Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama just handed Romney the win

+7
stormwatch89
Floridatexan
Sal
knothead
boards of FL
othershoe1030
TEOTWAWKI
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Nekochan

Nekochan

Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Neko is far from ignorant, Margin.

Neko doesn't even understand the phrase "I posted the link for the video content..." Further, Neko still can't explain how reiterating something that she said in the debate is backtracking.

It's OK, Margin. Even YOU are wrong sometimes!

I've explained several times how Crowley corrected herself with Cooper in admitting that Obama referred to "acts of terror" in the Rose Garden instead of calling the Libya attack an "act of terror" as she had insisted during the debate. The video clearly shows what I said to be true and the commentary in the link that YOU posted is spot on.
Again, thanks for posting the Crowley-Anderson exchange which confirms what I have said. No matter how you spin it, you have yourself posted a link backing up exactly what I have been saying on this thread.

Next week, the debate will be solely about foreign policy--and Crowley won't be there to wrongly correct Romney.

Dear God...you are flat-out bat-shit crazy.

So that is what you call someone when you post a link that backs up what you've been arguing against.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

Neko doesn't even understand the phrase "I posted the link for the video content..." Further, Neko still can't explain how reiterating something that she said in the debate is backtracking.

I've explained several times how Crowley corrected herself with Cooper in admitting that Obama referred to "acts of terror" in the Rose Garden instead of calling the Libya attack an "act of terror" as she had insisted during the debate. The video clearly shows what I said to be true and the commentary in the link that YOU posted is spot on.
Again, thanks for posting the Crowley-Anderson exchange which confirms what I have said. No matter how you spin it, you have yourself posted a link backing up exactly what I have been saying on this thread.

Next week, the debate will be solely about foreign policy--and Crowley won't be there to wrongly correct Romney.

So that is what you call someone when you post a link that backs up what you've been arguing against.

For the 3rd time, I posted the link for the video content, not for the nuttie talking points.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

For the 3rd time, I posted the link for the video content, not for the nuttie talking points.

And I told you that I saw the Crowley-Anderson exchange last night. She backtracked with Anderson Cooper when she admitted that she had not remembered exactly what Obama had said in the Rose Garden. And whether you intended to or not, you posted a link that backs up everything I've said about Crowley.

54Obama just handed Romney the win - Page 3 Empty Re: Obama just handed Romney the win 10/17/2012, 11:20 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

Nekochan wrote:
And I told you that I saw the Crowley-Anderson exchange last night. She backtracked with Anderson Cooper when she admitted that she had not remembered exactly what Obama had said in the Rose Garden.

You are digging a deeper hole. She never admitted that. Are you watching something that some nuttie has edited?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
And I told you that I saw the Crowley-Anderson exchange last night. She backtracked with Anderson Cooper when she admitted that she had not remembered exactly what Obama had said in the Rose Garden.

You are digging a deeper hole. She never admitted that. Are you watching something that some nuttie has edited?

Maybe you didn't understand the first and second time I told you that I watched the exchange between Crowley and Cooper last night. She backtracked, plain and simple. She went from saying that "he (Obama) did in fact call it an act of terror" during the debate to admitting to Cooper that she wasn't sure during the debate exactly what Obama had said in the Rose Garden. It's plain and clear what she said in the video link that you posted.

I'm not digging anything. You posted a link (video plus commentary) that supports the opposite of the point you've been arguing. You're the one who's dug a deep, deep hole and all your name calling and blustering doesn't change anything.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Maybe you didn't understand the first and second time I told you that I watched the exchange between Crowley and Cooper last night. She backtracked, plain and simple. She went from saying that "he (Obama) did in fact call it an act of terror" during the debate to admitting to Cooper that she wasn't sure during the debate exactly what Obama had said in the Rose Garden. It's plain and clear what she said in the video link that you posted.

I'm not digging anything. You posted a link (video plus commentary) that supports the opposite of the point you've been arguing. You're the one who's dug a deep, deep hole and all your name calling and blustering doesn't change anything.

She used the exact words that Obama spoke in the Rose Garden during the debate! You have a problem with the fact that she was accurate, especially when it mattered most. You are incorrigible. Truth and accuracy really are difficult propositions for the bonafides this go-around.

AND FOR THE FOURTH TIME...I POSTED THE LINK FOR THE VIDEO CONTENT ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are over the age of three, it should be crystal clear what that means. Clearly, I don't care what the commentary says...the author is as misinformed, mislead and lacking in a reasonable perspective as you are.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

She used the exact words that Obama spoke in the Rose Garden during the debate! You have a problem with the fact that she was accurate, especially when it mattered most. You are incorrigible. Truth and accuracy really are difficult propositions for the bonafides this go-around.

AND FOR THE FOURTH TIME...I POSTED THE LINK FOR THE VIDEO CONTENT ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are over the age of three, it should be crystal clear what that means. Clearly, I don't care what the commentary says...the author is as misinformed, mislead and lacking in a reasonable perspective as you are.

Now you're SHOUTING. Crowley was not accurate during the debate no matter how loudly you shout that she was right.

[quote="Margin Call"][quote="Nekochan"][quote="Margin Call"]
Nekochan wrote:
s. Clearly, I don't care what the commentary says...the author is as misinformed, mislead and lacking in a reasonable perspective as you are.

"The moderator in Tuesday night's presidential debate, after appearing to side with President Obama on the question of whether he called the Libya strike a terror attack from the start, conceded afterward that Mitt Romney was "right" on the broader point -- that the administration for days insisted it was a spontaneous act.
"He was right in the main. I just think he picked the wrong word," Candy Crowley said of Romney on CNN shortly after the debate ended."

Whatever, her job was to cover for BHO's missing teleprompter, she did and now it's over. What happened at the debate is just more political jabbering floating out in outerspace. Probably why earth has not been invaded - what intelligent alien would want to visit here, particularly during an election cycle.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Now you're SHOUTING. Crowley was not accurate during the debate no matter how loudly you shout that she was right.

Her exact words have been posted as have Obama's. I think this turkey sandwich I'm eating has more sense than you.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

On which outer galactic planet did Romney "win" the debate. He did not. He revealed himself even more for the public to understand what makes him tick. He's the epitome of the worst prescription for America that could possibly exist. His policies would only destroy any gains that have been made to right the economy. I hope, when he goes down, that he takes a bunch of members of Congress with him.

Neko it seem as if some people have a hard time comprehending the difference between a singular word and a plural word. That makes all the difference in the world.

Floridatexan wrote:
On which outer galactic planet did Romney "win" the debate. He did not. He revealed himself even more for the public to understand what makes him tick. He's the epitome of the worst prescription for America that could possibly exist. His policies would only destroy any gains that have been made to right the economy. I hope, when he goes down, that he takes a bunch of members of Congress with him.

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

And what of BHOs "policies"? He has no plan to even call a starting point. Sheeple.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Transcript of debate discussion about Libya attack:

OBAMA: Secretary Clinton has done an extraordinary job. But she works for me. I’m the president and I’m always responsible, and that’s why nobody’s more interested in finding out exactly what happened than I do.

The day after the attack, governor, I stood in the Rose Garden and I told the American people in the world that we are going to find out exactly what happened. That this was an act of terror and I also said that we’re going to hunt down those who committed this crime.

And then a few days later, I was there greeting the caskets coming into Andrews Air Force Base and grieving with the families.

And the suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our U.N. Ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we’ve lost four of our own, governor, is offensive. That’s not what we do. That’s not what I do as president, that’s not what I do as Commander in Chief.

CROWLEY: Governor, if you want to...

ROMNEY: Yes, I -- I...

CROWLEY: ... quickly to this please.

ROMNEY: I -- I think interesting the president just said something which -- which is that on the day after the attack he went into the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror.

OBAMA: That’s what I said.

ROMNEY: You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror.

It was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you’re saying?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

ROMNEY: I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.

OBAMA: Get the transcript.

CROWLEY: It -- it -- it -- he did in fact, sir. So let me -- let me call it an act of terror...

OBAMA: Can you say that a little louder, Candy?

CROWLEY: He -- he did call it an act of terror. It did as well take -- it did as well take two weeks or so for the whole idea there being a riot out there about this tape to come out. You are correct about that.

ROMNEY: This -- the administration -- the administration indicated this was a reaction to a video and was a spontaneous reaction.

CROWLEY: It did.

ROMNEY: It took them a long time to say this was a terrorist act by a terrorist group. And to suggest -- am I incorrect in that regard, on Sunday, the -- your secretary --

OBAMA: Candy?

ROMNEY: Excuse me. The ambassador of the United Nations went on the Sunday television shows and spoke about how --

OBAMA: Candy, I’m --

ROMNEY: -- this was a spontaneous --

CROWLEY: Mr. President, let me --

OBAMA: I’m happy to have a longer conversation --

CROWLEY: I know you --

OBAMA: -- about foreign policy.

CROWLEY: Absolutely. But I want to -- I want to move you on and also --

OBAMA: OK. I’m happy to do that, too.

CROWLEY: -- the transcripts and --

OBAMA: I just want to make sure that --

CROWLEY: -- figure out what we --

OBAMA: -- all of these wonderful folks are going to have a chance to get some of their questions answered.

Crowley to Cooper, after the debate: "We knew that the President had said 'these acts of terror won't stand' or whatever the quote was."

I already posted the entire transcript of what Obama said in the Rose Garden. In that speech, he spoke about 9/11/2001 and then he referred to acts of terror. Obama did not call the Libya attack an "act of terror", but he did made a general reference to "acts of terror" in his Rose Garden speech.

There is a difference between making a general reference to "acts of terror" in a speech than calling a particular attack an "act of terror", which Obama did not do in his Rose Garden speech. Crowley got it wrong during the debate, but she got it right when she spoke with Anderson Cooper after the debate. And those are the facts, in black and white, no matter how much you want to dispute it. And-you did post a link which in every way went against the point you were trying to make. No matter how you try to twist and spin it, that is what you did. Your link went against your own argument.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Neko it seem as if some people have a hard time comprehending the difference between a singular word and a plural word. That makes all the difference in the world.

Seems the nutties can't figure out that a plural is made up of more than one singular and when discussing one of the singulars, one should never refer to it in the plural. ENG 101.

Nekochan wrote:

There is a difference between making a general reference to "acts of terror" in a speech than calling a particular attack an "act of terror", which Obama did not do in his Rose Garden speech. Crowley got it wrong during the debate, but she got it right when she spoke with Anderson Cooper after the debate. And those are the facts, in black and white, no matter how much you want to dispute it. And-you did post a link which in every way went against the point you were trying to make. No matter how you try to twist and spin it, that is what you did. Your link went against your own argument.

Neko, I'm on your side!!!!!!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Neko it seem as if some people have a hard time comprehending the difference between a singular word and a plural word. That makes all the difference in the world.

Apparently you are right.
Crowley and Obama were right during the debate only if the attack in Libya was "acts of terror".

Sal

Sal

Un-fucking-believable. Is comprehending the English language beyond the average wingnut's paygrade?

Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe. No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. - Obama | September 12, 2012

Seeing as how this was a press conference on Benghazi, just to whom do you think "civilian and military who represent us around the globe" refers, immediately preceding the reference to "acts of terror"? To whom do you think the "four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America" refers, immediately following the reference to "acts of terror"? See if you can connect the dots.

“So what I want all of you to know is that we are going to bring those who killed our fellow Americans to justice. I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America.” - Obama | September 13, 2012

Oops. This one's in the singular, so I guess it doesn't need to be parsed.

I have never seen people be so block-headed and obstinate about something which is so glaringly obvious. I've seen this behavior before from Neko. She's simply incapable of admitting when she's wrong. On the other hand, I'm genuinely embarrassed for you, Ghost.

Last edited by salinsky on 10/17/2012, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Margin Call wrote:

Seems the nutties can't figure out that a plural is made up of more than one singular and when discussing one of the singulars, one should never refer to it in the plural. ENG 101.

Tell it to Obama and Crowley. Rolling Eyes

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:

Un-fucking-believable. Is comprehending the English language beyond the average wingnut's paygrade?

Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe. No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. - Obama | September 12, 2012

Seeing as how this was a press conference on Benghazi, just to whom do you think "civilian and military who represent us around the globe" refers, immediately preceding the reference to "acts of terror"? To whom do you think the "four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America" refers, immediately following the reference to "acts of terror"? See if you can connect the dots.

“So what I want all of you to know is that we are going to bring those who killed our fellow Americans to justice. I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America.” - Obama | September 13, 2012

Oops. This one's in the singular, so I guess it doesn't need to be parsed.

I have never seen people be so block-headed and obstinate about something which is so glaringly obvious. I've seen this behavior before from Neko. She's simply incapable of admitting when she's wrong. On the other hand, I'm genuinely embarrassed for you, Ghost.

Really, TB? LOL.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Nekochan wrote:

Crowley and Obama were right during the debate only if the attack in Libya was "acts of terror".

Proper English dictates that "the attack" would never be referred to as the plural "acts" in this context. Get it: Libya embassy = one ACT. Libya plus 9/11 = ACTS.

salinsky wrote: On the other hand, I'm genuinely embarrassed for you, Ghost.[/font]

Don't be embarrassed for me Sally, it is well with my sole. His statement was "acts of terror". Did more than one attack occur in Benghazi. No it was a singular "act of terrorism". He was referring to acts of terrorism collectively.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Ghost_Rider1 wrote: He was referring to acts of terrorism collectively.

No shit! And you think attacking an embassy doesn't fit the definition of "terrorism"...or should it be "terrorisms".

Nekochan

Nekochan

Margin Call wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Proper English dictates that "the attack" would never be referred to as the plural "acts" in this context. Get it: Libya embassy = one ACT. Libya plus 9/11 = ACTS.

The problem with your reasoning is that Obama didn't specify. In fact, 9/11/2001 consisted of several "acts" of terror.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Don't be embarrassed for me Sally, it is well with my sole. His statement was "acts of terror". Did more than one attack occur in Benghazi. No it was a singular "act of terrorism". He was referring to acts of terrorism collectively.

Anyone with reading comprehension can see that Obama was putting Chris Stevens’ death in the same category as 9/11 as ACTS OF TERROR, you moron.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Nekochan wrote:

The problem with your reasoning is that Obama didn't specify. In fact, 9/11/2001 consisted of several "acts" of terror.

You should have kept reading the Rose Garden transcript:

Obama just handed Romney the win - Page 3 Captur11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum