Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am a Republican.......but it is really...really...hard to stay with my party

+2
Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-12-05/news/bs-ed-compassion-gop-20121205_1_disabled-people-treaty-human-rights

I have met Bob Dole. He is a great American. WTF is it going to take to get common sense back in the party. I am sick to death of stupid. I am sick to death of money buying my party, and hate being sold to the weak of mind. I am also equally fearful that without a strong Republican Party that there will be no checks and balances......rather, we are on a path to European splinter parties with increase radicalization by the extremes. I am going to travel and play poker with some old friends next Wed night.....and some of these folks have taken me off their email lists because they are mad at my recent stands on how stupid my party has become........it will be an interesting poker game....but damn am I tired of stupid.

Who the hell are you trying to fool.

You're not a republican. You're a communist.

I suggest you hurry on over to CPUSA and sign up before you miss out on being able to be a member of a party you can relate to. Very Happy

lol... I ain't buying it either. He might have been a teddy republican.

I am a Republican.......but it is really...really...hard to stay with my party Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGggw3wNBb6zMgfFkqNmTbchyhRhMU5fIC8LDTTdtUMgykPfTPIA

2seaoat in a teddy?

*****SHUDDER CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71hVIGjvuVY

Shocked

2seaoat wrote:http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-12-05/news/bs-ed-compassion-gop-20121205_1_disabled-people-treaty-human-rights

I have met Bob Dole. He is a great American. WTF is it going to take to get common sense back in the party. I am sick to death of stupid. I am sick to death of money buying my party, and hate being sold to the weak of mind. I am also equally fearful that without a strong Republican Party that there will be no checks and balances......rather, we are on a path to European splinter parties with increase radicalization by the extremes. I am going to travel and play poker with some old friends next Wed night.....and some of these folks have taken me off their email lists because they are mad at my recent stands on how stupid my party has become........it will be an interesting poker game....but damn am I tired of stupid.

How is it that you think a world organization knows better on how to treat its disabled people in the local area (Florida, Pensacola, Pace etc)? This is about LOCAL control and less big government. That is what the GOP stands for. This proposes that we give that control to a world lawmaking body. No thanks.

2seaoat

2seaoat in a teddy?

A striking resemblance.........on a good day.

2seaoat

This proposes that we give that control to a world lawmaking body.

Nope........it does not mean any of that. I will agree that most of the UN is silly show.....with very little go.......but sometimes the show is important, and this simply is stupid on steroids. We need to pick our battles. The GOP will be out of existence in 6-10 years if stupid is not put on the shelf and focus given to fiscal conservative tenets.

2seaoat

You're not a republican. You're a communist.

well, I still vote in Republican primaries.....I ran for office as a Republican in 1994......I lost. A bunch of people just like me have had enough...we either make changes in our party or we leave.....I am not leaving, and you can label me anyway you want, but my words are true and your thoughts limited to a dark corner where the current tea party and Dixiecrats can retreat once we take our party back....and we will. A moderate Republican.....and not ashamed to admit the same.....more conservative than most on some issues, and more progressive than most on other issues......live with it....we are going to take our party back.

Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola

I have totally given up the Republican party. I voted for Nixon, Ford and Reagan . The second time Reagan ran, I thought that something was terribly wrong. The NEOCONS have gained power. I did not vote for anyone for President after that, until this year. When the Republican Party nominated Romney, that was the nail in the coffin for me. From now on I am voting straight Libertarian

If both parties want a war in the future, raise taxes to pay for it instead of driving our country into debt. Also start the draft, it a shame that only 1% of the US population are fighting and dying in political wars.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

There's your poster child, Seaoat.

BTW, I take back what I said in the past; you're not a neocon...far from it. However, most if not all of them are GOP.

2seaoat

BTW, I take back what I said in the past; you're not a neocon...far from it. However, most if not all of them are GOP.

Yep, five years of being called a Neocon....because I supported Bush.....now I am a Communist because I believe stupid has taken over the Republican Party......it is easy to take a pledge....or have a dogma.....it is a damn site more difficult to try to do the right thing regardless of the consequences.....courage in our political leaders is in short supply, and when I see a brave man like Senator Dole being disrespected by a vote which really did not mean a thing.....it pisses me off that stupid is winning the day......next week....that may be another thing, but moderation takes courage and Bob Dole was a Great American who today could not win a primary in the Republican Party.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Jindal is tired of belonging to the party of Stupid too. What has the GOP come to when John Huntsman has to nearly apologize (or say he refuses to do so) because he supports scientific data?!

It is one thing for a group of religious fundamentalists to trot around believing that people domesticated dinosaurs or whatever but when a major political party scoffs at scientific evidence for anything that challenges their positions on something then things have to change. Evolve or die as they say.

“It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments — enough of that,” Jindal said. “It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83743.html#ixzz2EILZ5M6i

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) is resigning his seat in January to become president of the Heritage Foundation, GOP aides confirmed to POLITICO. "This really gets my blood going again thinking about the possibilities. This is the time to elevate the conservative cause," the senator told the Wall Street Journal, which first reported the news. Republican South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley would appoint a replacement until a special election is held in 2014, the Journal reported.

For more information... http://www.politico.com

othershoe1030 wrote:Jindal is tired of belonging to the party of Stupid too. What has the GOP come to when John Huntsman has to nearly apologize (or say he refuses to do so) because he supports scientific data?!

It is one thing for a group of religious fundamentalists to trot around believing that people domesticated dinosaurs or whatever but when a major political party scoffs at scientific evidence for anything that challenges their positions on something then things have to change. Evolve or die as they say.

“It is no secret we had a number of Republicans damage our brand this year with offensive, bizarre comments — enough of that,” Jindal said. “It’s not going to be the last time anyone says something stupid within our party, but it can’t be tolerated within our party. We’ve also had enough of this dumbed-down conservatism. We need to stop being simplistic, we need to trust the intelligence of the American people and we need to stop insulting the intelligence of the voters.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83743.html#ixzz2EILZ5M6i

"embrace a populist-tinged reform approach"

I see very little difference between the parties... I do see an enormous effort to pretend there is tho.

The funny part is that I read the progressive sites and have noticed that they present a theme and within a few weeks even the leftists on here begin parroting it. I'm not sure which is the greater disconnect... the right's inability to recognize it's progressivism... or the left's denial of the true origins, nature and goals of progressivism.

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) is resigning his seat in January to become president of the Heritage Foundation, GOP aides confirmed to POLITICO. "This really gets my blood going again thinking about the possibilities. This is the time to elevate the conservative cause," the senator told the Wall Street Journal, which first reported the news. Republican South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley would appoint a replacement until a special election is held in 2014, the Journal reported.

For more information... http://www.politico.com

I thought the Heritage Foundation fancied themselves the preeminent right-wing thought center, not a backwater for teabagger cast-outs.

Handing the keys of the foundation over to a nutcase like Jim DeMint is highly irresponsible and is a sign that the crazies are pushing aside the Washington Establishment.

I believe we are seeing the beginning of the end for the GOP.

Watcher

Watcher

Sal wrote:

I thought the Heritage Foundation fancied themselves the preeminent right-wing thought center, not a backwater for teabagger cast-outs.

Handing the keys of the foundation over to a nutcase like Jim DeMint is highly irresponsible and is a sign that the crazies are pushing aside the Washington Establishment.

I believe we are seeing the beginning of the end for the GOP.

One can only hope.

2seaoat

Sen. Jim DeMint in my opinion is jumping ship because the new senate rules are not going to allow a few folks to control the Senate.....we appear to be moving toward the requirement if you are going to be an obstructionist....you are going to actually physically have to be there. Also, by 2014 there is a high probability that the Senate will have a 60 vote lock on filibuster avoidance so he will bail and go for the bucks, and not face the humility of being inconsequential. Folks are going for the bucks.....the political landscape is pretty clear over the next 5-10 years and Demint is no dummy......he just plays one.

I agree we're going to see the end of the repug party very soon. If Boehner and Ryan can't get the extremists out like they are trying to then they will slit their own throats come election time. I do not believe the majority of Americans are these type of repugs and they will fail and take their "messed up" dogma w/ them.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What I want to know, Seaoat, is whether you would cast a vote for another Bush, or not, and I'd also like to know how you feel about voting for Bush in 2000 (& 2004?).

Sure... let's just have one big elite progressive party... each member trying to outdo the next with govt interventions/solutions.

sigh...

2seaoat

What I want to know, Seaoat, is whether you would cast a vote for another Bush, or not, and I'd also like to know how you feel about voting for Bush in 2000 (& 2004?).

I would not have changed my vote for President Bush. I think he has been scapegoated just as I have argued that President Obama has been scapegoated. The problem is in Congress. We never would have gone to Iraq if Congress made it clear that they did not approve. The military industrial complex has too much damn influence and unfortunately owns government.

I have known Denny Hastert former speaker of the House and longest standing Republican speaker of the house for almost 25 years. He was a wrestling coach who was a good man. My first contact with him was about a former student of his almost 25 years ago when he was in the state house of Illinois. The former student was working with a Borg Warner company where I worked with him, and the Speaker solved a huge problem for his former student. He was a practical commons sense Republican who you could just talk to. As an Eagle Scout I had been to meetings with the former Speaker, and have talked to him repeatedly over the years. He is an Oscar like me, and it is funny because another friend of mine is the guy who had to dress him when he became speaker because.......well Denny was frumpy.....not too concerned how he dressed.....very much the wrestling coach goes to Washington........My point is this very good man is now working as a K street Lobbyist for Defense contractors and making millions of dollars. His sons are working in the firm, and I have personal knowledge of manufacturers who have gotten defense contractor work after submitting bids and paying hefty lobbying fees to get qualified to bid........if a good man like Denny can be dragged into the quagmire of K street lobbyist.....our country is in far more trouble than President Bush or President Obama......we need election reform and campaign finance reform. We need to limit for five years any elected official from going into private employment with any employer who has federal contracts. It is that simple. Problem solved. We must realize that with the available intelligence that President Bush had and the available intelligence of available to our current UN secretary....we are looking for scapegoats....the problem is so pervasive.....we need to work to get to the root sources.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum