Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benghazi Talking Points Watered Down By CIA, NOT White House

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

"A highly cautious, bureaucratic process that had the effect of watering down the U.S.'s own intelligence" led to the controversial "talking points" that U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice used when she spoke about the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, The Wall Street Journal reports this morning.

In a story based on interviews of "officials from a cross-section of agencies who had direct knowledge of the deliberations," the Journal adds more reporting to the picture of why Rice on Sept. 16 said on Sunday talk shows that "extremist elements" may have been involved in the attack — but did not refer to them as terrorists or say they were connected to al-Qaida.

Rice's words have led several prominent Republican senators to say they would oppose her nomination to be secretary of state if President Obama puts her name forward for that post. They question whether the Obama administration deliberately tried to downplay the role of terrorists in the attack because of the rapidly approaching presidential election.

According to the Journal:

"The officials said the first draft of the talking points had a reference to al Qaeda but it was removed by the Central Intelligence Agency, to protect sources and protect investigations, before the talking points were shared with the White House. No evidence has so far emerged that the White House interfered to tone down the public intelligence assessment, despite the attention the charge has received."

That account would seem to parallel what former CIA Director David Petraeus reportedly told members of Congress last month.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/12/04/166467881/report-benghazi-talking-points-watered-down-by-cia-not-white-house

Who wants to take the first bite?

Benghazi Talking Points Watered Down By CIA, NOT White House Crow

Who do the folks at the CIA work for? Oh that's right, free pass BHO.

Benghazi Talking Points Watered Down By CIA, NOT White House Free-Pass-101-Blog

Sal

Sal

nochain wrote:Who do the folks at the CIA work for? Oh that's right, free pass BHO.

"The officials said the first draft of the talking points had a reference to al Qaeda but it was removed by the Central Intelligence Agency, to protect sources and protect investigations, before the talking points were shared with the White House. No evidence has so far emerged that the White House interfered to tone down the public intelligence assessment, despite the attention the charge has received."

If Rice had come out in the days after the attack and publicly reported the details which the CIA redacted, and it was revealed that investigations had been compromised and sources endangered by the release of that info, what would've been your response, nobrain?

Be honest.

Benghazi Talking Points Watered Down By CIA, NOT White House Hair-fire-two

[quote="Sal"]
nochain wrote:es endangered by the release of that info, what would've been your response, nobrain?

Be honest.[/font]

Benghazi Talking Points Watered Down By CIA, NOT White House Hair-fire-two

Nobrain again huh? Coming from a severely unqualified megalomaniac like you that is too cute. Who knows? Unlike you, I you I don't consider that I have a crystal ball that can dissect nonevents. Also unlike you, I don't try to deflect by tossing the football around. Have you EVER had an original thought? Have you EVER been able to analyze anything that is clear as mud? No - of course you haven't. As a partial answer this whole thing smells of a pre-election coverup instituted by lower lever administrators propping up their BHO. The WH perpetuated the lie by falsely denying any connection long after the facts were known to them and then even further for too long while the "Intel" community pointed fingers or gave a Polish salute to the easy question - who changed the documents?

Your turn Salamander, as if you have ever had an original opinion.

Benghazi Talking Points Watered Down By CIA, NOT White House 090616-02-ugly-salamander_big

2seaoat

I simply do not understand what is being covered up.....I watched the president live in the rose garden....I watched Susan Rice live on Meet the Press. I completely understood that we had been attacked by terrorists. Am I some genius who analyzed the situation and came to the conclusion that we had suffered a terrorist attack.....nope.......I just listened to what the president said, and completely understood we had been attacked by terrorists, and that he was going to get them......you would have to slightly learning disabled, or seeking anything which could blow this minor issue into something bigger than it was.......sorry I still am befuddled when I hear this discussion of cover up, yet I was told from the President's mouth that we had been attacked by terrorists......and I have been consistent that Susan Rice misspoke, but I already had been told they were terrorists from the head honcho......WTF.......I am waiting for the small bus to pick up some folks.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:If Rice had come out in the days after the attack and publicly reported the details which the CIA redacted, and it was revealed that investigations had been compromised and sources endangered by the release of that info, what would've been your response, nobrain?

Be honest.

I will defer to nochain's own words here.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t4389-another-intelligence-leak-great

From nochain's thread titled "Another Intelligence Leak - Great"

nochain wrote:I don't understand these people who divulge secret information giving belligerents an early warning and possibly compromising intelligence resources.

boards of FL wrote:
Sal wrote:If Rice had come out in the days after the attack and publicly reported the details which the CIA redacted, and it was revealed that investigations had been compromised and sources endangered by the release of that info, what would've been your response, nobrain?

Be honest.

I will defer to nochain's own words here.

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t4389-another-intelligence-leak-great

From nochain's thread titled "Another Intelligence Leak - Great"

nochain wrote:I don't understand these people who divulge secret information giving belligerents an early warning and possibly compromising intelligence resources.

Different animal but I wouldn't expect someone as ill-informed as you obviously are to know the difference. Are you and Sal the same person? Seems like you are obsessed with trying to disprove some posters comments on here without adding anything of significance - you know - just like Sal. I suppose you are easily amused. LOL.

NaNook

NaNook

2seaoat wrote:I simply do not understand what is being covered up.....I watched the president live in the rose garden....I watched Susan Rice live on Meet the Press. I completely understood that we had been attacked by terrorists. Am I some genius who analyzed the situation and came to the conclusion that we had suffered a terrorist attack.....nope.......I just listened to what the president said, and completely understood we had been attacked by terrorists, and that he was going to get them......you would have to slightly learning disabled, or seeking anything which could blow this minor issue into something bigger than it was.......sorry I still am befuddled when I hear this discussion of cover up, yet I was told from the President's mouth that we had been attacked by terrorists......and I have been consistent that Susan Rice misspoke, but I already had been told they were terrorists from the head honcho......WTF.......I am waiting for the small bus to pick up some folks.

2seaoat,

The American Public understands we can't be told everything. We accept it, no questions asked. The American Public doesn't like being misled or lied to, why did Susan Rice do the talk-show circuit? She lied, she is a 1%er looking for history book acclaim. Talk about buying positions...BTW...she was so very wrong telling Clintion not to kill Osama....yes that was her.

boards of FL

boards of FL

nochain wrote:Different animal but I wouldn't expect someone as ill-informed as you obviously are to know the difference. Are you and Sal the same person? Seems like you are obsessed with trying to disprove some posters comments on here without adding anything of significance - you know - just like Sal. I suppose you are easily amused. LOL.

Well then can you perhaps clarify what - in your mind - constitutes a "cover up" and what constitutes an "intelligence leak"? Further, can you state what the proper way to talk to the media about these matters is, since both the use of CIA approved language and speaking freely are not acceptable to you?

Both cases involve government officials speaking to the media. When they used CIA approved language - that's a conspiracy or cover up. When they speak more freely - that is an intelligence leak. Can you give me an example of someone speaking to the media in a proper fashion that is not either an intelligence leak or some sort of conspiracy?

NaNook

NaNook

boards of FL wrote:
nochain wrote:Different animal but I wouldn't expect someone as ill-informed as you obviously are to know the difference. Are you and Sal the same person? Seems like you are obsessed with trying to disprove some posters comments on here without adding anything of significance - you know - just like Sal. I suppose you are easily amused. LOL.

Well then can you perhaps clarify what - in your mind - constitutes a "cover up" and what constitutes an "intelligence leak"? Further, can you state what the proper way to talk to the media about these matters is, since both the use of CIA approved language and speaking freely are not acceptable to you?

Both cases involve government officials speaking to the media. When they used CIA approved language - that's a conspiracy or cover up. When they speak more freely - that is an intelligence leak. Can you give me an example of someone speaking to the media in a proper fashion that is not either an intelligence leak or some sort of conspiracy?

You of all people should know where secrets go to die....It's not the government, it's you banksters ruining our lives.You are killing the POOR, do you open checking accounts for them? How do YOU help the POOR? You're rich and don't care...

It's true...try to open a bank account if you are homeless..........

2seaoat

It's true...try to open a bank account if you are homeless..........

Even harder.....try to renew a commercial line of credit secured by real estate.......

Markle

Markle

So why did it take them three months to figure out who was lying to the American public and why was the Ambassador to the U.N. sent out to tell the lies? Someone who had allowed this same thing to happen in the past?

Like the cover up for the New Black Panther voter intimidation case, Fast and Furious and now the unnecessary deaths in Benghazi.

2seaoat

So why did it take them three months to figure out who was lying to the American public

What lie?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:So why did it take them three months to figure out who was lying to the American public

What lie?

Like pulling teeth. The truth of the attack is slowly leaking out.

U.S.-Approved Arms for Libya Rebels Fell Into Jihadis’ Hands
By JAMES RISEN, MARK MAZZETTI and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT

The Obama administration secretly gave its blessing to arms shipments to Libyan rebels from Qatar, but U.S. officials grew alarmed at evidence that Qatar was turning some of the weapons over to militants.

No evidence has emerged linking the weapons provided by the Qataris during the uprising against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi to the attack that killed four Americans at the United States diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, in September.

But in the months before, the Obama administration clearly was worried about the consequences of its hidden hand in helping arm Libyan militants, concerns that have not previously been reported. The weapons and money from Qatar strengthened militant groups in Libya, allowing them to become a destabilizing force since the fall of the Qaddafi government.

Read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/world/africa/weapons-sent-to-libyan-rebels-with-us-approval-fell-into-islamist-hands.html?hp

More facts coming to the surface and why the administration was so desperate to keep the Benghazi attack under covers.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Like the cover up for the New Black Panther voter intimidation case, Fast and Furious and now the unnecessary deaths in Benghazi.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum