Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More U.S. soldiers are now killing themselves than are killed in combat.

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"For the second year (2010) in a row, more US soldiers killed themselves (468) than died in combat (462)"

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/1-more-us-soldiers-committed-suicide-than-died-in-combat/

Bob wrote:

"For the second year (2010) in a row, more US soldiers killed themselves (468) than died in combat (462)"

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/articles/1-more-us-soldiers-committed-suicide-than-died-in-combat/

And as I posted earlier Ted Turner thinks this is a good thing. What a POS.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wonder what the suicide rate is among the mooslims they're fighting against?
My guess is it's probably about zero. And the reason for that is those mooslims believe in what they're doing. They're defending their homeland against a foreign occupier. Just like they did when the rooskies was the foreign occupier. Except this time they hate us even worse than the rooskies because our country is there to prop up and protect a totally corrupt puppet government.
But our troops must keep wondering why in the name of fuck they're still over there. Because that's what I keep wondering too.

As a Vet from the 60s i dont see how they do it. How many times has Pacedog been deployed? 5 or 6 times? Damn that is unreal.
We had to do 13 months. One(1) time. If you did any more that was your call. Contrary to what people like "Ghandi" thinks of me I am no damn sissy. But I be damned if I could do what we are asking our troops to do. I noticed almost none of you watched the video I posted that showed what the troops really have to endure.
Pray or ring bells or sit quietly but keep our troops in your minds eye. Damn it all!!!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

John Bolton: The squawking of a chickenhawk

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan: There he goes again.

In Wednesday's Opinion pages, former U.N. Ambassador John R. Bolton weighs in on the war in Afghanistanand President Obama's pledge to begin withdrawing U.S. troops in July.

Not surprisingly, Bolton is critical.

"For the nation, the president's best course would be to protect and capitalize on the progress we have made by maintaining troop levels and offensive operations in Afghanistan until the job is done, whenever that is.

There should be no mistake that a politically driven withdrawal of substantial U.S. forces will squander the victories won in Afghanistan since the 2009 surge. It will signal to the Taliban and Al Qaeda that their long travail is nearing an end. And it will signal to radicals in Pakistan and elsewhere that they too can act against the U.S. ultimately with impunity. All of these results will endanger not just the United States but peace and security worldwide."

I have four words for Bolton: "Vietnam War" and "shut up."

Bolton was at Yale during Vietnam. Unlike almost everyone there, he supported the war. As did fellow Yalie George W. Bush. And like Bush, when it came time to back up his tough talk, he walked -– joining the National Guard.

"I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy," Bolton wrote of his decision in his Yale 25th reunion book. "I considered the war in Vietnam already lost."

Which is fine; everyone made choices then. What's the point in rehashing it?

There's just one caveat: Bolton's choice -– like the ones made by Bush and by Dick Cheney -- should disqualify him and others like him from ever sending other young men and women to die in similar circumstances. Or from offering an opinion on the subject.

Bolton had his chance to fight, and die, for his country in a cause he believed in. He passed. So spare us the outrage, John. Spare us the talk of Obama endangering the United States.

The president should maintain "troop levels and offensive operations in Afghanistan until the job is done, whenever that is"? Oh, please. Does Bolton own stock in a defense contractor, or a company that makes body bags?

Here's my test for when U.S. troops should go into combat: Is the cause worth my son's life? Is it worth the life of my neighbor's son, or daughter, or husband or wife?

Because in the end, for all of Bolton's lofty talk about "peace and security worldwide," that's what it boils down to: Someone's going to die -– someone's son, or daughter, or husband or wife.

Bolton and others like him chose law school when duty called in Vietnam. But more than 55,000 Americans weren't so fortunate. And more than 4,500 Americans have given their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If the relatives of one of those who fell want to write about what we should do in Afghanistan, I'll listen.

But John Bolton should just shut up.

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2011/04/to-paraphrase-ronald-reagan-there-he-goes-again-in-tuesdays-opinion-pages-former-un-ambassador-john-r-bolton-weighs-in.html

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If America had no enemy it would be necessary to create one....

Out with the cold war enemy in with the elusive eternal phantom terrorist.

Bob wrote:I wonder what the suicide rate is among the mooslims they're fighting against?
My guess is it's probably about zero. And the reason for that is those mooslims believe in what they're doing. They're defending their homeland against a foreign occupier. Just like they did when the rooskies was the foreign occupier. Except this time they hate us even worse than the rooskies because our country is there to prop up and protect a totally corrupt puppet government.
But our troops must keep wondering why in the name of fuck they're still over there. Because that's what I keep wondering too.

when mooslims commit suicide its called a terrorist act because they have bombs attached to thier bodies and take other peoples lives with them.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Rogue wrote:

when mooslims commit suicide its called a terrorist act because they have bombs attached to thier bodies and take other peoples lives with them.
That's a good point, chrissy. The mooslims do commit suicide but it's for a different reason. They're doing it to further their cause of defending their homeland from a foreign invader.
As I said, when our troops commit suicide it's most likely because they're so goddamned disillusioned and depressed about having to be somewhere they know they shouldn't be.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

fuck you you chickenshit asshole.

More U.S. soldiers are now killing themselves than are killed in combat. John_bolton_mail.google.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

you make me wanna puke

More U.S. soldiers are now killing themselves than are killed in combat. Kristol2

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've got something to stick in your mouth buddy.

More U.S. soldiers are now killing themselves than are killed in combat. Hannity__1

Bob wrote:John Bolton: The squawking of a chickenhawk

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan: There he goes again.

In Wednesday's Opinion pages, former U.N. Ambassador John R. Bolton weighs in on the war in Afghanistanand President Obama's pledge to begin withdrawing U.S. troops in July.

Not surprisingly, Bolton is critical.

"For the nation, the president's best course would be to protect and capitalize on the progress we have made by maintaining troop levels and offensive operations in Afghanistan until the job is done, whenever that is.

There should be no mistake that a politically driven withdrawal of substantial U.S. forces will squander the victories won in Afghanistan since the 2009 surge. It will signal to the Taliban and Al Qaeda that their long travail is nearing an end. And it will signal to radicals in Pakistan and elsewhere that they too can act against the U.S. ultimately with impunity. All of these results will endanger not just the United States but peace and security worldwide."

I have four words for Bolton: "Vietnam War" and "shut up."

Bolton was at Yale during Vietnam. Unlike almost everyone there, he supported the war. As did fellow Yalie George W. Bush. And like Bush, when it came time to back up his tough talk, he walked -– joining the National Guard.

"I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy," Bolton wrote of his decision in his Yale 25th reunion book. "I considered the war in Vietnam already lost."

Which is fine; everyone made choices then. What's the point in rehashing it?

There's just one caveat: Bolton's choice -– like the ones made by Bush and by Dick Cheney -- should disqualify him and others like him from ever sending other young men and women to die in similar circumstances. Or from offering an opinion on the subject.

Bolton had his chance to fight, and die, for his country in a cause he believed in. He passed. So spare us the outrage, John. Spare us the talk of Obama endangering the United States.

The president should maintain "troop levels and offensive operations in Afghanistan until the job is done, whenever that is"? Oh, please. Does Bolton own stock in a defense contractor, or a company that makes body bags?

Here's my test for when U.S. troops should go into combat: Is the cause worth my son's life? Is it worth the life of my neighbor's son, or daughter, or husband or wife?

Because in the end, for all of Bolton's lofty talk about "peace and security worldwide," that's what it boils down to: Someone's going to die -– someone's son, or daughter, or husband or wife.

Bolton and others like him chose law school when duty called in Vietnam. But more than 55,000 Americans weren't so fortunate. And more than 4,500 Americans have given their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If the relatives of one of those who fell want to write about what we should do in Afghanistan, I'll listen.

But John Bolton should just shut up.

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2011/04/to-paraphrase-ronald-reagan-there-he-goes-again-in-tuesdays-opinion-pages-former-un-ambassador-john-r-bolton-weighs-in.html

That's exactly the way I feel. Go ahead and keep voting for republicans so they can send your kids off to war.What do they give a shit.? It's not their kids.

Dreamsglore wrote:That's exactly the way I feel. Go ahead and keep voting for republicans so they can send your kids off to war.What do they give a shit.? It's not their kids.

More U.S. soldiers are now killing themselves than are killed in combat. Is?-uM_fS5LGo3eFvGHNGx6vNCXcldQuNhCBX94oNA6Lyg

And the current chickenhawk..... I mean Nobel Peace Prize winning president that sits in the White House would never bomb three or more countries that we're not at war with or without Congressional approval, would never take military action without that countries approval in a country we're supposed to be allies with, increase the number of troops in a surge, etc..... Yeah!..... Right!.....

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYeZJ9_Hmwg

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

And the current chickenhawk..... I mean Nobel Peace Prize winning president that sits in the White House would never bomb three or more countries that we're not at war with or without Congressional approval, would never take military action in a country we're supposed to be allies with, increase the number of troops in a surge, etc..... Yeah!..... Right!.....

Who said I'm arguing with any of that. He's a piece of shit just like the republican pieces of shit you worship. Contrary to widespread popular opinion, this is not a high school football game so it's not required that I cheer for either.

Bob wrote:
Who said I'm arguing with any of that. He's a piece of shit just like the republican pieces of shit you worship. Contrary to widespread popular opinion, this is not a high school football game so it's not required that I cheer for either.

Who said I was worshiping or cheering either Ahole?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5uamDMoW4o

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Your record of posts here says it loudly and clearly.

And if I'm lying then prove it to me. Make a post right now and say John Bolton and Dick Cheney and Hannity and Limbaugh and all those other neocons are chickenshit chickenhawks.
There's no way in hell you can do that and you know it. You're too much in love with them.

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Your record of posts here says it loudly and clearly.

And if I'm lying then prove it to me. Make a post right now and say John Bolton and Dick Cheney and Hannity and Limbaugh and all those other neocons are chickenshit chickenhawks.
There's no way in hell you can do that and you know it. You're too much in love with them.

Bush and Cheney had Congressional approval to do what they did. If you want to bring them up on war crimes then do so...

...However if they are aquitted because they can prove that misinformation was being given to the White House then let the teason trials begin. I want to know who was feeding the executive branch of our government misinformation and I want them executed for their actions.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

I don't listen to Limbaugh or Hannity so I wouldn't know.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Bush and Cheney had Congressional approval to do what they did.
Big fuckin deal. Obama had congressional approval to do obamacare. So what.

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Bush and Cheney had Congressional approval to do what they did.
Big fuckin deal. Obama had congressional approval to do obamacare. So what.

I'll be by with a contract for you to sign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

Don't worry just sign it and I'll send you copies to read later... Just like your heroes did.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww

Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Don't worry just sign it and I'll send you copies to read later.

"I'll be by with a contract for you to sign.

Don't worry, just sign it and I'll show you the weapons of mass destruction later"

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Like I said. The libtards have a double standard and you wingnuts have a double standard too.
That's the way it is at a high school football game. You HAVE to be for one and agin the other.

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Don't worry just sign it and I'll send you copies to read later.

"I'll be by with a contract for you to sign.

Don't worry, just sign it and I'll show you the weapons of mass destruction later"

My version had bipartisan approval of Congress and I've given you an option on what you can do.

Your version was completely partisan or, as with your hero in the White House, no approval from Congress at all. So your version is simply BOHICA.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9JEPeeohYs

Smile

Bob wrote:Like I said. The libtards have a double standard and you wingnuts have a double standard too.
That's the way it is at a high school football game. You HAVE to be for one and agin the other.

yeah. One big difference though. You go off like a rocket when a righty says something just like here. I didnt see you go off on dreams when she mentioned to not vote for republicans.

Its difficult to take a stand on issues on a forum when keeping the peace and trying to make friends get in the way and cause you to be two faced and double standard. silent

I see it here all the time, just sayin.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sonny, if one of those republican fucktards told you you should jump you'd ask him how high. You'd jump in front of him and take a bullet. You get a tingle up your leg every time they run their mouths same as that MSNBC asshole does when the kenyan starts his blathering.
You can't fool me, sugar.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

that last post was for the iowa dirtdobber. I'll write one for you now, chrissy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum