Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hannity Cares, LOL

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hannity Cares, LOL Empty Hannity Cares, LOL 8/18/2021, 7:08 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sean Hannity Pitches My Pillow to Americans With Family in Afghanistan

The rapid fall of Afghanistan has led to a lot of people saying a lot of things over the past few days. Sean Hannity may have just topped them all.

On his radio, Hannity discussed the situation in Kabul as the United States works to extract Americans as well as Afghan citizens who worked with the U.S. over the last 20 years. In lamenting the situation, the Fox News host wound up taking a strange detour. Hannity plugged My Pillow for Americans losing sleep over having family members in Kabul. It was ... weird to say the least.

Here's what he had to say:

"How would you like to be in Kabul today, as an American, and you can't get to the airport? Where are you thinking your life is headed? If you're one of those family members, I bet you're not sleeping. I don't even think My Pillow can do it. MyPillow.com. That's where I go. I fall asleep faster, I stay asleep longer. These are going to be a lot of sleepless nights for so many of our fellow Americans. We've got to get them home."

Whew boy that's awkward. Making a plug for a sponsor in the middle of discussing a potential humanitarian crisis? Maybe not the best idea.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sean-hannity-pitches-my-pillow-to-americans-with-family-in-afghanistan/ar-AANqObz?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

zsomething likes this post

2 Hannity Cares, LOL Empty Re: Hannity Cares, LOL 8/19/2021, 2:26 am

RealLindaL

"Making a plug for a sponsor in the middle of discussing a potential humanitarian crisis? Maybe not the best idea."

Understatement of the month.

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

3 Hannity Cares, LOL Empty Re: Hannity Cares, LOL 8/19/2021, 8:33 am

zsomething

Good lord. That's freakin' shameless. That's so shameless even FOX viewers should have noticed how crass it was. "Today's hand-wringing is brought to you by Isotoner Gloves™, the best gloves for hand-wringing! And now I'll fill a bucket with crocodile tears. I get all my buckets at Home Depot®, the best place for buckets!"

And I can already see Hannity meeting up with his handlers, going, "How long do you think I need to pretend I care about the Afghans before I go into 'Biden's going to bring them here to live with us and imperil the future of our white children' mode? I know Tucker's gone into it already, but I don't want to step on Tucker's shtick."

The whole thing's breaking a little too much kayfabe and revealing that Hannity's really just a product salesman, selling outrage to keep idiots waiting around to see the next commercial.

The awkwardness of it reminds me of something I saw on the local news a few years back. There was a story on about a toddler who'd gotten lost in the woods, and people had been scouring the woods on four-wheelers and walking for almost a week, trying to find the kid. There were interviews with very tired, worried people, some of them crying because they said that hopes of finding the kid alive now were pretty slim and they were just hoping for closure. Then they went back to the news girl who had to find a segue to get to the weather report, so she said, "So terrible and sad. But at least if you had to be out in the woods looking for a child's body, we've got good weather for it, right, Dan?" And the meteorologist just had to sit there for a second. The newsgirl wasn't meaning to be a horrible person or anything, she was just on the spot and came up with the worst damn thing to say... Still one of the most awkward things I've ever seen, but Hannity's impromptu pillow-shilling is right up there.

Floridatexan, Telstar and RealLindaL like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum