This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

When did Barack Obama become a Republican?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Telstar

Telstar
bigdog wrote:LOL  I'm pretty sure that wasn't a compliment.
But I'm choosing to take it as one.


So, thank you very much.



No it was, maybe not for everyone but for you it was. Laughing

bigdog


Actually, I figured you were discussing a "kept" man but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

The secret of 48 years of marriage is that he's not my daddy and I'm not his mother. We don't tell each other what to do.
We might disagree, we might get pissed off, but in the end, he'll do whatever he wants and I'll do whatever I want. And it's over.  And then we forget about it and find something to laugh about, or we do something we both like to do together. Like going camping together or taking the dogs to the park.   Because anything else is not an option. Both of us meant our vows.

Sorry about believing in such a quaint concept as a promise.
Maybe he is a kept man, but I'm also a kept woman.
We promised each other that. And we have had a lot of fun together for many years now.



Last edited by bigdog on 8/5/2019, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar
bigdog wrote:Actually, I figured you were discussing a "kept" man but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

The secret of 48 years of marriage is that he's not my daddy and I'm not his mother. We don't tell each other what to do.
We might disagree, we might get pissed off, but in the end, he'll do whatever he wants and I'll do whatever I want. And it's over.  And then we forget about it and find something to laugh about, or do something we both like to do together.   Because anything else is not an option. Vows mean something.

Sorry about believing in such a quaint concept.






Nothing to be sorry about. The important thing is you're still together.

bigdog


Yes it is. There are an awful lot of people our age who are missing a spouse and I really feel for them.
So many widows my age, but the new drugs are helping people survive to older ages now. I just don't know how important that is unless they can also guarantee a decent quality of life.

Just another reason we need full coverage for medicare recipients. There should be no deductible on medicare at all, and nursing home care should not be the headache it is to get either. My mom's insurance paid out nearly $400,000 to nursing homes before she died a couple of years ago. She was lucky that she had insurance from the State of California through my brother's job, and it covered at California prices. So, it basically paid in full for her care here in Florida. But she was paying $7800 a month before she died for her care. No way Americans can afford that, and right now, nobody is talking about those medical expenses.

Vikingwoman


bigdog wrote:At this point in my life, I really don't care who might have a picture of me hidden in their computer someplace.
Actually, I don't remember ever caring that much. The main picture that was going around was one that someone took the trouble to glean from my sister's facebook page of a Christmas get together at my house.  Considering the source of the picture, it didn't take a lot of smarts to know where it had to have come from originally.
I liked it. It was a very smiley picture of me from a very happy day.

Not particularly attractive, but then I'm not.
Particularly attractive that is. Never have been.
Never claimed to be.
But I'm smart enough to know how very little that matters in life.
If I could go back pre-birth and get either smart or beautiful, I'd take smart every time.
I got what I wanted. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Along with a much, much better looking hubby than most beautiful women get, and he's a keeper.

Ahh, but beauty matters very much in this world. It's a proven fact unfortunately. Many studies done on that. People just tell them selves it doesn't matter...but it does.

bigdog


Vikingwoman wrote:
bigdog wrote:At this point in my life, I really don't care who might have a picture of me hidden in their computer someplace.
Actually, I don't remember ever caring that much. The main picture that was going around was one that someone took the trouble to glean from my sister's facebook page of a Christmas get together at my house.  Considering the source of the picture, it didn't take a lot of smarts to know where it had to have come from originally.
I liked it. It was a very smiley picture of me from a very happy day.

Not particularly attractive, but then I'm not.
Particularly attractive that is. Never have been.
Never claimed to be.
But I'm smart enough to know how very little that matters in life.
If I could go back pre-birth and get either smart or beautiful, I'd take smart every time.
I got what I wanted. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Along with a much, much better looking hubby than most beautiful women get, and he's a keeper.

Ahh, but beauty matters very much in this world. It's a proven fact unfortunately. Many studies done on that. People just tell them selves it doesn't matter...but it does.


Oh, I know it does to you. It's what people rely on when they have nothing else to rely on like character, intelligence, a sense of humor, knowing when to stay out of other people's business, etc.
When you only have one thing, it has to be very important to you.


The rest of us don't have to worry about keeping our spouses by having manicures or pedicures or getting our eyebrows plucked so short they have to be drawn back on with a pencil.

It was much more important to my husband that I enjoyed carrying his catch bag while he fished for mullet when we were dating than it was that my toenails were painted a cute little shade of pink.
That's a real man with the right priorities.

Vikingwoman


I get it when you're an unattractive woman you're greatest achievement is hanging on to a man. No matter whether you have to carry his bait or lick his toes. It's the bane of your existence and somehow makes you feel validated as a person. I've seen many women like that. They believe their nothing w/o a man. Very sad. However, I doubt your husband is very good looking except in your eyes so being married for 48 years is not impressive when it's to someone nobody else wants anyway. No matter what you say most men want looks over anything else. Of course, if they're really ugly themselves they'll take whatever they can get. I imagine that's what happened in your case.

bigdog


Well, Dreams, since you pried into my life so closely several years ago, I have no doubt you've seen pictures of both me and my husband, so you're aware that you are lying through your teeth.

I don't intend to post a picture of my husband on this forum for you.
I enjoyed mullet fishing as much as he did, we both enjoyed boating, water skiing, scuba diving, camping, even in tents, walking up mountains and doing a lot of things that Barbie dolls can't enjoy because they might break a fingernail or mess up their lipstick. We still love traveling across the country in our camper with our two dogs. We're living the good life in our retirement.

I feel sorry for you. You don't know what it's like to have a husband who is also your best friend and your soul mate.One that has your back no matter who or what it is that is against you.   So insult on.
You can't harass my children anymore so there's nothing you can do to touch me.  They are all way too damn successful.
You lost a long time ago girl.
That's what losers do.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
bigdog wrote:Well, Dreams, since you pried into my life so closely several years ago, I have no doubt you've seen pictures of both me and my husband, so you're aware that you are lying through your teeth.

I don't intend to post a picture of my husband on this forum for you.
I enjoyed mullet fishing as much as he did, we both enjoyed boating, water skiing, scuba diving, camping, even in tents, walking up mountains and doing a lot of things that Barbie dolls can't enjoy because they might break a fingernail or mess up their lipstick. We still love traveling across the country in our camper with our two dogs. We're living the good life in our retirement.

I feel sorry for you. You don't know what it's like to have a husband who is also your best friend and your soul mate.One that has your back no matter who or what it is that is against you.   So insult on.
You can't harass my children anymore so there's nothing you can do to touch me.  They are all way too damn successful.
You lost a long time ago girl.
That's what losers do.

Real beauty is on the inside, not the outside. It's also possible to be both physically attractive and a decent human being. My guess is your husband has a roving eye, so you feel the need to put down every woman he might be attracted to. And it's possible to be really physically attractive AND do all the things you talk about.

bigdog


I wish I could put somebody, anybody else that knows my husband on this forum to tell you ladies what ridiculous asses you're making of yourselves. I have not been afraid of my husband having a roving eye since the first or second date that we had. If I were, I wouldn't have gone out with him on a third date. He's not made like that. Oh, he's perfectly free to look, so am I, but neither of us would ever even consider touching.

I feel for you ladies.   I suppose you have been through some hard times and maybe been mistreated by spouses or men you were in relationships with. Don't go projecting your problems onto me. There's no room for that kind of mistrust in my marriage. It doesn't live here and it never has.

Our neighbors across the street have been married 51 years FYI, and she's no raving beauty either. I suspect he was very nice looking when they were young. But they still go walking and hold hands when they go down the street. I'm betting he's never even thought of another woman seriously.



There are men out there who realize that physical  beauty is not the be all and end all in life. I'm not saying they are easy to find, especially today. But to imply that a woman can't keep a husband if she's not a raving beauty is pretty much defied by walking down the street of any large city and looking at the couples.
Maybe step one in finding a man like that is to not label all men as dogs who can't keep their pants zipped.  That's as sexist as it gets, and probably an insult to your dad or your grandfather while you're at it.



I really do feel sorry for women who believe that way. Because unless you can  learn how to trust men, you're depriving yourself of a lot.

Personally, I trust men a hell of a lot more than I do women.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
bigdog wrote:I wish I could put somebody, anybody else that knows my husband on this forum to tell you ladies what ridiculous asses you're making of yourselves. I have not been afraid of my husband having a roving eye since the first or second date that we had. If I were, I wouldn't have gone out with him on a third date. He's not made like that. Oh, he's perfectly free to look, so am I, but neither of us would ever even consider touching.

I feel for you ladies.   I suppose you have been through some hard times and maybe been mistreated by spouses or men you were in relationships with. Don't go projecting your problems onto me. There's no room for that kind of mistrust in my marriage. It doesn't live here and it never has.

Our neighbors across the street have been married 51 years FYI, and she's no raving beauty either. I suspect he was very nice looking when they were young. But they still go walking and hold hands when they go down the street. I'm betting he's never even thought of another woman seriously.



There are men out there who realize that physical  beauty is not the be all and end all in life. I'm not saying they are easy to find, especially today. But to imply that a woman can't keep a husband if she's not a raving beauty is pretty much defied by walking down the street of any large city and looking at the couples.
Maybe step one in finding a man like that is to not label all men as dogs who can't keep their pants zipped.  That's as sexist as it gets, and probably an insult to your dad or your grandfather while you're at it.



I really do feel sorry for women who believe that way. Because unless you can  learn how to trust men, you're depriving yourself of a lot.

Personally, I trust men a hell of a lot more than I do women.

We already knew that, because you can't reconcile yourself to a woman president.

bigdog


Really?
Because when I was going door to door on November 8, 2016, out in the rain, checking to see if people had a way to get to the polls, I BELIEVE that was primarily to get a woman president elected.
A STRONG, CONFIDENT, EXPERIENCED woman like Hillary Clinton.

Just because I don't want your candidate elected, your candidate who would tell the Russians and the North Koreans that she would never, under any circumstances use nukes first,  doesn't mean I don't trust a woman to be president. I don't trust a naïve woman to be president.
I don't trust Elizabeth Warren and I really, truly do not trust Kamala Harris.

You know that though, you just want to jump into a fight.
Joe Biden is my candidate today and he'd have been my candidate 4 years ago if he had run. He made a great speech today. I'll bet you didn't bother to listen. He said everything that needed to be said about Donald Trump.

I trust men more because they will generally let you know they don't like you BEFORE they stab you in the back. That has nothing to do with my choice of president.

RealLindaL


bigdog wrote:Personally, I trust men a hell of a lot more than I do women.

And after reading this entire rather horrid exchange between the three of you women, I have to say (though no one asked me) that your greater trust in men is surely not misplaced.

And yes, I understand this has zero to do with which candidate you want to win the 2020 election.

bigdog


And, apparently, FT's posts to you don't either. She knows we both voted for Hillary in 2016.
Pretty much all the above discussion has its roots in the olden days which I had thought were not appreciated on here.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:Personally, I trust men a hell of a lot more than I do women.

And after reading this entire rather horrid exchange between the three of you women, I have to say (though no one asked me) that your greater trust in men is surely not misplaced.

And yes, I understand this has zero to do with which candidate you want to win the 2020 election.  

I don't know anything about prior conflicts between these two. I'm just sick of being misquoted and misinterpreted. And part of it is the fact that I don't believe Biden is the answer to our current dilemma.

bigdog


If it's about the candidate, why can't you discuss it without the accusations of sexism , without saying there is no room for moderates in the Democratic party (when close to half the party ARE moderates) and of bringing up things from the past that you disagreed with people about?

If your candidate is best, then  say why.

I've told you why I don't want her to be the nominee. I don't like her stance on first strikes, I think it's extremely naïve and would embolden our enemies.  I don't think she has the personality to win the election, and I don't want to take any chance on a candidate that I think might lose. And I think she can be rattled by Donald Trump.  I don't see her as being as strong as Hillary Clinton, as experienced, nor as capable. And quite frankly, I like Hillary better than I do Elizabeth Warren.

Joe Biden, on the other hand, has led Trump in every head to head poll since he entered the race. He is consistently considered the most likely candidate to beat Donald Trump. He has the experience of being Vice President along with years and years of working in the Senate with both parties. He can negotiate with the best of them, and understands that sometimes you have to take small steps before you can convince the public to accept a big idea.  He will get health care done, but he's not going to tear up what we have right now to do it. He believes in the working man and has fought for them most of his adult life, and can take the union voters in Pennsylvania and Ohio right out of Trump's pocket. They like him. Oh, and there's that. He's an extremely likable person, which is something nobody I've heard yet has denied. He's been tested in his private life with enough death and pain for way more than one life, and he's come through it all strong and capable. Yeah, he sometimes stutters and he sometimes goofs up what he's saying. I see that as part of his charm. It's just as human as he is. He's well respected by the leaders of the other nations of the world and they would welcome his election with absolute relief and happiness.
Biden cares, he sometimes wears his emotions on his shoulder, and I happen to love that about him.

Now try and tell me why you love Elizabeth Warren without saying we just need a woman in the White House.
Because what sex a candidate is neither qualifies nor disqualifies them from being president.
And right now, we really can't play around.

I know you may say you don't want to respond because you don't want to do anything I ask you to do, and that's your absolute right. But I'll put it this way. I'll agree to quit responding to your posts if you agree to cut out the references to centrists being like Republicans and having no right to being in the Democratic party. Because comments like those are what have no room being in the party, especially when the enemy is so totally evil.

Vikingwoman


bigdog wrote:Well, Dreams, since you pried into my life so closely several years ago, I have no doubt you've seen pictures of both me and my husband, so you're aware that you are lying through your teeth.

I don't intend to post a picture of my husband on this forum for you.
I enjoyed mullet fishing as much as he did, we both enjoyed boating, water skiing, scuba diving, camping, even in tents, walking up mountains and doing a lot of things that Barbie dolls can't enjoy because they might break a fingernail or mess up their lipstick. We still love traveling across the country in our camper with our two dogs. We're living the good life in our retirement.

I feel sorry for you. You don't know what it's like to have a husband who is also your best friend and your soul mate.One that has your back no matter who or what it is that is against you.   So insult on.
You can't harass my children anymore so there's nothing you can do to touch me.  They are all way too damn successful.
You lost a long time ago girl.
That's what losers do.

No, I've never seen a picture of you or your husband and I couldn't care less about your children. I'm sure though they are as successful as your were. Driving a school bus w/ a college degree. Now if you had been attractive you might have had a good job but that's what happens to ugly people inside and out. You have double jeopardy. LOL! I like that!

bigdog


You were always known as the biggest liar on the PNJ forums, by both sides of the political spectrum. At one time there was a poll of who was the most hated poster there, and YOU won!!! I remember being shocked that it wasn't me. Yeah, you've seen pictures of both me and my husband- there were pictures of me posted on the forums all over, obviously. Those pictures were taken from a larger photo of me and my husband. Maybe the person who gleaned them from my sister's facebook page didn't show them to ALL of the girls club members-maybe you were left out????You were left out of a lot because nobody trusted you. -
And yeah, you ridiculed my son in particular because he delivered pizzas back then. He now owns the busiest ice cream business in New Orleans, plus holds the franchises on three other stores there. He started out doing something else you'd make fun of, I'm sure, by buying a cart and selling the best Thai style ice cream in the French Quarter on the side of the street.
When he could finally afford to rent a building, his ice cream had such a reputation that there were two and a half hour lines outside the building for the first week. Three years later and three more stores and they're still doing fantastic. They brought a great product to a city where there was none before. So that makes him an over-achiever, I believe.  And he's the one of my kids who didn't go to college. The girls are both in high positions with their companies too. You don't want to know that, because it gave you such joy to call the building inspectors on my son back when he was renovating his trailer and bother him. They left and said you'd wasted their time. You're worthless, dreams. A meddling POS with no real purpose in being.
I did exactly with my life what I wanted to do. I'm still doing it. Sorry that bugs you so much.

As far as that school bus goes, I never drove regular ed kids. I drove kids with special needs that needed a driver and assistant who knew how to be with them and help them understand what was going on around them and who knew how to keep them happy and safe  and satisfied. I had kids that ran the gamut from being kicked off the regular bus because they had threatened their drivers lives to 4 year olds that had to be kept from banging their heads on the windows and hurting themselves. All while driving down the highway, without a teacher or a nurse on board, just myself and an assistant, one of whom is still my best friend to this day. You couldn't handle a special ed driver's job if your life depended on it. You don't care about other people enough, and you don't understand the psychology of people who have needs  at all. I'm proud of that career, more proud than of the years I spent as a social worker. It was far more rewarding. Our kids told us stuff they never would tell a teacher or even their parents. One of our kids told my assistant that he was afraid to go to bed at night because there was a huge rat in his house and his mom couldn't afford an exterminator. He didn't want any of the kids on the bus to know about it. We heard a lot of sad secrets over the years  we were on those buses. Sometimes, if we could help, we did. We helped with jackets for kids that didn't have them, my assistant took Thanksgiving dinner over to  one family's house.  My assistant and I made a difference in the lives of a lot of kids. When they see us in the stores, they remember us. We might not remember every one of them, but they sure seem to remember us. That matters to some people. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't to you.

I'm sorry my satisfaction with my  life choices bothers you so much Dreams. I'm sorry you don't have to be a Barbie Doll to have an extremely happy satisfying life. I understand you feel that that's just wrong. Poor you. It must be shocking. Because TV and Movies have told you something different for years.

RealLindaL


bigdog wrote:I'm sorry my satisfaction with my  life choices bothers you so much Dreams. I'm sorry you don't have to be a Barbie Doll to have an extremely happy satisfying life. I understand you feel that that's just wrong. Poor you. It must be shocking. Because TV and Movies have told you something different for years.

cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers

Sal

Sal
bigdog wrote: I BELIEVE that was primarily to get a woman president elected.
A STRONG, CONFIDENT, EXPERIENCED woman like Hillary Clinton.

You say this shit so much it makes me wonder if thou doesn’t protest a bit too much.

You seem like just the type who might slip behind the curtain and pull the lever for DJT, tho you’d never, ever, ever admit it (you’d hardly be alone).

But, I’m also sure that after the past 3+ years of hell, you’d never, ever, ever do it again ...

.

.

.

.

... unless the nominee is Warren ...

.

.

.

... or Harris ...

.

.

.

... or Gillibrand ...

.

.

.

... or ...

bigdog


You ceased being funny a long time ago Sal.

When I came on here a few months back, I respected you and thought you had some interesting things to contribute. Then I happened to mention that I used to be a Republican. That apparently opened up a nasty pocket of venomous hate inside you that you simply cannot control. You can't even BE an intelligent contributor that is interesting to read anymore.
You just cannot do it.
You've turned into nothing but a name caller and an attack dog.
Pkr's posts have more substance to them than yours do, even though all his facts are wrong, at least he makes an effort to stay civil and make a contribution.

You haven't made a decent contribution in at least 3 or more weeks now.
Do you realize that you're letting what I am and what I do control your emotions to the point that you can't think straight anymore? Why do you want to let that happen? It doesn't make sense to me. I'm no threat to you in your real life than you are to me in mine. You don't have to turn into a rabid dog with a diseased brain unless you choose to do so. Choose not to think about me Sal. That's the very best and healthiest thing you can do for yourself.

RealLindaL


Sal wrote:
bigdog wrote: I BELIEVE that was primarily to get a woman president elected.
A STRONG, CONFIDENT, EXPERIENCED woman like Hillary Clinton.

You say this shit so much it makes me wonder if thou doesn’t protest a bit too much.

You seem like just the type who might slip behind the curtain and pull the lever for DJT, tho you’d never, ever, ever admit it (you’d hardly be alone).

But, I’m also sure that after the past 3+ years of hell, you’d never, ever, ever do it again ...

.

.

.

.

... unless the nominee is Warren ...

.

.

.

... or Harris ...

.

.

.

... or Gillibrand ...

.

.

.

... or ...


Sal, besides appearing more and more unbalanced (read: off your friggin' rocker), you obviously have ZERO powers of interpersonal judgment if you seriously think there's a single chance in this entire universe that bigdog could pull the lever for DJT, now or EVER.

Why do you continue to insist on ignoring her very words and placing your own in her mouth???

Are you enjoying making yourself look completely NUTS??  Because that's exactly what you're accomplishing -- nothing more, nothing less.  NOTHING.

I seriously don't know what in the world has happened to you.  I sure hope you haven't succumbed to the lure of Russian money in order to sow dissent.  Or whatever.   In any case, your transformation is completely unfathomable, and entirely unhelpful to the cause of defeating DJT.

Vikingwoman


Cat, I'm not even going to respond to the bullshit in your post. I'm not interested in anything you have to say now or about 15 yrs ago. I'll say this as I'm sure Sal will too. FU and your ugly kumquat ass. PS for the record though, you and Bill won the poll. Remember? I wasn't even on it.

Telstar

Telstar
Vikingwoman wrote:Cat, I'm not even going to respond to the bullshit in your post. I'm not interested in anything you have to say now or about 15 yrs ago. I'll say this as I'm sure Sal will too. FU and your ugly kumquat ass. PS for the record though, you and Bill won the poll. Remember? I wasn't even on it.



Wow, you mean they beat out the guy who was arrested for all the kiddie porn?

Vikingwoman


Who was arrested for kiddie porn?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum