Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The loss of senate seats are more important than the presidency

+4
NaNook
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

Sorry, as I posted in August and September Mitten the Kitten was going to cause long term damage to the Republican Party. If Newt had won, I guarantee you that the Senate slaughter would not have happened. This was a huge loss of strategic advantage as more Democratic seats were at risk, and the 2014 election cycle will have Republicans at risk. The senate 6 year election cycle is slowing process on political change.....and the opportunity for real gains in 2014 and possibly having the house and senate going into the 2016 election cycle has been lost by such a terrible choice as romney for president. I fully expect that just like Bernie, Jeff Skilling and Ken Lay.....the feds are eventually going to indict the man for tax evasion.....but the senate.....he tossed that in the trash can for a decade and it will take at least that amount of time to get it back.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Face it, Seaoat. Newt would have been just as bad. The platform is bad. The GOP is no longer the party of fiscal responsibility...hasn't been since Reagan.

Reagan is where the fiscal insanity hit overdrive. If you want to be an expert on things republican... try to get it right.

2seaoat

No argument.....my hero in so many ways failed on keeping the budget under control.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:Reagan is where the fiscal insanity hit overdrive. If you want to be an expert on things republican... try to get it right.

Reagan showed us how to have a growing military with low taxes--through increased deficit spending. I believe Romney would have followed in Regan's footsteps and done the same thing. Therefore his talk about reducing the deficit if he were elected was empty rhetoric.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

NaNook

NaNook

When will our government have a budget passed and signed?

Can house-holds simply refi debt by assuming more debt?

We'll soon find out.....

The repugs are doing an about face now. They will be more accommodating than they have in the past. They have been slapped down too far now. Just watch and see.

Sal

Sal

Dreamsglore wrote:The repugs are doing an about face now. They will be more accommodating than they have in the past. They have been slapped down too far now. Just watch and see.

If they have any survival instincts at all, you will be proved correct.

We shall see.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:The repugs are doing an about face now. They will be more accommodating than they have in the past. They have been slapped down too far now. Just watch and see.

We shall see.

Thats what obama said about the sandy victims. 12 days later, over 400,000 without heat or power. Thanks obama.

How's your butt feel Ghandi? I see you have a new friend.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

salinski wrote:

Thats what obama said about the sandy victims. 12 days later, over 400,000 without heat or power. Thanks obama.
Well, same as Bush, it's fair to hold Obama responsible for the lack of FEMA response. But I don't know how presidents are supposed to be responsible for how the electric utilities perform in something like this. Not unless you're now in agreement with Michael Moore who says the government should own and operate the utilities. And I hope you're not in favor of that.

It's just a matter of time... but control is effective ownership anyway.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:It's just a matter of time... but control is effective ownership anyway.
So you think it's just a matter of time before Obama and the governemnt own and operate everything just like in the USSR? You think sooner the later the Congress is going to do that do you? lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Pkr,

Do you also agree with Carl Gallups that at the same time they're gonna make us go commie that they're gonna make us go muslim with sharia law too? So we'll end up being a communist muslim state? lol

knothead

knothead

salinski wrote:
Ghandi_is_my_bitch wrote:

We shall see.

Truth be told, many left without power was predictable and the illusion that FEMA's response is so effective that they can assure everyone's life is restored quickly in the wake of such a catastrophe is not credible. As a battle hardened Gulf coast resident and having endured the aftermath of many much worse hurricanes it was clear to me from the onset that there would be many whose lives would be turned upside down for many months, some years. Of course, politicians want to do the photo op and give assurance that help is on the way but the truth would have been a message the population did not want to hear . . . . FEMA unarguably functions much better now than ever before but they cannot perform miracles when you consider the scope of this disaster affecting millions in a number of states. This is not criticism of FEMA but my own reflections of the reality of catastrophe(s).

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Both katrina and sandy had unprecedented after effects making the response to both of them more difficult than what is typical. It's harder to plan for and react to things that haven't really been experienced to that degree and in those locations before. In cases like that it's not as simple as bush or obama snapping their fingers and making everything right.
But even still it looks to me like the regular media wants to hold a republican president more accountable than a democrat one.

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It's just a matter of time... but control is effective ownership anyway.
So you think it's just a matter of time before Obama and the governemnt own and operate everything just like in the USSR? You think sooner the later the Congress is going to do that do you? lol

If we can surmise that things are not static... which direction do you see us going?

Your second post is just stupid... save that shit for the reactionaries. If I had to guess it would be a very utilitarian existence.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Reagan is where the fiscal insanity hit overdrive. If you want to be an expert on things republican... try to get it right.

I should have qualified my response..."...since Reagan took office...", which was not long after I moved to Pensacola and registered as a REPUBLICAN, because I was told I wouldn't be able to vote for local representation unless I registered R, which was, unfortunately, true.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bill Kristol just called for compromise on the BUSH tax cuts.

Upon signing a continuation of the bush tax cuts... they became the obama tax cuts.

It's nearly comical the lengths y'all will go to avoid assigning any negative connotation to obama... it's not against the law.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:

If we can surmise that things are not static... which direction do you see us going?

I see no evidence of any kind whatsoever that Obama or other democrats want the government to take over ownership of the electric utilities. And even if Obama was goofy enough to want to do anything such as that it doesn't matter because there aint no way he could ever make it happen.

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:

I see no evidence of any kind whatsoever that Obama or other democrats want the government to take over ownership of the electric utilities. And even if Obama was goofy enough to want to do anything such as that it doesn't matter because there aint no way he could ever make it happen.

Google "progressive nationalize energy"... note all of the articles in the kos and huffpo and media matters... etc.

I'm not beating the drum.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

Google "progressive nationalize energy"... note all of the articles in the kos and huffpo and media matters... etc.

I'm not beating the drum.
I could find you an equal number of right-wing "huffpos" and "kos'es" which are advocating that we privatize most everything the government does.
I can even find you about a hundred million web pages that say Dick Cheney blew up the world trade center and a few hundred web pages that said we never went to the moon and even a few web pages that still say the earth is flat.
That means nothing. There is no desire on the part of Congress to take over the electric utilities. None.

The ONLY reason the government bought into the car companies is because of the fear that the car companies were going to go under without that.
The electric utilities are a thriving industry.
There is a HUGE difference.

The difference is that the sites I noted are considered mainstream by the left and are constantly used as links and sources right here... much more so on larger boards... you know that is true. Progressivism beats the drum and the useful idiots dance till their feet bleed. Kooks are kooks.

Ignore the EPA... they aren't heading in any direction either. I don't give a damn what you believe or observe.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote: I don't give a damn what you believe or observe.
Forget me, what you need to do is stop giving a damn about what the dailykos says and start observing actual reality. And the reality is that a lot more people are experiencing what it's like to live with a state owned utility like this one...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-11/long-islanders-join-lawmakers-blasting-lipa-as-blackouts-persist

... than the number of people who ever heard of the daily kos. I think you and markle read the daily kos more than anybody.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum