Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Very sadly, another one bites the dust

+2
PkrBum
RealLindaL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RealLindaL

It's with deep sadness that I advise you all of the death of our wonderful forum member, knothead, on June 9 of this year at the age of 75.   We knew he was fighting cancer, of course, but he'd been silent for so long that I feared the worst.  A few days back I finally sent him a PM, which went unanswered, so I went googling under his real name and found a very abbreviated obituary.

I've been in contact with the publisher of the Island Times newspaper on Pensacola Beach, where knot resided before he moved to Kentucky and then Tennessee.  She's attempting to contact family and/or the funeral home, not only to confirm the death (which I don't believe there's any doubt of), but also to garner a few more facts that could be used for an obit in her paper, since what we can find on the Internet so far is extremely sketchy.

I was going to wait until I could direct you to something more substantial than the few lines published in Tennessee, but decided you deserved to know he was gone.

I hope to provide more information in the near future.

Knothead was a good and supportive forum friend, and surely I won't be the only one to dearly miss him for the duration.

Life just sucks sometimes, no two ways about it.

Floridatexan, Telstar and zsomething like this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'm very sorry to hear this. He was a genuinely nice guy.

My condolences should his family ever read this.

A View likes this post

Telstar

Telstar

R.I.P. Knothead

zsomething

Damn. I'd been wondering where he was. Sad

Condolences to his family... and to us.

RealLindaL likes this post

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thank you Linda, for keeping us updated. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. He will be missed. Such a nice man.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 8/5/2020, 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I will surely miss him. May he rest in peace. Peace to his family and friends. And thank you, Linda, for taking the time in his behalf.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum