Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Markle and other disillusioned Repugs: No! Obama did not have control of Congress his first two years!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

NaNook wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
PkrBum wrote:60 is needed for cloture to end filibuster... that is not what is needed to pass legislation.

these rules prevent either side from complete control... excluding reconciliation which was used to pass obamacare.

The dems have controlled the senate by majority since 2007... it's not supposed to be a rubber stamp for either party.

We weren't talking about that. He said the dems controlled both houses for two years.

Actually, it was FOUR years, two with President Barack Hussein Obama.

In the 110th Congress, (Jan. 2007 to Jan. 2009)the breakdown in the House is 239 Democrats (including four Delegates) and 200 Republicans (including the Resident Commissioner).

The Senate has 49 Democrats; two Independents, who have aligned themselves with the Democrats; and 49 Republicans.

In the 111th Congress (Jan 2009 to Jan. 2011) the current party breakdown in the House is 233 Democrats and 202 Republicans.

The Senate had 57 Democrats 2 independents who vote with the Democrats and 41 Republicans

In the current, 112th Congress (Jan. 2011 to Jan. 2013) the current party breakdown in the House is 191 Democrats and 241 Republicans and 3 vacancies.

The Senate has 53 Democrats and 47 Republicans and 2 Independents who caucus and vote with the Democrats.

Didn't President Barack Hussein Obama campaign on being so good at reaching across the aisle? Hmmmm...I guess not so much.

Try again Dreamsglore.

You believe that the country should be run like Cuba or North Korea with a dictatorship?

That our country became the greatest nation the world has ever seen using the system you deplore is irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant to you. Why is that?

Dreamsglore...IF the legislation proposed by the Democrats had any merit at all, don't you think the great unifier, President Barack Hussein Obama could have persuaded a few Republicans to vote with his master plan?

Do you think it MIGHT have something to do with his arrogance and divisiveness starting from day one. In spite of that he got everything he wanted past those first two years. And look where we are...chaos in domestic and foreign policies.

I'm glad to see you finally admit, Markle that your party has no interest in what's best for the American people but rather w/ personality contests w/ the President. No, he didn't get everything he wanted. You can spin that garbage about chaos and foreign domestic policy but he got a Nobel Peace Prize. No matter what you say the rest of the world apparently feels differently. LOL!

NOBEL PEACE PRIZE, are you serious? It's as funny as Krugman winning the Economic Prize from a Bank. Proof of the dumbing down of society....let's try again....

Too bad other people don't agree w/ you. He got it and they don't care what you say! LOL!

lol... what did obama accomplish that deserved the nobel peace prize?

it just proved that the prize no longer has any value or significance.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

Dreamsglore...IF the legislation proposed by the Democrats had any merit at all, don't you think the great unifier, President Barack Hussein Obama could have persuaded a few Republicans to vote with his master plan?

Do you think it MIGHT have something to do with his arrogance and divisiveness starting from day one. In spite of that he got everything he wanted past those first two years. And look where we are...chaos in domestic and foreign policies.

I'm glad to see you finally admit, Markle that your party has no interest in what's best for the American people but rather w/ personality contests w/ the President. No, he didn't get everything he wanted. You can spin that garbage about chaos and foreign domestic policy but he got a Nobel Peace Prize. No matter what you say the rest of the world apparently feels differently. LOL!

For Markle and other disillusioned Repugs: No! Obama did not have control of Congress his first two years! - Page 2 HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

You just can't make these things up! I wonder how the Nobel Committee feel today about that award given after President Obama had been in office for two weeks?

Our allies killing our own troops, the Middle East on fire. Al Qaeda planning and executing a fatal attack on our ambassador and three civilians on our own soil because they were denied security by this administration.

Do you believe President Barack Hussein Obama should be a dictator, in order to "straighten out" our country and then return to a democracy?

i can only assume that he was given the prize for his campaign promises... which were a total disconnect with reality. but put in the context of collectivist ideology and the faith that requires... maybe that makes sense?

but i doubt it bothers anybody that would either have awarded him a prize for literally no substance... or voted for him without a record of substance. he may be the least known and qualified president we've ever had... but carter is a close second.

VectorMan

VectorMan

PkrBum wrote:lol... what did obama accomplish that deserved the nobel peace prize?

it just proved that the prize no longer has any value or significance.

Amen.

I mean, come on. I have good ideas about peace on Earth too. How in the hell does Obama get a NPP?

I hear they're thinking about taking it back. How appropriate.

NaNook wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
PkrBum wrote:60 is needed for cloture to end filibuster... that is not what is needed to pass legislation.

these rules prevent either side from complete control... excluding reconciliation which was used to pass obamacare.

The dems have controlled the senate by majority since 2007... it's not supposed to be a rubber stamp for either party.

We weren't talking about that. He said the dems controlled both houses for two years.

In the 110th Congress, (Jan. 2007 to Jan. 2009)the breakdown in the House is 239 Democrats (including four Delegates) and 200 Republicans (including the Resident Commissioner).

The Senate has 49 Democrats; two Independents, who have aligned themselves with the Democrats; and 49 Republicans.

In the 111th Congress (Jan 2009 to Jan. 2011) the current party breakdown in the House is 233 Democrats and 202 Republicans.

The Senate had 57 Democrats 2 independents who vote with the Democrats and 41 Republicans

In the current, 112th Congress (Jan. 2011 to Jan. 2013) the current party breakdown in the House is 191 Democrats and 241 Republicans and 3 vacancies.

The Senate has 53 Democrats and 47 Republicans and 2 Independents who caucus and vote with the Democrats.

Didn't President Barack Hussein Obama campaign on being so good at reaching across the aisle? Hmmmm...I guess not so much.

Try again Dreamsglore.

You believe that the country should be run like Cuba or North Korea with a dictatorship?

That our country became the greatest nation the world has ever seen using the system you deplore is irrelevant, immaterial and unimportant to you. Why is that?

That, as usual, is a completely boldfaced lie. I watched in dismay as Obama continually "reached across the aisle", knowing that he could expect only complete obstruction and every attempt imaginable to discredit him from day one. That is how the right operates...dirty tricks, propaganda, smear tactics. You're current profession is a great example.

I guess you haven't read Bob Woodwards book. Obama refused to meet with Republicans, 9 fingers said, "f*ckem". Bring back memories yet?

Did you see that w/ your own eyes? People believe every lie that goes around.

Markle

Markle

[quote="Dreamsglore"]
NaNook wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Try again Dreamsglore.

That, as usual, is a completely boldfaced lie. I watched in dismay as Obama continually "reached across the aisle", knowing that he could expect only complete obstruction and every attempt imaginable to discredit him from day one. That is how the right operates...dirty tricks, propaganda, smear tactics. You're current profession is a great example.

I guess you haven't read Bob Woodwards book. Obama refused to meet with Republicans, 9 fingers said, "f*ckem". Bring back memories yet?

Did you see that w/ your own eyes? People believe every lie that goes around.[/quote]

I guess President Barack Hussein Obama and his cabal didn't make these statements either....

January 23, 2009
Challenged by one [Republican] Senator Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl of Arizona] over the contents of the package, the new president [Barack Hussein Obama], according to participants, replied: “I WON.”
http://tinyurl.com/b8fgbr

###

February 2, 2009
Obama says now is not the time for companies to make profits!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-N_DPNve44

Jim Kramer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGpDCEJoKA

###

August 07, 2009
Obama: "I Don't Want The Folks Who Created The Mess To Do A Lot Of Talking, I want them to just get out of the way, I don’t mind cleaning up after them, JUST DON’T DO A LOT OF TALKING”.
http://tinyurl.com/kp6g37

###

October 06, 2010
V.P Biden: Biden was telling the crowd that Democrats know how to balance the budget. He said, "IF I HEAR ONE MORE REPUBLICAN TELL ME ABOUT BALANCING THE BUDGET, I AM GOING TO STRANGLE THEM."
http://tinyurl.com/2ejbgkv

###

October 08, 2010
Obama: “A REPUBLICAN MAJORITY IN CONGRESS WOULD MEAN “HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT on Capitol Hill for the next two years…”.
http://tinyurl.com/2bjylut

###

October 10, 2010 Woonsocket, R.I.
Obama: “We don't mind the Republicans joining us; THEY CAN COME FOR THE RIDE, BUT THEY GOTTA SIT IN BACK.”
http://tinyurl.com/2dfxahs

###

October 26, 2010
“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘WE’RE GONNA PUNISH OUR ENEMIES AND WE’RE GONNA REWARD OUR FRIENDS who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”
http://tinyurl.com/24rvdm2

###

August 22, 2011
Liberal Democrat Rep. Maxine Waters
"I'm not afraid of anybody. This is a tough game. You can't be intimidated. You can't be frightened. And as far as I'm concerned, the Tea Party can go straight to hell," she said.
Read more: http://tinyurl.com/3gpzpp3

###

August 31, 2011
Liberal Democrat Rep. Andre Carson
A top lawmaker in the Congressional Black Caucus says tea partiers on Capitol Hill would like to see African-Americans hanging from trees and accuses the movement of wishing for a return to the Jim Crow era.
Read more: http://tinyurl.com/43je6v6

###

September 26, 2011
President Obama: If Americans Don’t Want My Tax Hikes “We’re Gonna Have Problems”
http://tinyurl.com/3gmhbmc

###

Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Joe Biden on Romney Ticket: “They’re Gonna Put Y’all Back in Chains”
http://freebeacon.com/biden-on-romney-theyre-going-to-put-yall-back-in-chains/

Would you like more?

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:whelp... maybe the left shouldn't promote legislation that so divisive and unpopular that it requires a super-majority to shove it down our throat. the senate is controlled by a majority and biden is the tie breaker... exactly how much do you and the left want to control?

Sounds as though you advocate gridlock . . . if so you should pleased as punch.

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:whelp... maybe the left shouldn't promote legislation that so divisive and unpopular that it requires a super-majority to shove it down our throat. the senate is controlled by a majority and biden is the tie breaker... exactly how much do you and the left want to control?

Sounds as though you advocate gridlock . . . if so you should pleased as punch.

yes... i was pleased by the 2010 election. i don't want either side to have the control obama did 2009-2010. you and i might refer to it as gridlock during discourse... but the legislature in our country was designed to promote compromises and rejection to find a common good. (no that term does not mean welfare or give aways... it means a benefit to every citizen equally). if it looked as if either party were to gain control of congress... i would vote for the opposite potus candidate... but i won't vote mainstream otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum