Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh boy now I'm really confused.

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Oh boy now I'm really confused. Empty Oh boy now I'm really confused. 6/23/2012, 4:19 pm

And it's because of this thread...

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t250-yelladog-look-where-i-just-went

First of all, wild_thing starts the thread and the thread is a message to yelladawg.
But then when yelladawg replies to wild_thing, the quotes he's replying to have Chrissy as the writer.
And yelladawg is addressing the poster as Chrissy and not as wild_thing.
Also, the writing style is definitely not the writing style of Chrissy that I've read for years on PNJ.

Can anyone help me understand what in the blue blazes is going on in that thread? Is chrissy and wild_thing the same person? And how does wild-thing write a post, and then the exact same post is quoted and it says "chrissy8" wrote it? And if wild_thing and Chrissy are the same person, then how is it that the Chrissy writing style
that we've all been accustomed to for years is not the same writing style in that thread?

I don't see how anyone could alter the author's username on a quote except the forum admistrator?

Boards, are you wild_thing? Or are you Chrissy? Or are you manipulating the posts to make my head spin?

Yella

Yella

TittyMan wrote:I don't see how anyone could alter the author's username on a quote except the forum admistrator?

Boards, are you wild_thing? Or are you Chrissy? Or are you manipulating the posts to make my head spin?

I doubt anybody here could successfully imitate chrissy except for herself.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:

I doubt anybody here could successfully imitate chrissy except for herself.

I'll accept that, yella. And that's what's confusing me. But the thing is, how can wild_thing get quoted and the quote have the name "chrissy8" on it?
I've never seen anything like that before, have you? Doesn't it seem odd to you that wild_thing is the one doing the posting but it's chrissy8 you're replying to?

Look if it's only me seeing things then I'll understand. Because since no one else is commenting on this that must be the case. Everyone else must not be seeing the name "chrissy8" on those wild_thing quotes. So if that's the case I guess I've now actually started to hallucinate.
That's it, I'm going on the wagon for good.

TittyMan and his sock Yomama wrote:Look if it's only me seeing things then I'll understand. Because since no one else is commenting on this that must be the case. Everyone else must not be seeing the name "chrissy8" on those wild_thing quotes. So if that's the case I guess I've now actually started to hallucinate.

Notice that I edited your name (added mine) in the first section. You can easily edit the area between the "quote" and the "/quote". You can edit others' quotes in your posts. To keep things clean, I routinely edit this area to keep it from looking like a response "tree".

Just keep the brackets around "quote" and "/quote".

(I see the Crissy8. I assumed that Yella edited the quote= area.

Last edited by Yomama on 6/23/2012, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yella

Yella

Yomama wrote:
TittyMan and his sock Yomama wrote:Look if it's only me seeing things then I'll understand. Because since no one else is commenting on this that must be the case. Everyone else must not be seeing the name "chrissy8" on those wild_thing quotes. So if that's the case I guess I've now actually started to hallucinate.

Notice that I edited your name (added mine) in the first section. You can easily edit the area between the "quote" and the "/quote". To keep things clean, I routinely edit this area to keep it from looking like a response "tree".

Just keep the brackets around "quote" and "/quote".

Oh, boy, now I"M confused. Huh?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Eric,

I'm as confused as yella. Because I understand that when I reply to a post and quote that post that I can edit the name of the author of the quote. But am I correct that only I (the person replying) has the capacity to edit that quote? Because if so, then here's what I don't understand. That would mean that only yella could edit the text of a posted reply he's making. And I know yella well enough to know he's not doing that. So how does the "wild_thing" quote get the name "chrissy8" on it when yella is not doing it?

TittyMan wrote:Eric,

I'm as confused as yella.

I just tried a "funny" edit but it wouldn't post. I can delete portions of an existing post as I did here, but I don't seem to be able to add text. Maybe I wasn't doing it right. I don't know how Yella's post had a Crissy8 in it if he didn't add it.

Yella wrote: Send Eric money... lots of it.

I tried to add text. Did it work?

Yep! You can change the poster name, and change his quote. Keep this in mind, because obviously, things can be "spoofed".

Last edited by Yomama on 6/23/2012, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eric,

Please explain which and whose post you tried to add text to. And what the text was.

TittyMan wrote:Eric,

Please explain which and whose post you tried to add text to. And what the text was.

Ok, I am going to take the post you just made and edit it. See my next post.

Also I wonder why neither "wild_thing" or "chrissy8" are not commenting on this?

TittyMan wrote:Eric, needs money, send him lots of it.

Now do a quote of this post and notice where I changed it in your "quote" reply.

Yomama wrote:
TittyMan wrote:Eric, needs money, send him lots of it.

Now do a quote of this post and notice where I changed it in your "quote" reply.

What I get is what you see above. What does that tell us?

TittyMan wrote:Also I wonder why neither "wild_thing" or "chrissy8" are not commenting on this?

Wild_Thing must be doing something else. She'll jump in when she sees this, most likely.

TittyMan wrote: What does that tell us?

Did you look at the coding between the brackets in your post? You can see the text I changed if you compare my post with the post I "quoted", then edited in MY post. You can only see this if you do a "quote" and edit the coding that is captured when you select the "quote" response.

It is difficult because if I described it using the brackets, the system software would assume it is someone's quote and treat it as such. Maybe I can do it as a graphic and show the differences. I'll do that.

Last edited by Yomama on 6/23/2012, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Here's the deal.

1. yes I know a member can edit his own post to have a quote be anything by anyone.

2. but a member cannot edit another member's post to change the text of that post.

3. that would indicate that only yella (or the forum admin) could have put chrissy's name on the wild_thing quote
IN YELLA'S POST.

4. But if yella had done that he would be telling us. So that can't be the explanation.

5. It's still a mystery. Do you agree?

TittyMan wrote:Here's the deal.

Yella is pulling your leg. He has pulled a LOT of legs in the past. Gotta be how it happened.

Yomama wrote:

Yella is pulling your leg. He has pulled a LOT of legs in the past. Gotta be how it happened.

If that is the explanation then the only people who could confirm it would be either wild_thing and/or chrissy.
And since both despise me I don't think they're gonna want to cooperate. lol

Yomama wrote:

I can't change your post, but I can change your quoted username and your quote in MY post... making it say anything.

[quote="Yomama"]
Yomama wrote:

I can't change your post, but I can change your quoted username and your quote in MY post... making it say anything.
I realize we can edit OUR OWN POSTS to say anything.

But if yella was doing this in his post, it doesn't add up. There's no logical sense in yella wanting to put chrissy's name on a wild_thing quote in his post. At least none that I can think of.
That would be like dick cheney firing a missile into the Pentagon. Neither one makes any sense. There is really no incentive that I can see for doing it.

and it gets even stranger. because the only way that would ever make any sense is for yelladawg to know that wild_thing and chrissy are one in the same person. But if you read wild_thing's words in all his posts, and then you read chrissy's words in all her posts, there aint no way in hell that one person wrote both poster's words.
They are different as night and day. The only possible way that could be is if this person (chrissy/wild_thing) is the most talented writer I have ever read. And I don't know how that could be because if so, that person could be making millions writing professionally.

TittyMan wrote: There is really no incentive that I can see for doing it.

I gave up trying to figure out Yella a long time ago. I like his humor. He has come up with some doozies!

Yomama wrote:
TittyMan wrote: There is really no incentive that I can see for doing it.

I gave up trying to figure out Yella a long time ago. I like his humor. He has come up with some doozies!
I love yella's humor too. He gets my goat all the time in person. lol

But whenever he gets my goat, and I then ask him to come clean, he always does.

So yella, did you edit the quotes in your posts and put "chrissy8" on the "wild_thing" quotes? lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum