Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

people can remotely take over control of a car

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Hackers are able to control of autos which are sold in America. I watched a special on PBS, and they were able to use the cars GPS to locate it....they blinked the lights so the person could find the car.....they opened the car.....started the car.....and the guy drove off with the car......they then took the car to a track........and they remotely engaged the brakes as the person was driving the car........Do you think our enemies could not cause a complete melt down in a coordinated attack in an urban center? Amazing vulnerability which must be closed....and soon.

Of course with the economic traitors among us.....we probably will not have cars in this country in 20 years.

Scary... brings to mind the potentials with the new driverless cars.

http://www.thelafourchegazette.com/article.php?id=N7406

OnStar found it..tracked it.. then shut it down when the cops got near it.. I guess they let them run first to add onto the charges. Twisted Evil

I do not and will not own a vehicle with all the bells and whistles that enable a hacker to carry out such a deed. If I need a GPS I'll buy a Garmin or a Tom-Tom or a Magellan. My current vehicle currently has nothing but power windows and seats.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I do not and will not own a vehicle with all the bells and whistles that enable a hacker to carry out such a deed. If I need a GPS I'll buy a Garmin or a Tom-Tom or a Magellan. My current vehicle currently has nothing but power windows and seats.

I'm with you, GR. My pickup doesn't even have power windows, and I don't want or like them. They're too expensive to fix and they malfunction too often. Roller windows are easy and cheap to fix. I use the GPS that's on my Droid 4 if I ever need one, and I have one of those mounts so I can see it while I'm driving. I did swap out the stock 60/40 seats for leather lumbar seats out of a 2007 Sequoia because the stock seats in my pickup were killing my back, knee and hip. Major improvement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum