Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rancher seems to have won this round

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story?id=23302610

Yep

Nekochan

Nekochan

I still don't agree with the rancher. He should pay his fees!! But it would be tragic if anything violent happened.

It was Obamas chance to create a scenario where a national crisis would occur and he backed down. Something is amiss and it seems like they (the Feds) were trying to gauge public sentiment on this and thought that nobody cared and found out they were wrong.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:It was Obamas chance to create a scenario where a national crisis would occur and he backed down. Something is amiss and it seems like they (the Feds) were trying to gauge public sentiment on this and thought that nobody cared and found out they were wrong.

So, you are tying the President to this nut? You are more cuckoo than we ever thought....

Rancher seems to have won this round  Cuckoo10

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 4/13/2014, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

This is a significant victory for the people.

I don't think many of us understand how public lands work. This is our first problem in understanding this case. If it was simple trespassing they would have just arrested him decades ago. This is not the case.

I do think the American people are getting very tired of all the federal encroachments to their liberty.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He hasn't been paying his fees to graze his cattle on public land...since 1998. How is that any kind of violation of his "liberty"?

He has been paying his fees and the BLM decided to change the agreement with him without consultation or hearing. The BLM has not always existed either.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:He has been paying his fees and the BLM decided to change the agreement with him without consultation or hearing. The BLM has not always existed either.

it is a good learning experience since this occurred in the middle of nowhere.

Harry Reid must be fuming mad lol

It brings to question what would happen if similar situation happened in the inner city. Im sure the feds have thought of that.

The American spirit isn't dead.

And it looks like the cowboys are going to be the first to show us how the west was won "again".

I doubt it... unfortunately. Just as the blm moved into a century old arrangement under any pretense... the govt will simply continue to progress in some matter of greater control or another... in collusion with monied interests of course.

There are just too many fronts and too few that care... hell we see right here seemingly bright people supporting it.

I agree with Crow. Had this been the city or suburbs, it would have been BAD for the feds from the start. This took place in BFE and people still showed up to support a man they had never heard of before...

The feds, Harry Reid and the Chinese underestimated the will of the people and are probably scratching their collective arses wondering what happened.

PkrBum wrote:I doubt it... unfortunately. Just as the blm moved into a century old arrangement under any pretense... the govt will simply continue to progress in some matter of greater control or another... in collusion with monied interests of course.

There are just too many fronts and too few that care... hell we see right here seemingly bright people supporting it.

I know. but a part of me deep down wants to believe we can somehow get back part of what we lost without a bloody revolution. Because you know sooner or later as history teaches us, the oppressed will revolt.

It appears this ordeal has rekindled the sagebrush rebellion that has been going on between the state and the feds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagebrush_rebels

Im off to work now....  Smile  hugs

I think that the feds want civil unrest. They want to pull out all the ammo they have bought and the cool toys Uncle Barack given them to use as well. Thing is this......330 million armed citizens probably have 2x the ammo the feds have and just as many weapons. And the military/police will not play in this arena....watch and see. Uncle Barack is gonna have to hope his DHS can handle the task and I'm believing that there's no way.

crow wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I doubt it... unfortunately. Just as the blm moved into a century old arrangement under any pretense... the govt will simply continue to progress in some matter of greater control or another... in collusion with monied interests of course.

I know. but a part of me deep down wants to believe we can somehow get back part of what we lost without a bloody revolution. Because you know sooner or later as history teaches us, the oppressed will revolt.

It appears this ordeal has rekindled the sagebrush rebellion that has been going on between the state and the feds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagebrush_rebels

Im off to work now....  Smile  hugs

Have a nice day at work..!! On the people resisting however... the left has fomented a much larger herd that buys into class warfare et al. If there ever were a serious revolt... I think it'll be further left... at least that's the historic pattern.

Yeah but none of the leftists believe in gun ownership and if someone gave them a weapon they would have no clue how to use it. The only area they can control are the cities.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I think that the feds want civil unrest. They want to pull out all the ammo they have bought and the cool toys Uncle Barack given them to use as well. Thing is this......330 million armed citizens probably have 2x the ammo the feds have and just as many weapons. And the military/police will not play in this arena....watch and see. Uncle Barack is gonna have to hope his DHS can handle the task and I'm believing that there's no way.

I'm thankful you're not a general! Your assessment pointedly ignored how many tanks and attack aircraft, plus artillery, the cowboys had at hand. How many AR 15s are negated by a Bradley or an Abrams? Yessirree sir, the country that's been fighting for more than 10 years really isn't up to handling a few hundred militia and some cowboys .... how's that for pucker factor, nutcase?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I am flat amazed that none of the tighty righties here want to acknowledge that this rancher was just refusing to pay grazing fees.  His "rights" do not allow him to use federal land for his own purposes without paying what are nominal fees to do so...the only reason he's so far in debt is that he's refused to pay for several years.  

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2014/04/14/cliven-bundy-has-no-claim-to-federal-land-and-grazing/

"...The federal courts have struck down every challenge Bundy has made about his claims, and has issued not one, but two, court orders to remove his trespass cattle. It’s not his land and he has no right to graze it.

The simple truth of the matter is that Bundy is a freeloading, welfare rancher who has an inflated sense of entitlement. It also appears that he and his supporters’ use of threats and intimidation likely violated several federal laws. Inasmuch as they used (such as pointed) weapons to cause the government back down, it can be considered an armed insurrection..."

---------------------------

by Wordslinger Yesterday at 7:49 pm
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I think that the feds want civil unrest. They want to pull out all the ammo they have bought and the cool toys Uncle Barack given them to use as well. Thing is this......330 million armed citizens probably have 2x the ammo the feds have and just as many weapons. And the military/police will not play in this arena....watch and see. Uncle Barack is gonna have to hope his DHS can handle the task and I'm believing that there's no way.

I'm thankful you're not a general! Your assessment pointedly ignored how many tanks and attack aircraft, plus artillery, the cowboys had at hand. How many AR 15s are negated by a Bradley or an Abrams? Yessirree sir, the country that's been fighting for more than 10 years really isn't up to handling a few hundred militia and some cowboys .... how's that for pucker factor, nutcase?
--------
So you really think that Obama has the support of the military ? Really? Do you think that for one moment all those generals and admirals are just going to chuck their oath to the Constituton over ranch land and land grab by Harry Reid and the Chinese? Lol

FT,
You should really like him if he is freeloading as you say. That's your sort of ilk.

I understand where you're coming from, FloridaTexan, but I think this guy is one of those "I'm standing on principle!" types. He's espousing territory over state and state over federal. Very much still locked into the practices of the old west if you ask me.

Probably a lot of mishandling on both sides with some Harry Reid tossed in to the mix.

He says he never had a contract. But at some point I'm sure either the state or feds gave him one so that business could be carried out.

Can we hear him saying, "My great grandfather's handshake was good enough!"

It's a lifestyle, age, "principled", disagreement.

What I don't understand is the "millions" he owes. I have an acquaintance who has cattle grazing on a federal arsenal and he pays a $1 a year lease to the feds.

I have to think there's more to this than simply meets the eye. And I always wonder what greater thing is being ignored while this is in the news.

Lord forbid grass gets eaten before it grows tall and dies... oh the horror..!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://theweek.com/article/index/259997/speedreads-glenn-beck-and-tucker-carlson-warn-conservatives-about-bundy-ranch-dispute

When it all boils down, what's left in the pan is that Bundy hasn't paid his fees, the same fees hundreds of other ranchers pay.

Kind of like Wesley Snipes refusing to pay his taxes.

It's strange how Pacedog and Herr Markle whine about all the takers in American society, but isn't that exactly what Bundy is?

Bundy's been ripping the rest of us taxpayers off for years, so how is he different from someone who exploits welfare?

Really, fees hundreds of others pay? He's the only rancher left in Nevada that uses those lands. Quit your bellyaching.

The Feds need to honor their agreement with him that he AGREED to

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:FT,
You should really like him if he is freeloading as you say. That's your sort of ilk.

Take your cheap shots, little tin man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum