Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ladies helping cook Thanksgiving dinner

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

[img]Ladies helping cook Thanksgiving dinner 2v2jq4i[/img]

Nekochan

Nekochan

Are those your grandchildren? So cute!

Sal

Sal

Mmmmmm-mmmmmm!

Nothing beats a plastic waffle for Thanksgiving dinner!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:Mmmmmm-mmmmmm!

Nothing beats a plastic waffle for Thanksgiving dinner!

Served with a smile...

Here is a amazing photo. This is my daughter 34 years ago and my 2year old granddaughter. They look so much alike it is uncanny We put the 2 photos together to make this one. Note the home build stove/sink I made for my daughter.

[img]Ladies helping cook Thanksgiving dinner 2nt8kxx[/img]

Sal

Sal

Wow.

They could be twins.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Amazing picture Hallmark.

Holy smokes... SO CUTE! I'll take the dark haired one, please!! (They really do look like twins... weird!)

Last edited by riceme on 11/23/2012, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to say what I really meant to say. DUH!)

The interesting part is that is my Sons daughter.

Those are some adorable girls! I'd eat all their cooking.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ladies helping cook Thanksgiving dinner Trevor11

Two of my look-a-like grandchildren...they are cousins 1 year apart.

hallmarkgrad wrote:The interesting part is that is my Sons daughter.

LOL. I just edited my post to say what I really meant to say, which was that "they really do look LIKE TWINS." dur! Suspect

I must have a turkey-supper hangover. YUM!

Joanimaroni wrote:Ladies helping cook Thanksgiving dinner Trevor11

SO cute, Joani! But I still want to steal Hallmark's dark-haired beauty grandchild.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

[quote="hallmarkgrad"]Here is a amazing photo. This is my daughter 34 years ago and my 2year old granddaughter. They look so much alike it is uncanny We put the 2 photos together to make this one. Note the home build stove/sink I made for my daughter.

Wow, they do look alike! Gorgeous, both of them! Love the tiny kitchen, too.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Two of my look-a-like grandchildren...they are cousins 1 year apart.[/quote]

Two cute little blondies! And it looks like they're skipping together. Very Happy

Joanimaroni wrote:Ladies helping cook Thanksgiving dinner Trevor11

Precious!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thanks to all of you...I'm such a proud grandmother.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Beautiful children.

2seaoat

Ladies helping cook Thanksgiving dinner Coco11

Now you see why I remain happy.......three total, and a new one this summer....I am a very happy grandparent.....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Ladies helping cook Thanksgiving dinner Coco11

Now you see why I remain happy.......three total, and a new one this summer....I am a very happy grandparent.....

Beautiful child....modeling is quite possible..

2seaoat

Beautiful child....modeling is quite possible..

My daughter has been approached 100 times in the presence of the child telling her how beautiful her daughter is and that they know someone who did catalogs, tv commercials, and other modeling opportunities.....I am very proud of my daughter....she politely says that her daughter will never model until she is old enough to make her own decisions. My wife is getting quite concerned because people just do not think out what they are saying....and coming up to someone and telling them how beautiful they are is not going to lead to good things. We have seen too many folks who prize beauty which is superficial and temporary......we hope the beautiful and innocent inner child shall not be tempted by beauty worship and the societal pressure for some preconceived idea of beauty......when this child sits in my chair as we scan utubes and quietly says.....I love you papa......her beauty is far deeper than the superficial, and it is that beauty we all seek to protect. I am a proud grandpa....but I want her mind to be beautiful.....the rest will all fall into place.

2seaoat wrote:Beautiful child....modeling is quite possible..

My daughter has been approached 100 times in the presence of the child telling her how beautiful her daughter is and that they know someone who did catalogs, tv commercials, and other modeling opportunities.....I am very proud of my daughter....she politely says that her daughter will never model until she is old enough to make her own decisions. My wife is getting quite concerned because people just do not think out what they are saying....and coming up to someone and telling them how beautiful they are is not going to lead to good things. We have seen too many folks who prize beauty which is superficial and temporary......we hope the beautiful and innocent inner child shall not be tempted by beauty worship and the societal pressure for some preconceived idea of beauty......when this child sits in my chair as we scan utubes and quietly says.....I love you papa......her beauty is far deeper than the superficial, and it is that beauty we all seek to protect. I am a proud grandpa....but I want her mind to be beautiful.....the rest will all fall into place.

Wise words, SO. My dad and his first wife divorced because she was adamant that they move to Hollywood (where I can simply not see my dad at all) so that my oldest brother and sister could model and be in "show business." He flatly refused, citing pretty much everything you have said above. He was trying to wait until both kids were 18 to get quit of her (she was an awful woman, aside from the above mentioned flaw) so that if she got custody she couldn't take them down there, but she divorced him when my brother was 18 and my sister was 16. Fortunately, my sister was not rail-thin and therefore was not "Hollywood material," much to his ex-wife's dismay, but good for her. Unfortunately, my sister developed very poor self-esteem because her mother called her fat and other ugly names. She wasn't fat at all, she was just not rail-thin.

My parents always told us kids (and still do) that we were smart, capable young people who could do anything we wanted to in life if we were willing to do the work to make it happen. If we were dressed up for some occasion, we were told that we looked beautiful, or in my brother's case, handsome or sharp. I think they did right by us in that way, and if I had kids of my own, I would follow suit.

2seaoat

My experience with folks who want to put children into modeling is similar to my years running youth sports leagues.......usually all the wrong reasons, but a few times it was a good fit. In the worst examples it is simply pure evil and total imbalance......all at the expense of a child. When I see a beautiful women my experience has told me that it is not always this road paved in happiness. My wife was a very attractive women who for whatever reason had her mother mess with her head......and was always too self conscious of how she looked......she has a photo at five which is a spitting image of my granddaughter.....my wife's hair darkened when she was 6, and she never really understood how pretty she was.......this self image thing befuddles most men because quite simply.....we rarely care about our appearance or have concerns about the same reinforced by parents. No, I am very proud of the approach my daughter has taken.....and personally I would rather see my granddaughter on a volleyball, basketball, or track than a runway becoming a beauty queen.....but for now she is this beautiful thing that tattles to her mother that Papa is using pottie words again......I may not be able to share a lot of time.....but I will be damned if I will not make an impression with the time I have left.

2seaoat wrote:My experience with folks who want to put children into modeling is similar to my years running youth sports leagues.......usually all the wrong reasons, but a few times it was a good fit. In the worst examples it is simply pure evil and total imbalance......all at the expense of a child. When I see a beautiful women my experience has told me that it is not always this road paved in happiness. My wife was a very attractive women who for whatever reason had her mother mess with her head......and was always too self conscious of how she looked......she has a photo at five which is a spitting image of my granddaughter.....my wife's hair darkened when she was 6, and she never really understood how pretty she was.......this self image thing befuddles most men because quite simply.....we rarely care about our appearance or have concerns about the same reinforced by parents. No, I am very proud of the approach my daughter has taken.....and personally I would rather see my granddaughter on a volleyball, basketball, or track than a runway becoming a beauty queen.....but for now she is this beautiful thing that tattles to her mother that Papa is using pottie words again......I may not be able to share a lot of time.....but I will be damned if I will not make an impression with the time I have left.

My experience with girls and women who have had the experience of the focus being on their physical beauty is that nearly 100% of the time, they have very serious body image issues... they think they're fat if they get over a size 6, they starve themselves, they over-exercise, they get idiotic plastic surgery, botox (and/or all that other malarkey), scorch their skin in the sun or in tanning beds, they obsess about their looks, think they're "ugly", spend obscene amounts of money getting their hair dyed and cut, wear WAY too much makeup... on and on and on. It really is sad, and a lot of it is influenced by the media.

You wanna see something horrifying, watch that show about the dance teacher and moms sometime. I clicked on it online one time because I thought it might be a neat show... you know, about teaching young girls to dance. BOY WAS I WRONG. Mother Trucker! There were little 7 - 8 year old girls dressed in dance outfits what looked suitable for street hookers. Not to even mention the behavior of the adults on the show. This precisely demonstrates why I refuse to get cable. I now read the descriptions of the shows more carefully before I click on them.

2seaoat

It took me years to convince my wife that make up is not what I like.....the less she put on the more complimentary I became.....and getting a compliment out of me on looks was like pulling a tooth, but I simply never understood someone who has beautiful skin, hair and lips has to put crap all over their face.....When my daughter got married they all had their hair done and all this damn make up.......I said the right thing about how pretty everybody looked.....but I like my wife natural......she is beautiful in my mind without a bit of make up......I see make up and I think of Bozo the clown.....but then I am probably not in the majority......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum