Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why romney Lost

+5
Sal
Margin Call
stormwatch89
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why romney Lost Empty Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 3:24 pm

http://news.msn.com/politics/why-mitt-romney-lost?ocid=ansnews11
"But even a clumsy candidate might have beaten Obama if not for a simple factor that could not be overcome: the GOP’s growing extremism"

2Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 5:45 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The crazy-wing has kept me mostly voting against my party during the last 20 years. I'm still Republican--RINO, but proud. I would love to be able to vote for a true fiscally-conservative, moderate, Republican candidate in the future. One who is not ready to attack the world militarily at the drop of a hat. Perhaps one day....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 6:12 pm

2seaoat

I simply had to look at the respective campaign parties on Tuesday night. Just looking at the cross section of the respective audiences a reasonable person can see on party was more representative of America today, and the other looked like a party held in 1961.......it is just a matter of time and hopefully the republican party can get back to their core values in regard to fiscal conservative values and balanced budgets, and dump the extreme moral intrusions which have Goldwater and Reagan turning in their graves.....the party will come back, but I had this strange feeling after watching Karl Rove on Tuesday night that he really believed that voter suppression and his dark money would win in Ohio.....I heard on the radio that almost every candidate which he poured money into the race.....lost. It was a spectacle I have rarely observed on TV, and some suggest that the refusal to accept the Ohio results was a smoking gun that things were dirty in Ohio.......but evidently not dirty enough.

4Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 7:54 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:I simply had to look at the respective campaign parties on Tuesday night. Just looking at the cross section of the respective audiences a reasonable person can see on party was more representative of America today, and the other looked like a party held in 1961.......it is just a matter of time and hopefully the republican party can get back to their core values in regard to fiscal conservative values and balanced budgets, and dump the extreme moral intrusions which have Goldwater and Reagan turning in their graves.....the party will come back, but I had this strange feeling after watching Karl Rove on Tuesday night that he really believed that voter suppression and his dark money would win in Ohio.....I heard on the radio that almost every candidate which he poured money into the race.....lost. It was a spectacle I have rarely observed on TV, and some suggest that the refusal to accept the Ohio results was a smoking gun that things were dirty in Ohio.......but evidently not dirty enough.

For the first time in a long time, I have to agree with you.

We desperately need to get back to the core values of fiscal solvency and leave the other "junk" behind.

The fear I have is that you are also correct in:

Just looking at the cross section of the respective audiences a reasonable person can see on party was more representative of America today

What is representative of America today? Is it people who understand where we came from, the hardship and battles we endured or is it simply anchor babies and people looking for our "entitlements"?

Those do not give a damn about our history and where the country is headed and I think we know pretty well the direction we're taking.

5Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 8:55 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The crazy-wing has kept me mostly voting against my party during the last 20 years. I'm still Republican--RINO, but proud. I would love to be able to vote for a true fiscally-conservative, moderate, Republican candidate in the future. One who is not ready to attack the world militarily at the drop of a hat. Perhaps one day....

I hate to say this Z but there will never be another fiscally-conservative, moderate, Republican candidate to win the white house. Once the balance shifts and more people are on the government dole they will vote to keep it that way. We are pretty much at that point.

6Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 9:00 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

alecto wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The crazy-wing has kept me mostly voting against my party during the last 20 years. I'm still Republican--RINO, but proud. I would love to be able to vote for a true fiscally-conservative, moderate, Republican candidate in the future. One who is not ready to attack the world militarily at the drop of a hat. Perhaps one day....

I hate to say this Z but there will never be another fiscally-conservative, moderate, Republican candidate to win the white house. Once the balance shifts and more people are on the government dole they will vote to keep it that way. We are pretty much at that point.

Spot on, Alecto.

Very sad and very, very true. This was our last hope, I fear.

7Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 9:19 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

alecto wrote: Once the balance shifts and more people are on the government dole they will vote to keep it that way. We are pretty much at that point.

Yet, highly educated (and employed) people voted for Obama. Your narrative is lacking...it is the same as Mitt Romney's (the guy that lost).

8Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 9:29 pm

Margin Call wrote:
alecto wrote: Once the balance shifts and more people are on the government dole they will vote to keep it that way. We are pretty much at that point.

Yet, highly educated (and employed) people voted for Obama. Your narrative is lacking...it is the same as Mitt Romney's (the guy that lost).

I realize highly educated people voted for Obama and highly educated people will continue to vote democrat, I never said that they did not. But if you think people who depend on government assistance will vote for someone who wants to reduce or eliminate that assistance then you aren't as smart as you appear to be.

Here is a copy and paste (names X'ed out, from facebook) from a relative of mine that explains the mind set. I wish this was a joke or a fabrication but sadley it is not. BTW she has lived off of welfare her entire life, she is a second generation welfare recipient who has no desire to work and never has.

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX People think its cute and funny writting all this bad stuff about Obama.But really it's not.
Monday at 10:26pm · Like

Pa XXXXXXX I'm tired of all the CRAP too, been tired of it for weeks now
Monday at 10:40pm · Like · 1

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I know its just so stupid how some people act.
Monday at 10:41pm · Like

Pa XXXXXXX there is no need for the slamming and garbage its really disgusting
Monday at 10:44pm · Like · 1

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX No its not at all.
Monday at 10:45pm · Like

Br XXXXXXX Misty. You do not know the facts.
Tuesday at 12:26pm via mobile · Like · 1

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Yes I do If I want my check and medicad I have to vote for who is best.
Tuesday at 12:28pm · Like

Br XXXXXXX You will still get it. The people who really need it will not get it taken away its the people who do not really need it.
Tuesday at 12:29pm via mobile · Like

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I can't stand Romney or any republican that is my beleifs.I have always liked democracts.
Tuesday at 12:31pm · Like

Bri XXXXXXX Ok misty but If Obama wins and ruins our country i'm gonna say I told you so Smile
Tuesday at 12:34pm via mobile · Like · 1

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Obama helps the poor not the rich.I'm by far rich.
Tuesday at 12:35pm · Like

Br XXXXXXX Um no he doesnt that is not true.
Tuesday at 12:35pm via mobile · Like

9Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 10:20 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

alecto wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

I realize highly educated people voted for Obama and highly educated people will continue to vote democrat, I never said that they did not. But if you think people who depend on government assistance will vote for someone who wants to reduce or eliminate that assistance then you aren't as smart as you appear to be.

Here is a copy and paste (names X'ed out, from facebook) from a relative of mine that explains the mind set. I wish this was a joke or a fabrication but sadley it is not. BTW she has lived off of welfare her entire life, she is a second generation welfare recipient who has no desire to work and never has.

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX People think its cute and funny writting all this bad stuff about Obama.But really it's not.
Monday at 10:26pm · Like

Pa XXXXXXX I'm tired of all the CRAP too, been tired of it for weeks now
Monday at 10:40pm · Like · 1

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I know its just so stupid how some people act.
Monday at 10:41pm · Like

Pa XXXXXXX there is no need for the slamming and garbage its really disgusting
Monday at 10:44pm · Like · 1

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX No its not at all.
Monday at 10:45pm · Like

Br XXXXXXX Misty. You do not know the facts.
Tuesday at 12:26pm via mobile · Like · 1

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Yes I do If I want my check and medicad I have to vote for who is best.
Tuesday at 12:28pm · Like

Br XXXXXXX You will still get it. The people who really need it will not get it taken away its the people who do not really need it.
Tuesday at 12:29pm via mobile · Like

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I can't stand Romney or any republican that is my beleifs.I have always liked democracts.
Tuesday at 12:31pm · Like

Bri XXXXXXX Ok misty but If Obama wins and ruins our country i'm gonna say I told you so Smile
Tuesday at 12:34pm via mobile · Like · 1

Mi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Obama helps the poor not the rich.I'm by far rich.
Tuesday at 12:35pm · Like

Br XXXXXXX Um no he doesnt that is not true.
Tuesday at 12:35pm via mobile · Like

Anecdotes don't matter.

Elections are won on the margin...and, in addition to a weak ground game, Republicans do not currently appeal to those voters.

10Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 10:55 pm

Margin Call wrote:
Anecdotes don't matter.

Elections are won on the margin...and, in addition to a weak ground game, Republicans do not currently appeal to those voters.

Republicans do not appeal to those voters and they never will appeal to those voters no matter what ground game they have. That group of voters continues to grow along with other groups of voters that have been alienated by Republicans. Your right, won on the margin and that margin is expanding.

11Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 11:25 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

alecto wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Anecdotes don't matter.

Republicans do not appeal to those voters and they never will appeal to those voters no matter what ground game they have. That group of voters continues to grow along with other groups of voters that have been alienated by Republicans. Your right, won on the margin and that margin is expanding.

Eggsactlhy. The more on dole's the bigger that base becomes.

I honestly believe we will never again see a Republican in office as this was a turning point between payers and takers.

Takers take all.

12Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 11:41 pm

The truth of the matter it is a very tiny percentage of Obama's base are welfare recipients contrary to popular belief.Of these , in my experience and I'm sure others, this population does not vote very often. Life is simply too hard and they are not into politics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-altman/obama-welfare_b_1835061.html

13Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/8/2012, 11:47 pm

Sal

Sal

stormwatch89 wrote:

Eggsactlhy. The more on dole's the bigger that base becomes.

I honestly believe we will never again see a Republican in office as this was a turning point between payers and takers.

Takers take all.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Laughing

14Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 1:59 am

Markle

Markle

Margin Call wrote:

Had it not been for voters whose households earned less than $50,000 President Barack Hussein Obama would have lost in 2008 and now in 2012.

Yes, some very highly educated (and employed) people voted for President Barack Hussein Obama, they were evenly split with former Governor Mitt Romney. We've reached the "tipping point". More people are getting handouts from the government, for whatever reason, than are paying income taxes. From now on, they'll vote for more to be given to them then for fiscal responsibility. They don't care about their kids.

15Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 2:05 am

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:The truth of the matter it is a very tiny percentage of Obama's base are welfare recipients contrary to popular belief.Of these , in my experience and I'm sure others, this population does not vote very often. Life is simply too hard and they are not into politics.

Obama Supporter Praises Obama for Free Gas & Housing
http://tinyurl.com/66gyjj

The Obama Stash of Stimulus Cash -- Dolla Dolla Bills, Y'all!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q

Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpAOwJvTOio

16Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 10:25 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

Markle wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Had it not been for voters whose households earned less than $50,000 President Barack Hussein Obama would have lost in 2008 and now in 2012.

Yes, some very highly educated (and employed) people voted for President Barack Hussein Obama, they were evenly split with former Governor Mitt Romney. We've reached the "tipping point". More people are getting handouts from the government, for whatever reason, than are paying income taxes. From now on, they'll vote for more to be given to them then for fiscal responsibility. They don't care about their kids.

Romney lost the ideological battle for the moderates, women and minorities: The real tipping point.

You cannot win these votes with crass misrepresentations; a likable candidate espousing compassionate conservatism works (enter Marco Rubio). There is room for Republicans to shift their message without abandoning core values and win elections.

17Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 11:51 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

alecto wrote:

We are "at that point" because of the fiscal irresponsibility of the REPUBLICANS, specifically George W. Bush. And it's not so-called entitlements, or SS (which is a different horse). It's profit-taking at the expense of society in general; it's war profiteering; it's tax laws that favor the rich disproportionately; it's government subsidies and tax amnesty to corporations who no longer even pretend to have allegiance to the US.

18Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 11:55 am

Margin Call wrote:
Markle wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Romney lost the ideological battle for the moderates, women and minorities: The real tipping point.

You cannot win these votes with crass misrepresentations; a likable candidate espousing compassionate conservatism works (enter Marco Rubio). There is room for Republicans to shift their message without abandoning core values and win elections.

Very good post

19Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 11:58 am

Floridatexan wrote:
We are "at that point" because of the fiscal irresponsibility of the REPUBLICANS, specifically George W. Bush. And it's not so-called entitlements, or SS (which is a different horse). It's profit-taking at the expense of society in general; it's war profiteering; it's tax laws that favor the rich disproportionately; it's government subsidies and tax amnesty to corporations who no longer even pretend to have allegiance to the US.

I realize you hate GWB passionately but you have to be smart enough to understand that both parties for decades have had a hand in creating our current fiscal problems.

Last edited by alecto on 11/9/2012, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didn't want to offend with a spelling error)

20Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 12:03 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Dreamsglore wrote:The truth of the matter it is a very tiny percentage of Obama's base are welfare recipients contrary to popular belief.Of these , in my experience and I'm sure others, this population does not vote very often. Life is simply too hard and they are not into politics.

This is one of the Republicans all time favorite myths. It focuses on the poor while deflecting notice away from the top dogs who continue to benefit from a tax code written to benefit the already wealthy.

The government should "work" for the vast majority of its citizens, not just for those who can afford lobbyists.

21Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 12:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
alecto wrote:

affraid OMG there she goes again.

22Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 12:09 pm

Markle wrote:

Obama Supporter Praises Obama for Free Gas & Housing
http://tinyurl.com/66gyjj

The Obama Stash of Stimulus Cash -- Dolla Dolla Bills, Y'all!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q

Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpAOwJvTOio

Just because you post false info. links doesn't prove anything. There was never any Obama phones. Check it out yourself. We already discussed that. There was never any gas given and housing is a it always was through HUD.You should verify your info. before you post.

23Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 12:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

alecto wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I realize you hate GWB passionately but you have to be smart enough to understand that both parties for decades have had a hand in creating our current fiscal problems.

Thank God you corrected your spelling error....the meaning of your post would have been drastically compromised.

24Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 12:12 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:

This is one of the Republicans all time favorite myths. It focuses on the poor while deflecting notice away from the top dogs who continue to benefit from a tax code written to benefit the already wealthy.

The government should "work" for the vast majority of its citizens, not just for those who can afford lobbyists.

Work for or provide and "fix" all problems? Let's not consider personal responsibility and accountability.

Maybe the republicans should have had more give-aways.

25Why romney Lost Empty Re: Why romney Lost 11/9/2012, 12:40 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:

Work for or provide and "fix" all problems? Let's not consider personal responsibility and accountability.

Maybe the republicans should have had more give-aways.

See, that's the problem with the Republican vision for America.

The vast majority of what you call "give-aways" go to the elderly, disabled, and working poor.

The working poor are busting their asses.

They are not irresponsible nor unaccountable.

They would gladly and gratefully take better paying jobs to provide for their families in exchange for whatever pittance of government subsidy they receive, if such jobs were available.

But those jobs don't exist largely thanks to Republican economic policies.

The Republican vision for America is to bust unions, reward corporations for shipping jobs overseas with huge tax breaks, and blame the poor for being poor.

It's mind-boggling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum