Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meet the next President of the United States of America

+5
Vikingwoman
Wordslinger
Sal
2seaoat
EmeraldGhost
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Meet the next President of the United States of America 111624

Not saying I agree with him on everything .... just making an early prediction. I think it's in the bag. Wait & see.

2seaoat

Trump just went up to 40 percent in some polls by speaking hate and exclusion by throwing out the Constitution. Sorry, your candidate is a flip flopper and in this primary of haters, they did not forget Rubio's support for the immigration reform. Trump has not gone after him because he is irrelevant, but as soon as he shows any vitality he will be skewered......maybe he can stand up and suggest self deportation as a reaction to his prior words.....it did get Romney nominated, and then crushed in the general election. Iowa and NH will not have Rubio in the top three, and his funding will evaporate for the long haul.....and then there could be a discussion of his finances.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Trump just went up to 40 percent in some polls by speaking hate and exclusion by throwing out the Constitution.   Sorry, your candidate is a flip flopper and in this primary of haters, they did not forget Rubio's support for the immigration reform.  Trump has not gone after him because he is irrelevant, but as soon as he shows any vitality he will be skewered......maybe he can stand up and suggest self deportation as a reaction to his prior words.....it did get Romney nominated, and then crushed in the general election.  Iowa and NH will not have Rubio in the top three, and his funding will evaporate for the long haul.....and then there could be a discussion of his finances.

All irrelevant .... he's young; good-looking; nice family; seems like a reasonable guy; Hispanic; child of immigrants; good background story; no major scandals; speaks & presents well; etc etc

Allegations of flip-flopping, personal finances, etc will roll off him like water off a duck's back.   I don't think even Trump can successfully attack him without looking bad.    Trump has nowhere to go in the polls but down anyway.   And frankly, general election voters just won't care about that stuff.   Most of the swing-voters vote according to their "feels" about a candidate anyway.    I just don't see swing-voters as having a good "feel" about Hillary. She's just not very likable & she's got a whole lotta baggage.

I have an in-law who is a long-time Democrat supporter & votes every election without fail ..... hispanic (from Mexico originally), in her late 60's, ..... told me she was voting for Hillary unless Rubio wins the nomination, in which case she'll be voting for Rubio.

I expect Rubio will do very well with the little-old-lady vote .... and a lot of them little-old-ladies do vote.

As to the primary .... the Republican establishment & the PAC money are already starting to get behind him.  As Bill Clinton once said: “In every presidential election, Democrats want to fall in love. Republicans just fall in line.”

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 11/22/2015, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

He has more skeletons in his closets than a haunted house, and Hillary would chew him up and spit him out in a debate.

Funny stuff.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Salinsky wrote:He has more skeletons in his closets than a haunted house,
Such as?

(and as though Hillary is squeaky clean
Laughing Laughing Laughing)

Salinsky wrote:

and Hillary would chew him up and spit him out in a debate.

doubt it, he might not exactly chew her up ..... but I expect he'd hold his own .... and look better doing it.   And that's all he'll have to do.

by 2seaoat Today at 0:56
Trump just went up to 40 percent in some polls by speaking hate and exclusion by throwing out the Constitution. Sorry, your candidate is a flip flopper and in this primary of haters, they did not forget Rubio's support for the immigration reform. Trump has not gone after him because he is irrelevant, but as soon as he shows any vitality he will be skewered......maybe he can stand up and suggest self deportation as a reaction to his prior words.....it did get Romney nominated, and then crushed in the general election. Iowa and NH will not have Rubio in the top three, and his funding will evaporate for the long haul.....and then there could be a discussion of his finances.
-----
The Constituiton was thrown out by Obama likg ago. Hillary doesn't flip flop? Seriously ? You actually think she is a steady line and never changes positions? You're meds are preventing clarity on her past on everything. You are just a racist not wanting to vote for the Cuban. Yep, a Cuban guy probably stole an old girlfriend of yours along with that military guy and they pulled a train on her with you observing.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Obamasucks wrote: .... Sorry, your candidate is a flip flopper ....

For the record .... Rubio is not "my" candidate ... just calling it as I see it ... and I don't see everything through a partisan lens as some do.

(I predicted Obama both times, btw)

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Let's see Hillary compete for Hispanic voters against this ...

Now I'm not suggesting Rubio can get all the Latino vote .... but he can get enough to effectively neutralize it. And that black turnout just won't be there for Hillary like it was for Obama. So .... who does that leave?

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 11/22/2015, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Iowa is now about sixty some days out. Trump has boomed in the polls again speaking hate. Rubio is refrained in hate speak. He cannot close the gap in time, and financing of his campaign is difficult because too many other alternatives still exist. People forget Huckabees success in Iowa. People forget the success of the sweater guy in NH.........these traditional candidates have not given up and they will split the minority of reasonable republican primary voters and the result will be the money folks will abandon Rubio after NH. Just look what happened in the polls when Trump started some more hate speech......nearly sixty percent of Republican voters eat that up.....Rubio in another time would be an attractive candidate. I think the Hillary people agree with your analysis, but everybody has never imagined that such hateful rhetoric could be rewarded.....there has been no prior paradigm to compare.

2seaoat

You certainly have no friends who are Hispanic. They fully understand what a republican President represents. You sir must think Hispanics are stupid. They are not. They know the score, and they know who has threatened their community and families.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Iowa is now about sixty some days out. ....   People forget Huckabees success in Iowa.  

Iowa is irrelevant. Huckabee lost. Every time.

Another debate or two .... and a big ad push ... and Rubio will be on his way with the backing of the establishment. He's already getting tons of free media face-time recently, so his profile is rapidly rising in the campaign.

People will be jumping off the Trump bandwagon soon & looking for someone who can actually win.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:You certainly have no friends who are Hispanic. ....

Actually I know and have known a lot of Hispanics .... worked in years past in positions where 50%+ of my co-workers were Hispanic (Spanish language  was a job requirement in several positions I held over the years) .... and most of my in-laws & extended family on that side are either Hispanic or half.   I speak pretty crappy Spanish myself, but enough to get around in it. Over they years I've lived in two predominantly Hispanic communities for a combined total of about 8 years.  My neighbors on one side are both Hispanics of Mexican origin and on the other side the wife is Columbian. Several other Hispanics on my street now, one a mixed hispanic/black couple. A few Koreans in the neighborhood. One Puerto Rican I know of. And this is in Pace .... believe it or not. I've often been mistaken for being Hispanic being half Native-American and half white.   Spent about 4 months in Honduras where I was pretty much immersed in Spanish, and numerous shorter sojourns in Mexico ... and that wasn't on vacation.

So much for what you know about me. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 11/22/2015, 9:30 pm; edited 5 times in total

2seaoat

I would agree if the hate speech had not accelerated....wait until you see the most recent polls. The problem with the NEOCONS is that they so effectively have tried to scare Americans, they have assured that qualified neocons will never get to run against Hillary. Doc's numbers will fall, and Trump will become the leader by a vast margin, and when he does the super tuesday through the south.....every ad will be talking about Rubio....the Hispanic supporting immigration reform.....what total lack of understanding of what the Republican Party has become. Your analysis would be dead cinch correct in another time....but these are fascist times where hate and propaganda are sweeping this once great nation....wait till monday's polls.....see who is right.

EmeraldGhost wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Iowa is now about sixty some days out.  ....   People forget Huckabees success in Iowa.  

Iowa is irrelevant.  Huckabee lost.   Every time.

Another debate or two .... and a big ad push ... and Rubio will be on his way with the backing of the establishment.  He's already getting tons of free media face-time recently, so his profile is rapidly rising in the campaign.  

People will be jumping off the Trump bandwagon soon & looking for someone who can actually win.

Says the establishment.....that 40% support he has says otherwise. The last establishment candidate lost in a landslide to Obummer (Romney)

2seaoat

So much for what you know about me. Rolling Eyes

I now know that you are the Santa Rosa deputy who used to post in the PNJ and was always supportive of LEO no matter how blatant their mistakes were. You are wrong. People know who has been spewing hate, and they know who is telling the truth. The Republicans are plying hate to win. You are a get along go along fellow based on your prior posts on the PNJ.......I am surprised it took me this long.....I am usually better at this.....I guess age and illness has allowed me to slip and not pick up the pattern of your posts.

EmeraldGhost wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Iowa is now about sixty some days out.  ....   People forget Huckabees success in Iowa.  

Another debate or two .... and a big ad push ... and Rubio will be on his way with the backing of the establishment.  He's already getting tons of free media face-time recently, so his profile is rapidly rising in the campaign.  

Rubio is just that, "a rube." He can't even beat Cruz.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Obamasucks wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Says the establishment.....that 40% support he has says otherwise.  The last establishment candidate lost in a landslide to Obummer (Romney)

Howard Dean.

I could bring up a lot of candidates over the years from both parties who had high numbers early & flamed out in the end.

Trump can fall .... and I think he will.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I agree with Cruz on some things .... I agree with most of 'em from both parties on some things .... but fact is,  Cruz is just too creepy looking ... and boring.   Cant' win the low-information swing voters in the general election.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 11/22/2015, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Salinsky wrote:He has more skeletons in his closets than a haunted house, and Hillary would chew him up and spit him out in a debate.

Funny stuff.

SO you support the 1)Democratic NEOCON, bought and paid for by 2) Wall Street and 3) every enemy of America that contributed to the KKKlinton Foundation....especially the Russians of whom she sold 40% of our uranium stockpile to.....hmmmmmm who is the traitor now?

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

I agree with Cruz on some things .... I agree with most of 'em from both parties on some things .... but fact is,  Cruz is just too creepy looking ... and boring.   Cant' win the low-information swing voters in the general election.

Rubio is just that, "a rube." He can't even beat Cruz.

Damn shallow....he is too creepy looking and boring for you even if he can fix what the Dems have destroyed?

2seaoat

She is a pretty girl who like most Americans make contributions despite having immigrants in their past. This hate against immigrants must stop. This hate against Mexicans and Muslims must stop. America is strong and great, and it is our diversity which can beat all our enemies and their evil ideas of hate. No the Hispanic vote will punish the Republicans nationwide and Cruz or Rubio will not fool them as to the party they represent.

2seaoat wrote:She is a pretty girl who like most Americans make contributions despite having immigrants in their past.  This hate against immigrants must stop.  This hate against Mexicans and Muslims must stop.  America is strong and great, and it is our diversity which can beat all our enemies and their evil ideas of hate.  No the Hispanic vote will punish the Republicans nationwide and Cruz or Rubio will not fool them as to the party they represent.

Nobody hates Mexicans. Those are your own words. American hates Radical Islam which should be a fight for Moderate Islam, but the Moderates don't pack the gear to end the insanity. That leaves it for the rest of us to do.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost wrote:

Obamasucks wrote:
Damn shallow....he is too creepy looking and boring for you even if he can fix what the Dems have destroyed?

No ... not for me .... for the general election.   As I said there's a whole lot of fairly low-information swing voters vote their "feels" about a candidate.   And "feels" is what's gonna win the general election .... maybe not the primary ... but the general for sure.   And Cruz just ain't got that.  He can't win anybody's heart with a smile.

Rubio can get a lot of those swing votes, he can neutralize the Latino vote, and the black vote just won't turnout like they did for Obama.

Again .... I'm just giving an objective analysis.    I have been neither a Cruz nor a Rubio supporter.   (I kind of liked Kasich, but he's gone now.)

2seaoat

Kasich gone.....hardly

http://news.yahoo.com/donors-line-behind-kasich-super-pac-planning-trump-185926184.html

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:So much for what you know about me. Rolling Eyes

I now know that you are the Santa Rosa deputy who used to post in the PNJ  

I'm a retired Federal 1811, if you must know.   I've never worked for a State or local agency, but I've worked with quite a few of them.

And I've never posted in PNJ.   My but you are a suspicious type, aren't ya?   Haven't questioned your bona-fides .... whatever they might be?

Why is it even relevant to this discussion anyway?

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 11/22/2015, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum