Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America aint broke

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1America aint broke Empty America aint broke 11/5/2012, 7:55 am

I just got back from Athens Georgia where I went to the Georgia/Mississippi game. We stopped to eat in Greenville Alabama at the Cracker Barrel. The parking lot of full and I dont think there were many cars under $20,000 in the entire lot(except mine). I parked next to a Range rover and a new Lexus suv.

Going rate for a parking space was 30 dollars for the game. But we had a inside scoop and found a spot in a church lot for 10.
Sanford Stadium, capacity 92,746, was almost a sell out. There were very few open seats. I am sure the average price of a ticket was over a 100 dollars, if you factor in the sky boxes and such. that is 10 million in ticket sales alone. The concessions had long lines the entire game. Money seemed to be a non issue. On the walk back to the car you could not help but notice the number of very high dollar autos.
I can only conclude that there is really no shortage of money in America, only the perception that we are broke.

The canary in the mine will be when they cancel a college football game due to lack of funds and people can not afford to attend. Until then, all is good.

[img]America aint broke 2s6vz3t[/img]

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 11/5/2012, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

2America aint broke Empty Re: America aint broke 11/5/2012, 8:55 am

No America ain't broke and I don't know anyone who has not been able to find a job in the past couple of years if they wanted one. I watched several games this weekend and it appeared all the seats in the stadium's were full, especially Al and LSU. I was thinking the same thing when watching that game, if people were so broke where did they get the money to pay the obscene prices to get into the games.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum