Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The reason we have a two-year long billion dollar presidential election campaign.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This one's very simple to understand. The reason is that no media, not msnbc, not fox news, not cnn, not the networks, not the newspapers, not the internet media companies, no media wants this to change. Since the media does not want this to change, the media will not present any challenge to it on the media. For that reason very few in the population are ever even made aware that it could be done any differently.

The reason the media does not want this change is because the status quo provides a bonanza for the media. Not just in the obvious way, which is a billion dollars worth of advertising revenue purchasing political campaign ads.
But even more than that it's because a two-year long election campaign permits particularly the television media to coast on auto-pilot for two years. For that two years it can devote so much of it's programming content to a very inexpensive format. It puts talking heads in front of tv cameras in a television studio and wastes thousands of programming hours on that election gibberish. That's time it doesn't have to spend actually doing video journalism and reporting real news which is more costly.

In the U.K. the candidates for British Prime Minister start campaigning 30 days before the general election.

Great Point Mr Bob. Maybe we should make the President's term in office 2 years then we could have a never ending Presidential Political Campaigns.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:Great Point Mr Bob. Maybe we should make the President's term in office 2 years then we could have a never ending Presidential Political Campaigns.
That would require a constitutional amendment. What's more likely is the the 2 year campaign will begin even sooner and may eventually become a 4 year campaign starting the day after election day. As bizarre as it sounds, we've already had tv talking heads devoting discussions to who will run for the 2016 election. That will probably go into higher gear pretty soon after the election. And once the public is dissatisifed with the winner (whichever one that is) it will really go into high gear. And then the usual suspects (the hacks who make a career out of running for president) will start appearing on the talking head shows.

I thing with should do away with a persons "secret" or private vote. You should have to declare in Public, on paper in front of witness who you are voting for. If your man losses then you are screwed. You would be a 2nd class citizen for the next 4 years, If you called you called your Congress man he could just say "F you. You did not vote for me" same for the sherriff. Good idea. What do you think?

Bob wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:Great Point Mr Bob. Maybe we should make the President's term in office 2 years then we could have a never ending Presidential Political Campaigns.
That would require a constitutional amendment. What's more likely is the the 2 year campaign will begin even sooner and may eventually become a 4 year campaign starting the day after election day. As bizarre as it sounds, we've already had tv talking heads devoting discussions to who will run for the 2016 election. That will probably go into higher gear pretty soon after the election. And once the public is dissatisifed with the winner (whichever one that is) it will really go into high gear. And then the usual suspects (the hacks who make a career out of running for president) will start appearing on the talking head shows.

Id say obama 4 year term was a 4 year campaign.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:I thing with should do away with a persons "secret" or private vote. You should have to declare in Public, on paper in front of witness who you are voting for. If your man losses then you are screwed. You would be a 2nd class citizen for the next 4 years, If you called you called your Congress man he could just say "F you. You did not vote for me" same for the sherriff. Good idea. What do you think?
I like that idea. But to be perfectly honest, my idea of an ideal american system of government would be to mirror how the corporations do things.
I would outsource the president and congress jobs to India. We could get Indians to do those jobs for a fraction of what it's costing us now. And we wouldn't have to give them benefits like cadillac health insurance and all those congressional perks and shit. And since they could be located in India we wouldn't even need a white house or capitol building anymore. That's some of the most prime property in downtown D.C. Could be turned into high dollar condos and be sold to the chinks.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Just think. once we outsource all that nonsense to India we wouldn't need a sean hannity or a rachel madcow anymore. Hannity could go back to being a construction worker and madcow could go back to mowing the lawn of that lady college professor she's shacked up with.
It's a no-brainer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If these fuckheads want a campaign contribution out of me, I'll make them a deal.
I'll contribute $500 today if they can guarantee me I'll never have to look at or listen to this mealy mouth piece of shit on my television ever again.

The reason we have a two-year long billion dollar presidential election campaign. David_axelrod_wireimage--300x300

Outsourcing is a great idea but I think Mexico would be better than India. That way I could have a excuse to run to the border towns. Sorry babe have to go to Nuevo Lardeo, government business.
The reason we have a two-year long billion dollar presidential election campaign. TransContinental-Hustle

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:This one's very simple to understand. The reason is that no media, not msnbc, not fox news, not cnn, not the networks, not the newspapers, not the internet media companies, no media wants this to change. Since the media does not want this to change, the media will not present any challenge to it on the media. For that reason very few in the population are ever even made aware that it could be done any differently.

The reason the media does not want this change is because the status quo provides a bonanza for the media. Not just in the obvious way, which is a billion dollars worth of advertising revenue purchasing political campaign ads.
But even more than that it's because a two-year long election campaign permits particularly the television media to coast on auto-pilot for two years. For that two years it can devote so much of it's programming content to a very inexpensive format. It puts talking heads in front of tv cameras in a television studio and wastes thousands of programming hours on that election gibberish. That's time it doesn't have to spend actually doing video journalism and reporting real news which is more costly.

In the U.K. the candidates for British Prime Minister start campaigning 30 days before the general election.

If it ain't CORPORATE it ain't shit. Big Business runs everything.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

hallmarkgrad wrote:I thing with should do away with a persons "secret" or private vote. You should have to declare in Public, on paper in front of witness who you are voting for. If your man losses then you are screwed. You would be a 2nd class citizen for the next 4 years, If you called you called your Congress man he could just say "F you. You did not vote for me" same for the sherriff. Good idea. What do you think?

I think you're too close to reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum