Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: The Pensacola Discussion Forum endorses Barack Obama for president of the United States of America.

+3
othershoe1030
Nekochan
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Nekochan

Nekochan

Have you all voted....for real?
I went to vote at lunchtime. There was no long line here in Southeast Huntsville. And they checked my picture ID--TWICE! Once when I first arrived and they found my name on the list and then in another line when I received the ballot to vote.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:Have you all voted....for real?I went to vote at lunchtime. There was no long line here in Southeast Huntsville. And they checked my picture ID--TWICE! Once when I first arrived and they found my name on the list and then in another line when I received the ballot to vote.

I voted by absentee ballot two weeks ago...... My wife also voted by mail, about a week ago. We live a few blocks from our precinct (St. Anne's Catholic Church), but chose to vote this way. My daughter voted at the precinct on her way to work this morning.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am really surprised at this poll... There must have been some fake Libertarians posting on this forum this election season. Only one vote for Johnson on this poll. Mine.

Some folks have been talking the Gary Johnson (i.e., Ron Paul clone) talk, but I am not sure they walked the walk. How I voted on this poll was how I voted on my ballot when I mailed it in two weeks ago.

Gary Johnson is NOT a Ron Paul clone. Not even CLOSE. The Libertarian Party projected that 40% of registered Libertarians would vote for Ron Paul, 5% would vote for Johnson, while 55% would abstain from voting in protest.

Get that?? 55% of registered Libertarians would rather not vote at all than cast a vote for Johnson. GARY JOHNSON IS NO RON PAUL. My vote was for Ron Paul, a REAL libertarian.

Nekochan

Nekochan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Have you all voted....for real?I went to vote at lunchtime. There was no long line here in Southeast Huntsville. And they checked my picture ID--TWICE! Once when I first arrived and they found my name on the list and then in another line when I received the ballot to vote.

I voted by absentee ballot two weeks ago...... My wife also voted by mail, about a week ago. We live a few blocks from our precinct (St. Anne's Catholic Church), but chose to vote this way. My daughter voted at the precinct on her way to work this morning.

You live very near where I grew up.

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://conservativevideos.com/2012/11/grandpa-voted-democrat-by-ray-stevens/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

You live very near where I grew up.

You said this previously.... Where I live (Randee Circle) was woods until about 1988. The development was built by Mitchell between around 1988 and 1992.

Nekochan

Nekochan

When I was a kid in the 60s I could see the trainers flying over my house from Saufley Field.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:When I was a kid in the 60s I could see the trainers flying over my house from Saufley Field.

I did my initial flight training at Saufley Field in Sept-Oct 1975, with VT-1. I lived in the BOQ there for about 2-months then.

My primary flight instructor in the T-34B was a USMC Captain named Matt Durney. He was a screamer in the cockpit, and one day exhorted me to give up flying airplanes and go drive tanks instead. But, he always gave me good grades after each flight, so he left me scratching my head on my actual performance. I don't know when Capt. Durney left the Marine Corps, but he is now a local commercial realtor and lives across from Quint Studer on Pensacola Beach.

My time at Saufley was a difficult time--I think it was for many of us who were trying to survive in a tough program. The dropout and failure-rates were horrendous then--at least 40%. Every day there would be another empty locker from someone who either quit or got enough "downs" to be kicked from the program. It got better for me when I moved to Whiting to complete the rest of my training.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum