Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 million children in Afghanistan stunted by starvation

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_bn12#/video/world/2012/10/15/coren-afghanistan-stunting.cnn

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Maybe their government should invest in food instead of RPG's.
But then again, think of all the money they save from not buying razors, bacon, soap, and life insurance.
Could you imagine owning a life insurance company in afghanistan? You'd go broke in one day. Speaking of hunger. I need to buy dog food tomorrow. I'm almost out and I don't want my dog to think that I don't care about her dietary needs.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm with john mccain. I think we need to keep occupying the place for another hundred years. the last thing we wanna do is, in the words of that illustrious commander-in-chief George W. Bush, cut and run before the job is done. I'm with the neocons. We need to remake Afghanistan in our own image. And anything short of that is cutting and running before the job is dunning.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I'm with john mccain. I think we need to keep occupying the place for another hundred years. the last thing we wanna do is, in the words of that illustrious commander-in-chief George W. Bush, cut and run before the job is done. I'm with the neocons. We need to remake Afghanistan in our own image. And anything short of that is cutting and running before the job is dunning.

Those children will be a lot less formidable as soldiers when they mature since we will probably still be at war with Afghanistan at that time.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

From a Monster in his own words... ....

I think a curse should rest on me —
because I love this war. I know it's smashing and shattering the lives
of thousands every moment — and yet — I can't help it — I enjoy every
second of it.

WINSTON CHURCHILL, letter to a friend, 1916

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:I'm with john mccain. I think we need to keep occupying the place for another hundred years. the last thing we wanna do is, in the words of that illustrious commander-in-chief George W. Bush, cut and run before the job is done. I'm with the neocons. We need to remake Afghanistan in our own image. And anything short of that is cutting and running before the job is dunning.

Those children will be a lot less formidable as soldiers when they mature since we will probably still be at war with Afghanistan at that time.

In order for us human
beings to commit ourselves personally to the inhumanity of war, we find
it necessary first to dehumanize our opponents, which is in itself a
violation of the beliefs of all religions. Once we characterize our
adversaries as beyond the scope of God's mercy and grace, their lives
lose all value. We deny personal responsibility when we plant landmines
and, days or years later, a stranger to us — often a child – is crippled
or killed. From a great distance, we launch bombs or missiles with
almost total impunity, and never want to know the number or identity of
the victims.

JIMMY CARTER, Nobel Lecture, Dec. 10, 2002

what a shame. I bet not one child went hungry before we went over there?

There are so many starving people all over the world its overwhelming

I know how you could help though

there are thousands of christian charities that mission and feed the hungry all over the world. perhaps you could donate to one?

or maybe you already do?

I think giving to charities is one of the best things we can do as human beings.

no stress

no stress

Rogue wrote:what a shame. I bet not one child went hungry before we went over there?

there are thousands of christian charities that mission and feed the hungry all over the world. perhaps you could donate to one?

or maybe you already do?

I think giving to charities is one of the best things we can do as human beings.

Absolutely!! There are many that should put their money where their mouth is. I remember olddaze bragging about going to the salvation army on Thanksgiving and spooning out food to the homeless like he was a fucking saint or something. He used to chastise me because I dont particularly care for them considering the stats on where they come from. Ole bastard didnt know that my wife and I donate thousands of hours per year to a local non profit.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Rogue wrote:what a shame. I bet not one child went hungry before we went over there?

or maybe you already do?

Every gun that is made,
every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final
sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold
and are not clothed.

DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER, speech, Apr. 16, 1953

[quote=\"Gunz\"][quote=\"Rogue\"]what a shame. I bet not one child went hungry before we went over there?

or maybe you already do?

I think giving to charities is one of the best things we can do as human beings.[/quote]

Absolutely!! There are many that should put their money where their mouth is. I remember olddaze bragging about going to the salvation army on Thanksgiving and spooning out food to the homeless like he was a fucking saint or something. He used to chastise me because I dont particularly care for them considering the stats on where they come from. Ole bastard didnt know that my wife and I donate thousands of hours per year to a local non profit.[/quote]

its to easy to complain of whats wrong with the world. as americans we only have two things we can do, and that is. do our best to elect people who will make things better. the other thing is to do as we preach, and that is give from our own pockets freely to those things we wish another to make right. some people may say this isnt enough. well its a start and it beats nothing at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum