Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you decorate the exterior of your home for the holidays

+2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I have gotten pretty bad the last two years, and have not hung Christmas lights outside. I would like to say it was because I was saving energy......just too damn lazy.

2seaoat wrote:I have gotten pretty bad the last two years, and have not hung Christmas lights outside. I would like to say it was because I was saving energy......just too damn lazy.

NOPE!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yes....but not nearly as many as I have over the previous years.

Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola

People in Pensacola might think this is weired, but here in the Northern Illinois (Chicago Burbs) people actually start putting the outdoor lights out after Halloween. You might wonder why, its start getting very cold and most people rather put out the outdoor lights while it is still warm.

As for my family, I no longer put outdoor lights out, because if I put them out, it will be March or April before I can take them down because of snow and ice. We do decorate the house. I am getting too old to put out outdoors lights.

Sal

Sal

Wreath on the door and candles in the windows.

Quick and easy.

santa

My next doors neighbors go all out Halloween and X-mas. I mean it's an extravaganza that lights up the whole street.. Blowup santa's and reindeers,lights in 30 ft. tree's. I figure that's enough for me. I put a wreath on the door.

Dreamsglore wrote:My next doors neighbors go all out Halloween and X-mas. I mean it's an extravaganza that lights up the whole street.. Blowup santa's and reindeers,lights in 30 ft. tree's. I figure that's enough for me. I put a wreath on the door.

Isn't the plural of reindeer, reindeer and not reindeers?..................... rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

Just kidding!

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:My next doors neighbors go all out Halloween and X-mas. I mean it's an extravaganza that lights up the whole street.. Blowup santa's and reindeers,lights in 30 ft. tree's. I figure that's enough for me. I put a wreath on the door.

Isn't the plural of reindeer, reindeer and not reindeers?..................... rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

Just kidding!

It probably is.You got me there. LOL!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Just kidding!

It probably is.You got me there. LOL!

Either way.....
rein·deer (rndîr)
n. pl. reindeer or rein·deers
A large deer (Rangifer tarandus) of the Arctic and northern regions of Eurasia and North America, having branched antlers in both sexes.

2seaoat wrote:I have gotten pretty bad the last two years, and have not hung Christmas lights outside. I would like to say it was because I was saving energy......just too damn lazy.

Never. Ever, ever.

I don't at all hold it against people who do, except for the ones who suck-down about a gigawatt/day in their efforts, but aside from feeling that is a phenomenal waste of energy, I just don't do any typical "decorations." My views of the mountains, sky, trees and countryside are most all the decor I want, and so far as hanging stuff on the walls and things like that I am a bit of a minimalist. I do not like clutter.

Razz

Plus, I'm kind of a Scrooge. pirat

riceme wrote:

Never. Ever, ever.

I don't at all hold it against people who do, except for the ones who suck-down about a gigawatt/day in their efforts, but aside from feeling that is a phenomenal waste of energy, I just don't do any typical "decorations." My views of the mountains, sky, trees and countryside are most all the decor I want, and so far as hanging stuff on the walls and things like that I am a bit of a minimalist. I do not like clutter.

Razz

You got that right sister. We don't do anything special at Christmas either or any holiday for that matter. I am just not into the materialistic world that Christmas has become. People exceed their spending limits and live all year wondering how to pay for it. Now I am not saying that to encompass everyone, but a very large majority of them do. Besides, Christmas is just another 1 day out of 365(366).

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My wife takes care of that. She put some stuff up our front after thanksgiving. My neighbor across the street needs to have an extra Gulf Power meter installed for the light-show in his fron yard.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
riceme wrote:

Never. Ever, ever.

Razz

You got that right sister. We don't do anything special at Christmas either or any holiday for that matter. I am just not into the materialistic world that Christmas has become. People exceed their spending limits and live all year wondering how to pay for it. Now I am not saying that to encompass everyone, but a very large majority of them do. Besides, Christmas is just another 1 day out of 365(366).

Yup, in total agreement. Was exceedingly happy when my family decided a couple years back to do away with the big monetary gifts, especially since we have such a huge family. I used to give very practical gifts, like new cool tools, but this year will be distributing discs of my photo presentation I put together for my granny's 90th birthday celebration in Colorado and our ancestry pictures I've accumulated.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Why even ask the question?
Conservatives and Christians do and liberals, devil worshipers, and muslims don't.

We do all the regular x-mas stuff but I have a small grandchild so it's for her. I believe all children should have an x-mas. It's part of childhood but I could leave it rather than take it. It is rather dismal for the poor though and every year I see the sadness for some children. I wish that the gift giving wasn't so sensational and it was just a celebration.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:We do all the regular x-mas stuff but I have a small grandchild so it's for her. I believe all children should have an x-mas. It's part of childhood but I could leave it rather than take it. It is rather dismal for the poor though and every year I see the sadness for some children. I wish that the gift giving wasn't so sensational and it was just a celebration.

Just five hours ago you said you don't decorate. Bad medicine? Now you decorate? Maybe tomorrow you'll take the decorations down? You ain't right in the head lady. No wonder you had soooooooooooooooo many jobs and kept none for any length of time.

salinski wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:We do all the regular x-mas stuff but I have a small grandchild so it's for her. I believe all children should have an x-mas. It's part of childhood but I could leave it rather than take it. It is rather dismal for the poor though and every year I see the sadness for some children. I wish that the gift giving wasn't so sensational and it was just a celebration.

Just five hours ago you said you don't decorate. Bad medicine? Now you decorate? Maybe tomorrow you'll take the decorations down? You ain't right in the head lady. No wonder you had soooooooooooooooo many jobs and kept none for any length of time.

I don't decorate ,Asswipe. I said I do regular x-mas stuff like celebrate and have dinners and do gifts. I don't know where you got so many jobs I had and didn't keep them. You're pretty good at making up stuff,though trying to agitate people but it's not working. I ignore you most of the time because you're worth responding to. I made an exception this time.

We have a half-sized nativity scene in the yard, wreath on the front door, bells and ribbon on the mailbox, LED light strings on the garage doors and front porch, and garlands with bows on the porch railing.

Inside, we have a fake tree, a ceramic nativity set on the mantle, garlands on the staircase railing, and more...

2seaoat

We are pretty good on the interior, and the house has that warm holiday feel, but I just do not have the confidence to get on a ladder anymore.....I have been to two funerals in the last decade with just a fall from a step ladder....one hit his head on the front porch from two steps up fixing a storm door, and the other changing a light bulb inside on a stairway......the last thing his wife said to him was " Ray....you better not be on that damn ladder"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum