Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selling our factories and cutting pre school education for the most vulnerable

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121020/COLUMNISTS01/310200021/Shannon-Nickinson-Education-cuts-deepest?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Letters%20to%20the%20Editor|p

If you do not think local, state, and national politics does not matter.....watch what is coming.........we are losing our fricking minds.

You tell us (at great length I suspect) what exacly hasn't happened exactly as it was designed to by our govt.

I remember all of the talk during the trade negotiations and agreements... how we were going to be a service based economy.

One of obamas big campaign promises was to take on nafta and other agreements that were not to our benefit.

I held some hope of that... but I'm sure you give him a pass. You arn't sincere.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20121020/COLUMNISTS01/310200021/Shannon-Nickinson-Education-cuts-deepest?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Letters%20to%20the%20Editor|p

If you do not think local, state, and national politics does not matter.....watch what is coming.........we are losing our fricking minds.

What would help the most would be teaching and rewarding parents for being parents. The Great Society and War on Poverty of President Lyndon Baines Johnson did more to destroy households and families than anything else in our history.

2seaoat

I do not know the primary reason for the decline of the American family unit. I watch my granddaughter boom intellectually as she is racing to her 4th birthday this winter, and I think about a kid who is sat in front of a tv. I think about the lack of consistency in that child's life. I think about the influence of drugs on that child's life. I think about the impact of the economy on that child's life and whether the child has a mother and father as single parenthood seems to be far too common.

I think about how fortunate I was to have a stable family from 1-5. I think about how prepared I was for school, and how I would be sent to the hall by the teacher to tutor other children who could not read, tell time, or do simple math........what has changed. I would like to think that politics are part of the equation, but I believe the sexual revolution, birth control, economic parity for woman, and the general economic decline of America over the last 30 years contribute far more to the impact on that 1-5 year old than some government program.

However, my wife has argued for years that if by third grade a child cannot read....and begin teaching themselves....that child will be lost. So my point is why are we not putting every resource into accomplishing that goal. Cutting preschool in my opinion is the wrong direction.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I do not know the primary reason for the decline of the American family unit. I watch my granddaughter boom intellectually as she is racing to her 4th birthday this winter, and I think about a kid who is sat in front of a tv. I think about the lack of consistency in that child's life. I think about the influence of drugs on that child's life. I think about the impact of the economy on that child's life and whether the child has a mother and father as single parenthood seems to be far too common.

I think about how fortunate I was to have a stable family from 1-5. I think about how prepared I was for school, and how I would be sent to the hall by the teacher to tutor other children who could not read, tell time, or do simple math........what has changed. I would like to think that politics are part of the equation, but I believe the sexual revolution, birth control, economic parity for woman, and the general economic decline of America over the last 30 years contribute far more to the impact on that 1-5 year old than some government program.

However, my wife has argued for years that if by third grade a child cannot read....and begin teaching themselves....that child will be lost. So my point is why are we not putting every resource into accomplishing that goal. Cutting preschool in my opinion is the wrong direction.

None of that can happen without a solid family unit. Something which has been intentionally destroyed by Progressives. "Headstart" programs have proven to be wasted resources since those kids are equal to those who did not have the same program by the third or fourth grade.

Instead of looking for more handouts, Progressives should be teaching people to get married, find stable employment and THEN have chidren.

2seaoat

Headstart" programs have proven to be wasted resources since those kids are equal to those who did not have the same program by the third or fourth grade.

That is not my wife's experience, and statistically it may be correct, but what happens in kindergarten, first, and second grade are even more important than a headstart program. We need to be focusing resources on the primary grades and getting reading skills to a higher level. I agree that people should be married and employed before even thinking about bringing a child into this world, but two wrongs do not make a right.

PkrBum wrote:You tell us (at great length I suspect) what exacly hasn't happened exactly as it was designed to by our govt.

I remember all of the talk during the trade negotiations and agreements... how we were going to be a service based economy.

One of obamas big campaign promises was to take on nafta and other agreements that were not to our benefit.

I held some hope of that... but I'm sure you give him a pass. You arn't sincere.

Selling our factories and cutting pre school education for the most vulnerable Is?1Sv8UzerdNfgF8w0U5qAvynU6LwIB7khQm0HV5Mx0kw

We are becoming a service economy as long as you can learn to say... "hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us."

Remember to smile when you say that!

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPNsy029OeU

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum