Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alan Grayson reelected

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alan Grayson reelected Empty Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 11:28 am

2seaoat

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/alan-grayson-election-results_n_2085084.html

it appears that middle of the road is a place which is getting smaller and smaller.......

2Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 11:52 am

Gawd

3Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 1:48 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Hey, don't know why this clip gets posted. It is old history from 8 months after he was re-elected last time? I was also looking at the news scrolling at the bottom of the CNN screen and that's another way of telling how old it is.

I'd say he isn't afraid to make observations on reality such as how many people per month were dying due to lack of having health insurance. This 4,000 plus number is something that needs to be discussed. Of course this was before the AHC bill passed.

4Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 2:00 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

othershoe1030 wrote:Hey, don't know why this clip gets posted. It is old history from 8 months after he was re-elected last time? I was also looking at the news scrolling at the bottom of the CNN screen and that's another way of telling how old it is.

I'd say he isn't afraid to make observations on reality such as how many people per month were dying due to lack of having health insurance. This 4,000 plus number is something that needs to be discussed. Of course this was before the AHC bill passed.

He lost in 2010, but he's never stopped trying to be re-elected. He's a real firebrand, and we need more like him in Congress.

If you want moderates in Congress, Seaoat, stop supporting right-wing extremism, like the idiot Gingrich.

5Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 2:13 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Right, he just won re-election (2012). So it is upsetting to some to hear a comment like the die quickly remark because it is stated in a shocking way? At least the numbers he was talking about were real.

I'm sick of hearing stupid opinions about "legitimate rape" put out there as if they are facts. The Republicans live in their own echo chamber of information and it is catching up with them.

6Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 2:57 pm

2seaoat

I supported Newt for the singular purpose of addressing our budget with realistic methodologies which would have included revenue in the final compromise. His contract with America was not radical, and it was simply a precursor to a decade of prosperity until a so called Republican chose to fight two wars off budget and give tax cuts. Newt talks crazy, but his legislative abilities and his results speak clearly that his Congressional experience is sadly needed. I am not a right wing nut, but I believe that he was the best candidate to return this country to fiscal sanity which did not involve crippling austerity, or hiring more teachers as solutions.

7Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 3:24 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I supported Newt for the singular purpose of addressing our budget with realistic methodologies which would have included revenue in the final compromise. His contract with America was not radical, and it was simply a precursor to a decade of prosperity until a so called Republican chose to fight two wars off budget and give tax cuts. Newt talks crazy, but his legislative abilities and his results speak clearly that his Congressional experience is sadly needed. I am not a right wing nut, but I believe that he was the best candidate to return this country to fiscal sanity which did not involve crippling austerity, or hiring more teachers as solutions.

R i i g h t....Seaoat. That's why they drummed him out of Congress in the 80's. THE MAN HAS NO INTEGRITY. Did Machiavelli advocate shape-shifting?

-------------------------

http://www.democracynow.org/1997/1/22/newt_gingrich_fined_and_reprimanded

"Yesterday, for the first time in Congressional history, the Speaker of the House of Representatives was fined $300,000 and formally reprimanded for violating House rules. Lawmakers voted overwhelmingly — 395 to 28 — to accept the House Ethics Committee’s recommendations that Newt Gingrich be punished for using tax-exempt organization to advance the political agenda of the Republican Party. He was also reprimanded to making inaccurate and false statements to the Ethics Committee."

-----------------------

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/23/how-newt-gingrich-crashed-and-burned-when-he-was-house-speaker.html

"...leadership by chaos..."

8Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 5:15 pm

The guy is a nut case... and a nasty one at that. Tell me you would trust him on your jury or w direct power over you.

He is not fair minded... he's an ideological zealot. y'all can see that in bachmann or gingrich... but not him? lol... Cmon.

9Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 8:40 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

Grayson always busted the balls of anyone from the Fed or Treasury. I liked that about him.

10Alan Grayson reelected Empty Re: Alan Grayson reelected 11/13/2012, 8:56 pm

2seaoat

I like smart....and Grayson was always smart, but it appears that we are getting further and further apart, with no middle ground. We will see, but you are right that we need intelligent people in congress who are going to roll up their shirt sleeves and start addressing a fixed system.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum