement in the Republican Party among young Republicans to recapture that portion of the Republican Party which was always strong on the environment, was inclusive, and understood that fiscal conservatism gets us to balanced budgets which will have a blend of Revenue and cuts in spending. Youth must be a Republican strategy.....and Ryan is a footnote in history.....his performance in 2012 was dismal.....and any connection with a new campaign will bring back memories of Romney......there are many rising stars in the Republican Party who are way down the ranks and who must get national exposure....Clinton was unknown in his first run....Obama was a novice.....Carter came out of nowhere......and my prediction is that the business wing of the Republican Party has had it with the Karl Roves and Tea Party....they will find somebody young and unknown.....we will see.

142016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 2:03 pm

knothead

knothead

[quote="2seaoat"]Rubio could be appealing to many young people. I have a deep seated respect with how he handled himself when he came to Pensacola during the peak of uncertainty with the BP spill pouring oil into the Gulf......and he did not hesitate to say at this critical time that we must continue to drill....when everybody else was attacking all drilling....it showed integrity and courage in my mind.

I don't have a clear recollection of the status of the oil spill when Rubio showed up here . . . . . I just disagree that it showed courage and integrity to continue drilling. I believe the opposite is true . . . . . it took courage to insist that the other wells were operating in accordance of their permits and that their BOP were functional. Ask yourself the 'what if's' here SO, knowing the decades long inappropriate relationship between the oil companies and the MMS that was just too cozy and had been playing musical chairs with their management what if there was yet another catastrophic blow out because of a failure of the BOP and attendant redundant systems that failed. The President would have been crucified had that happened and he took a tremendous amount of heat for temporarily halting drilling until it was known to be safe . . . . . . that is integrity and courage! Rubio was dancing to the mantra of Drill Baby Drill . . . . . remember?

152016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 2:12 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Rubio could be appealing to many young people. I have a deep seated respect with how he handled himself when he came to Pensacola during the peak of uncertainty with the BP spill pouring oil into the Gulf......and he did not hesitate to say at this critical time that we must continue to drill....when everybody else was attacking all drilling....it showed integrity and courage in my mind.

However, if Rubio is locked into the straight jacket of the current Republican platform, and the likes of Karl Rove and his billionaire sponsors.....he will be one more puppet of the Oligarchy. There needs to be a movement in the Republican Party among young Republicans to recapture that portion of the Republican Party which was always strong on the environment, was inclusive, and understood that fiscal conservatism gets us to balanced budgets which will have a blend of Revenue and cuts in spending. Youth must be a Republican strategy.....and Ryan is a footnote in history.....his performance in 2012 was dismal.....and any connection with a new campaign will bring back memories of Romney......there are many rising stars in the Republican Party who are way down the ranks and who must get national exposure....Clinton was unknown in his first run....Obama was a novice.....Carter came out of nowhere......and my prediction is that the business wing of the Republican Party has had it with the Karl Roves and Tea Party....they will find somebody young and unknown.....we will see.

Rubio has a ton of baggage, some of it in our own backyard:

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/08/11591/marco-rubio-geo-group-and-legacy-corruption

162016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 2:15 pm

2seaoat

There is absolutely no doubt that careless drilling and avoidance of sound and principled regulation is a good thing, but there was a great overreaction at the time of the spill.....nobody was standing up and saying this nation needs our oil resources in the gulf, and we must continue to drill and maximize safeguards. I had not been much of a fan before that because he seemed to be a one dimensional life story of the refugee made good....but I heard his words.....and he did not try to play smart politician and avoid, smoke and mirrors, and say something which people wanted to hear.....he came when our beautiful beaches were being ruined....oil was still spewing.....and there was a pit in everybody's stomach.....it took courage, and integrity to say something like he did. I have some real problems with his appeal on issues with the crazies....but his integrity that day in Pensacola.....well he could be a formidable candidate if not burdened by the crazies.

172016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 3:22 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

...if not burdened by the crazies.

How do you see the Republicans shedding this tea party skin?

Previously anyone who was even slightly critical of the crazy wing of the party got jumped all over by Rush & party. At least some are now declining to sign the Norquist pledge. That's a start.

182016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 3:29 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:...if not burdened by the crazies.

Previously anyone who was even slightly critical of the crazy wing of the party got jumped all over by Rush & party. At least some are now declining to sign the Norquist pledge. That's a start.

The way you word your question doesn't render you objective enough to deserve an answer.

If you want to make an honest attempt to understand the base desires of conservatives... you won't find it through derogatory slurs or leftist talking points. I don't think you really have any desire for an answer.

192016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 3:37 pm

2seaoat

The way you word your question doesn't render you objective enough to deserve an answer.

Nope.....there is a definable crazy and radical fringe of the Republican Party which has turned off America. President Obama should never have been elected with the economy in the condition it has been for the last four years. It took extraordinary crazy to change America's vote in this election. There is no subjective when dealing with crazy......going into an "all in election" and you have the crazy faction talking about special juices which stop a woman who has been raped from getting pregnant.....nope....you can make me out as the crazy one....but there are standards, and the Michelle Bachmans of this world are certifiable loons.....period......and the Republican Party cannot win until intelligence and smart policy take precedence over looney tunes. Objective truth....period.

202016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 3:38 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:There is absolutely no doubt that careless drilling and avoidance of sound and principled regulation is a good thing, but there was a great overreaction at the time of the spill.....nobody was standing up and saying this nation needs our oil resources in the gulf, and we must continue to drill and maximize safeguards. I had not been much of a fan before that because he seemed to be a one dimensional life story of the refugee made good....but I heard his words.....and he did not try to play smart politician and avoid, smoke and mirrors, and say something which people wanted to hear.....he came when our beautiful beaches were being ruined....oil was still spewing.....and there was a pit in everybody's stomach.....it took courage, and integrity to say something like he did. I have some real problems with his appeal on issues with the crazies....but his integrity that day in Pensacola.....well he could be a formidable candidate if not burdened by the crazies.

OVERREACTION???!!!

Do you have any idea at all how destructive that blowout was? Or how many times BP lied and continues to lie about the extent of the damage? Or how many days they sprayed toxic clouds of dispersant directly on us and our children and grandchildren? Or when we might be able to trust the seafood from the Gulf again? Good grief, man! What we needed was real alternative fuels 40 years ago. What we could really use now is gas made from hemp. We need to plant so much of it that no one can get rid of it all. Did you even read my post about Rubio? The man is as corrupt as they come. Tell me, Seaoat, why the Republicans are so tied up with Geo Group and Wackenhut...and why the state of Florida tried to privatize a record number of prisons here when it wouldn't even save money? Or why Romney rejected Rubio as a VP candidate? Florida Repugs are the worst.

212016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 3:44 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The way you word your question doesn't render you objective enough to deserve an answer.

Nope.....there is a definable crazy and radical fringe of the Republican Party which has turned off America. President Obama should never have been elected with the economy in the condition it has been for the last four years. It took extraordinary crazy to change America's vote in this election. There is no subjective when dealing with crazy......going into an "all in election" and you have the crazy faction talking about special juices which stop a woman who has been raped from getting pregnant.....nope....you can make me out as the crazy one....but there are standards, and the Michelle Bachmans of this world are certifiable loons.....period......and the Republican Party cannot win until intelligence and smart policy take precedence over looney tunes. Objective truth....period.

President Obama WAS elected, so get over it. It's YOUR PARTY...the 1% party...that caused our economic woes. Only the densest brain wouldn't grasp that fact. Your party seems to be loaded with people who can't think past their own desires, and to hell with everybody else. And your party ran a candidate who couldn't tell the truth if his feet were on fire. Saying that Obama shouldn't have won is the same as saying that Romney should have won, b/c the RNC wasn't going to give any other candidate a real shot...and even THEN...who've you got? No one. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

222016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 3:49 pm

2seaoat

but there was a great overreaction at the time of the spill.

Overreaction

Yes, folks were saying all drilling should stop in the ocean in American territorial waters. We have gone through a fifty year change in the American landscape and have planned, designed, and executed on our cities and suburbs a model which requires individual vehicles for our citizens to get around and for business to operate as 70% of our GDP is driven by consumer demand. It will take us 50 years to evolve this model, and I agree that alternatives must be explored, but to simply argue that a well has a risk factor therefore we must shut them all down.....it was a great overreaction, and many people who are in the middle were looking at our spoiled beaches and in their anger.....were agreeing. It took courage to go and tell those folks that America must make our wells safer, but no time in the near future will we be able to ban drilling in our territorial waters. I am not saying I am in love with Rubio....but there is something at a core level which I respect about him....and much of that stems from his stop in Pensacola during the oil spill.......

232016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 3:54 pm

2seaoat

President Obama WAS elected, so get over it.

My point was that economic indicators historically would not have reelected an incumbent unless the challenger was weak because of policy or platform.
I am relieved that Romney did not win....so relieved......., but I do not have a warm and fuzzy feeling about President Obama......he can prove me wrong. I think he did an a+ job on Foreign Relations, and a c- on domestic......call me a neocon.......I have just been called a communist for saying the same thing before the election.......nothing new here.

242016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 4:46 pm

Sal

Sal

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/12/kentucky-miscellany.html

Very Happy

252016 Choice of the Dems Empty Re: 2016 Choice of the Dems 12/13/2012, 5:15 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:...if not burdened by the crazies.

If you want to make an honest attempt to understand the base desires of conservatives... you won't find it through derogatory slurs or leftist talking points. I don't think you really have any desire for an answer.

Actually I really am curious about who in the Republican party is going to break the news to the rest of them about how far astray they are going.

Probably the loss of this last election will get their attention. But when you've got Rush to fear it is not easy. That's the truth. You know darn well how he jumps all over any R politician who strays from the very far right message. And when he calls attention to something he doesn't like the tea party threatens to primary the person.

Oh it is a very dysfunctional party at the moment. I don't think you were offended by the way I asked the question as you were miffed because you didn't want to think about it. It is a real problem for your side and if it continues this way your party will continue to shrink.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum