Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Oliver drops bombs on bigoty-ass Tucker Carlson, leaves smoking crater

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zsomething

Daaaaaammmmmn, baby. This was a slaughter. Took the dude apart and backed it all up.

Tucker's got a use in the world, though -- he's a barometer. It tells you who's a piece of shit not worth your time. If they like Tucker, they redline the needle on the are-you-a-shitbag meter.

What's crazy is, Tucker's fans don't even realize exactly what they're buying into. That happens a lot with right-wingers.

Floridatexan and Telstar like this post

gatorfan

zsomething wrote:Daaaaaammmmmn, baby.  This was a slaughter.  Took the dude apart and backed it all up.

Tucker's got a use in the world, though -- he's a barometer.  It tells you who's a piece of shit not worth your time.  If they like Tucker, they redline the needle on the are-you-a-shitbag meter.  

What's crazy is, Tucker's fans don't even realize exactly what they're buying into.  That happens a lot with right-wingers.  

Like left-wingers don't latch onto nut cases too? So much bias. Besides TC is in the entertainment industry, I'm sure he loves just riling up the hypersensitive left wingers. It's pretty easy, just like the righties.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

1) Why did Tucker's voice never change? Why does he still sound like he's in high school?

2) Someone needs to be reminded of this:

zsomething likes this post

zsomething

gatorfan wrote:

Like left-wingers don't latch onto nut cases too? So much bias. Besides TC is in the entertainment industry, I'm sure he loves just riling up the hypersensitive left wingers. It's pretty easy, just like the righties.

I don't know of any left-winger who (A) obsesses nearly as many left-wingers as much as right-wing talking heads obsess their audience, and (B) is peddling the kind of poison Tucker Carlson does.

Honestly, left-wing and right-wing have two different personality types. Right-wingers are far more drawn to being "told" things. They like to be told stories, they like being led. That's why left-wing talk radio has never really caught on, even though, demographically, the country leans slightly more liberal. Remember "Air America," that was an attempt to counter Limbaugh/Hannity/Levin? It never caught on, and not because there's not an audience for it, but because that audience doesn't feel the need for a "shepherd." I trace that back to church, really... church is a training ground for abdicating a lot of your own decision-making to someone else.

The closest I can think of on the left would be Rachel Maddow, I guess. I don't even watch her, and know few people who do on a regular basis, but she does have fans. I've checked her out before, and she's not comparable to Tucker. She sticks pretty much exclusively to facts, and there's not a whole lot of conjecture. Tucker's almost ALL conjecture. He's "the boogeyman is comin'!" and he plays witch-doctor to stir up terror over all kinds of things that might happen, and a heavy reliance on confirmation bias -- his audience already thinks that they're "losing their world" to folks with more melanin, and he just tells 'em "Yep!" and the money rolls right in. Maddow seems pretty good at what she does, but her audience doesn't seem to watch her in the same way that Tucker's do to his show.

So, I dunno. I don't think there's nearly the same level of "taking orders from the TV" on the left as there is on the right. The left does have some kooks -- every group does, and the left's irritate me almost as much as the right's -- but is there really anything that gets even close to something like "QAnon" over there? I don't think movements like that find much fertile ground to grow in on the left. Like I said, it's a different personality type. I don't think it's an equivalent problem.

Meanwhile, shouldn't the right be rejecting a guy like Tucker more? We agree he's a nutcase... so why does he get the most ratings on FOX, if he's not representing something a lot of the right's got a market for?

Floridatexan and RealLindaL like this post

5John Oliver drops bombs on bigoty-ass Tucker Carlson, leaves smoking crater Empty Nielsen's February Ratings 3/16/2021, 12:03 pm

RealLindaL

And yet...per Nielsen's February 2021 ratings (BBM):

"MSNBC drew the most total day viewers in February, beating all other cable networks in the ratings yardstick, while The Rachel Maddow Show was the top regularly scheduled show."

"All the networks highlighted milestones: MSNBC said that this was the first time they have been #1 in all of cable for total day viewers, which is the 6 AM-6AM time period, Monday through Sunday. CNN said it had its most watched February in primetime and total day viewers. Fox News said that it was number one in all of cable primetime so far this year.

"In daytime (9 AM to 4 PM), MSNBC topped total viewers with an average of 1.53 million, followed by CNN with 1.51 million and Fox News with 1.39 million. CNN was up 92% compared to the previous year, MSNBC rose 51% and Fox News was down by 35%. In the 25-54 demo, CNN topped with an average of 345,000, followed by MSNBC with 231,000 and Fox News with 208,000."

February Ratings: MSNBC Tops In Total Day Viewers, CNN Wins Key Demo, Fox News Takes Primetime

MY NOTES:  
When judging the relative value of prime time, it may be wise to keep in mind just how many more people are now working from home, or out of work, period.  Who knows when they're viewing??
We knew Fox News had lost viewership, but this is substantial.  Only wish it could be way more, and that OAN and Newsmax would soon follow in losses.

Floridatexan and zsomething like this post

Telstar

Telstar

Remember that Carlson was a big favorite with Markle, the former member who was booted for spamming reicht wing propaganda on this forum.

Floridatexan likes this post

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum