Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

say something stupid and get rewarded with a two billion dollar offer

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/potential-new-los-angeles-clippers-owner-steve-ballmer-tried-to-bring-team-to-seattle-053014

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

There should be a sports section where you could put this boring tripe...

2seaoat

There should be a sports section where you could put this boring tripe...

Somebody's boring me. I think it's me.
Dylan Thomas

Sal

Sal

The capital gains taxes from the sale of the team will probably balance the nation's budget.

Insanity.

2seaoat

He will not pay a dime of capital gains......he will 1031 this asset with other assets......nada......and you wonder why we have a deficit.........I do not know his ownership method, but if he is simply a shareholder, yes he will pay capital gains on the sale of shares, but I am betting it will be an asset sale and not a stock transfer.........I do not have knowledge on how he holds his interest other than his wife got half of the team after the divorce.

What does any of the circumstances have to do with the price of the team at this time?

2seaoat

What does any of the circumstances have to do with the price of the team at this time?

Everything. Take draft choices away for 7 years, and restrict him for two years from attending. Look what happened to the value of the timberwolves when they were sanctioned........instead every buyer is the cowboy on the white horse and white hat coming to save the league and in this case the people of LA which have been supportive of the team are going to get the pipe......Seattle will have this team in three years. So, they make the owner rich by no real attack on his pocketbook and punish the people of LA for supporting the team. This makes being stupid very attractive when the net effect is to enrich a person.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:The capital gains taxes from the sale of the team will probably balance the nation's budget.

Insanity.

Why?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:He will not pay a dime of capital gains......he will 1031 this asset with other assets......nada......and you wonder why we have a deficit.........I do not know his ownership method, but if he is simply a shareholder, yes he will pay capital gains on the sale of shares, but I am betting it will be an asset sale and not a stock transfer.........I do not have knowledge on how he holds his interest other than his wife got half of the team after the divorce.

What?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum