Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

its 9 am monday mornng and the servers are messed up again, PB and Ghost

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wish theyd get this fixed cause im sick and tired of having to post with this cellphone

Bob wrote:I wish they'd get this fixed cause i'm sick and tired of having to post with this cellphone

We need to think of away to blame BP then we can sue for emotional distress. After all this is a certified addiction

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:I wish theyd get this fixed cause im sick and tired of having to post with this cellphone

I know, Bob. They were gone for about 15 minutes for me. I've tried everything except the DNS change. That makes me a little nervous, and some of the posters on the forumotion.com site say it hasn't helped anyway.

Again even today I have not had any issue logging in. I was not aware of the outage Saturday until PB posted it here. I'm not really sure of what is happening.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well at least this time it was a short outage for me. So they must be getting better at the troubleshooting.

on a good note. this started effecting me this morning.

I will probaly be gone as none of my home devices worked for hours this morning.

Thought I would bring the happy news to you all.

Take care.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Rogue wrote:on a good note. this started effecting me this morning.

I will probaly be gone as none of my home devices worked for hours this morning.

Take care.
Chrissy I for one would greatly miss your sense of the dramatic if that was to happen. Stay, Chrissy, stay. Don't let those nerdy server boogeymen bluff you into leaving. lol

And the same goes for the rest of you. Remember, if you stop posting the nerdy boogeymen win. We can let that happen now can we. We must prevail.

Last edited by Bob on 10/15/2012, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Bob wrote:

Take care.
Chrissy I for one would greatly miss your sense of the dramatic if that was to happen. Stay, Chrissy, stay. lol

i dont have a choice dumbass. I personally think someone has set settings or done something to cause this to ocure

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

OK, now I'm a little bit ticked.

Forumotion says the issue has been fixed for ten-plus hours. They say it is a
"DNS glitch."

HOWEVER, they are throwing the solution back on the forum users. The instructions are complex, and involve changing the ipconfig status, flushing the DNS cache from the hostfile through the CMD prompt, and so on.

I just wrote them a note to let them know that not many forum members are savvy enough (I know I'm not!) to feel comfortable fiddling with the hostfile and so on.

I'm probably going to move my little forum, ouroasis.com, to another provider. I can't do it today (too busy), but I don't want this to happen again.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 10/15/2012, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names (like dumbass) only hurt my feelings. lol

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Rogue wrote:
Bob wrote:

Take care.
Chrissy I for one would greatly miss your sense of the dramatic if that was to happen. Stay, Chrissy, stay. lol

i dont have a choice dumbass. I personally think someone has set settings or done something to cause this to ocure

No, Chrissy, it's nothing that sinister. Forumotion has changed at least one domain name server, that's all. It's not a local issue, either - it's worldwide.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:

HOWEVER, they are throwing the solution back on the forum users. The instructions are complex, and involve changing the ipconfig status, flushing the DNS cache from the hostfile through the CMD prompt, and so on.
The only thing I know how to "flush" does not involve computers. Unless this shit keeps up and then I'm gonna flush the computer down too.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If those geeks at forumotion ever had to post with a cellphone they'd know how mindnumbingly frustrating that is.

Bob wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

The only thing I know how to "flush" does not involve computers. Unless this shit keeps up and then I'm gonna flush the computer down too.

Don't waste your hard earned money by flushing the computer, it ain't the computers fault.

As of yet, I am still not having an issue.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:If those geeks at forumotion ever had to post with a cellphone they'd know how mindnumbingly frustrating that is.

I'll admit I'm geeky, but I don't know how to speak computer geek-ese. They make is sound so simple. It wouldn't be for me.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Don't waste your hard earned money by flushing the computer, it ain't the computers fault.

As of yet, I am still not having an issue.

Oh....one more thing. Forumotion is suggesting it may be an IP cache problem. Now how the heck are we going to get our IP's to flush their cache, I wonder?

Sounds like they are blaming everyone but themselves!

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Okay.....the forumotion techs are trying really hard to fix this problem.

For now, they advise rebooting your computer, your internet connection and your modem. You probably know the drill: unplug the modem for a few minutes then plug it back in. You may need to repeat this three or four times, unfortunately.

Then, go into the "tools" section of whatever browser you are using and delete the cache and cookies. This may need to be repeated, too.

Apparently, some ISPs have not yet registered the domain name server change. Somehow, the above steps are supposed to help. Don't ask me how!!!! It beats going in to the hostfile, and so forth. affraid

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote: how the heck are we going to get our IP's to flush their cache, I wonder?
I'm not gonna do that. Every time I flush something I shouldn't I end up having to call rotorooter.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote: how the heck are we going to get our IP's to flush their cache, I wonder?
I'm not gonna do that. Every time I flush something I shouldn't I end up having to call rotorooter.

Do I even want to know the various items you have flushed? Shocked

apparently all you have to do is use a proxy server.

I learned something new.

Now good night.

Smile

Rogue wrote:apparently all you have to do is use a proxy server.

I learned something new.

Now good night.

Smile

Well Chrissy good luck with signing on using a proxy server. Unless forumotion has changed some their settings signing on under a proxy will not happen.

I have tried signing on with "Hide My Ass" and a couple more proxies and the log in screen does not recognize my log on credentials.

So again, good luck.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Rogue wrote:apparently all you have to do is use a proxy server.

I learned something new.

Now good night.

Smile

Well Chrissy good luck with signing on using a proxy server. Unless forumotion has changed some their settings signing on under a proxy will not happen.

I have tried signing on with "Hide My Ass" and a couple more proxies and the log in screen does not recognize my log on credentials.

So again, good luck.

sweety, thts how i am on now. it was the only way i could get on. its a little weird, i dont care for it so iope they fix it but i went through a proxy

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Thread bumped for SeaOat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum