Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When is too much enough ? Food production factories.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

OH TEO!

How friggin horrible?

Thanks, you just may have created a vegan. There is no excuse for that, NONE.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

stormwatch89 wrote:OH TEO!

How friggin horrible?

Thanks, you just may have created a vegan.  There is no excuse for that, NONE.

We no longer treat animals like animals we treat them like cogs in a machine...cold-hearted....watching those little pigs suckle against a mom that was captive in bars that will never frolic or see sunshine ...good lord help us...

Bluebonnet

How friggin horrible?

I've been moving that way for a long time. We will be judged harshly historically for our cruel, blind acceptance of our treatment of animals.

As it gets worse, states, thanks to big farm/food lobby is making it illegal to take such videos or even have access to these assembly lines because THEY KNOW the public outrage that would result. Complacency is evil.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Soleil wrote:

How friggin horrible?

I've been moving that way for a long time. We will be judged harshly historically for our cruel, blind acceptance of our treatment of animals.

As it gets worse, states, thanks to big farm/food lobby is making it illegal to take such videos or even have access to these assembly lines because THEY KNOW the public outrage that would result. Complacency is evil.
Soleil, there are few animal right societies that I don't belong too, but this was more than disturbing.

I see the progesterone/mare things and object...I don't buy veal due to the inhumane conditions of their upbringing, but this one really upset me.

Complacency is, indeed, evil.

Thanks, Teo, for posting although it disturbs me enormously.

Nope, not a zealot like Peta, but want some humane treatment....not this.

I take a deer or two a year... catch all the fish I need... and split a cow and pig with family from a local farm.

You are what you eat.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PkrBum wrote:I take a deer or two a year... catch  all the fish I need... and split a cow and pig with family from a local farm.

You are what you eat.
Oh, no Pkr! Probably the first time we've ever disagreed!

My meat comes in cellophane and has not harmed anything! Organically grown, or whatever?Sad 

I did catch a fish once only to learn that it bled.. Who knew? I surely didn't and have never eaten one since.

We are totally oblivious to how our produce comes to market and while I'm not an extremist, do believe that some humane procedures are surely called for.

That is horrid and uncalled for.

stormwatch89 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I take a deer or two a year... catch  all the fish I need... and split a cow and pig with family from a local farm.

You are what you eat.
Oh, no Pkr! Probably the first time we've ever disagreed!

My meat comes in cellophane and has not harmed anything! Organically grown, or whatever?Sad 

I did catch a fish once only to learn that it bled.. Who knew? I surely didn't and have never eaten one since.

We are totally oblivious to how our produce comes to market and while I'm not an extremist, do believe that some humane procedures are surely called for.

That is horrid and uncalled for.
I know exactly where my meat comes from. I grew up ranching... I'd have prolly done it for life if not for school and sports... and been real happy. But I'm happy now too. I even pick out the cow and pig... and could put it into little cellophane packages too... lol.

Going bow hunting weekend after next... the trees are turning colors... I can't wait.

Pardon me if I offended anyone's sensibilities. In most ways I'm doing "it" in a pretty simple way. It's just nature.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:Pardon me if I offended anyone's sensibilities. In most ways I'm doing "it" in a pretty simple way. It's just nature.
My grandson killed a 6x6 elk in Oregon with a heart shot one arrow at over 35 yards 2 weeks ago...

I went fishing a couple of weekends ago and my son caught a bunch of cat fish. I told him he had to learn the hard part of fishing called cleaning them.

we came home and I taught him how to skin catfish. yes, pulling the guts out and cutting off the heads while they are still gasping for air after forcibly yanking all that tuff skin right off their body.

Sal

Sal

I like fried chicken.

Sal wrote:I like fried chicken.
Chicken is an easy meal... you might be ok.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My daughter has me interested in something new...we are going to try eating our organic fresh killed beef and chicken raw. She says it takes time to develop the correct flora in your gut but hey I got to die from something...We are going out to Ruffus somebodys and get some buffalo also...maybe I will try some raw deer this season...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pardon me if I offended anyone's sensibilities. In most ways I'm doing "it" in a pretty simple way. It's just nature.
My grandson killed a 6x6 elk in Oregon with a heart shot one arrow at over 35 yards 2 weeks ago...
Wow... that's alot of meat. I don't know about eating a bunch of raw meat tho. Cooking basically helps our processes.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:My daughter has me interested in something new...we are going to try eating our organic fresh killed beef and chicken raw.  She says it takes time to develop the correct flora in your gut but hey I got to die from something...We are going out to Ruffus somebodys and get some buffalo also...maybe I will try some raw deer this season...
Go ahead an eat that meat raw but look under a microscope first. You might change your mind. LOL!

cool1

cool1

PkrBum wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wow... that's alot of meat. I don't know about eating a bunch of raw meat tho. Cooking basically helps our processes.

Laughing I agree cook it man

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

This entire thread makes me sad, very sad.

Think it's called DENIAL.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Humans always look for the most income from the least investment. Creating farms run by robots with machines to hatch/birth, feed, maintain, fatten, and slaughter makes sense if you just look at the end product ..cheap meat. It is heartless but most machines are. People can become very machine like in war and healthcare I have seen both. They don't see people just an it to be killed, captured or treated and quieted down....I don't have an answer, people got to eat ...something. What would Ayn Rand say ?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Humans always look for the most income from the least investment. Creating farms run by robots with machines to hatch/birth, feed, maintain, fatten, and slaughter makes sense if you just look at the end product ..cheap meat. It is heartless but most machines are. People can become very machine like in war and healthcare I have seen both. They don't see people just an it to be killed, captured or treated and quieted down....I don't have an answer, people got to eat ...something. What would Ayn Rand say ?
I dont know what she would say. But the way it is you have two choices. produce fast cheap food or have people starve.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum