Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Food for serious thought about Biden?

+2
bigdog
RealLindaL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RealLindaL

Very thoughtful, thought-provoking CNN opinion piece.  I find myself not wanting to hear anything negative whatsoever about Biden, but I feel we ignore the points the writer makes at our own peril:

Biden represents the best and worst of his generation

But if not Biden, who???  No clear answer for me.  And I'm certainly not giving up on him completely; I just hope he's reading, too.

bigdog

I read the article carefully, with the eye of someone who is only 6 years younger than Joe Biden. When I came to the part about the "Woke" generation, it reminded me of some of the comments Bill Maher made on his show last night.  He said the "woke" generation, quite frankly, has begun to piss him off.  I feel exactly the same.
I like the fact that Biden can still look on Republicans as humans and can be friends with them, because I have friends that are Republicans who I like very much, but I have to completely avoid all discussions of politics while I'm around them. It is not necessary to call out people for everything they believe that you don't agree with. Hugging is one of those issues that my generation embraces-I'm not crazy about it, but I've put up with it for years because I'm a woman and I'm Southern and I would NEVER insult nor push anyone away over a simple hug. I don't truly mind  hands on the back of my shoulders either, because I grew up in a part of the country where men had protective impulses towards women and I STILL do not hate them for that. I think it's nice. Apparently, the Woke young women in this country resent males opening doors for them or trying to be gentlemen in any way, and I think it's gone way too far in the other direction. Me Too has gone WAY past its original intent and if I were a man, I would be afraid to even speak to a woman anymore for fear that she might be offended. It's outrageous. Sexual assault is a real event and a terrible thing. Being touched in the middle of the back and claiming it offended you is being (as Maher likes to call Donald Trump) a whiney little bitch.  If women want to be taken seriously, they have  to  stop acting like poor little girls who can't get over a man's hand touching their back, or even their hair, 10 years ago. They have to learn to say "no" when something bothers them in the moment  instead of crying to the news media about it years later. Because yeah, that's being a whiney little bitch. And excuse me if I don't really believe they were all that offended to begin with or they'd have said it earlier.  
I did not like Biden's vote on the Bankruptcy bill.  It surprised me that he voted that way, but then  saw him on a talk show later, and he explained that his state was the number one or number two state in America that relied o the Banking industry. He said there were times when he had to make a decision between what his constituents wanted him to do and what his conscience told him. He admitted that, on this vote, he felt he had to represent the people who sent him there. So, at least I know why he did it.
Biden is going to be the candidate, I'm pretty sure of that, unless the young people talk themselves out of going out to vote again. I hate their expectation of purity in all their beliefs and their willingness to sacrifice the good in a vain hope of getting the perfect. Also, I'm kind of like Biden in the "Give me a Break" category. The kids  today never went through what the older generation did. Their military is VOLUNTARY, ours was not. 50000 Americans died in Vietnam, no comparison to Iraq or Afghanistan,  We went through Selma and police beating African Americans  with clubs and killing freedom riders. This generation has to carry placards and go to marches. We went through the only moment in World History , the Cuban Missile Crisis, when it was very possible that the world as we knew it could be destroyed in a matter of hours or days. No other American generation has ever gone through that kind of fear. 911 did not compare.  Yeah kids, give us a  break and don't throw away those votes that the old people made sure you still have.Not like you did the last election.

RealLindaL

I'm so tired tonight I can't see straight, but have read every word of your post, bigdog, and applaud it.   In fact I wish there were some way to have CNN publish your treatise as a counterpoint - it's that good.

We have some very sharp, seriously analytical minds on this forum and I, for one, am grateful for their presence and shared contributions.

Telstar

Telstar

"50000 Americans died in Vietnam, no comparison to Iraq or Afghanistan,"

The fake president bragged that he was "smart" because he didn't pay taxes. So does he consider himself smart because he dodged being one of the 50,000 using bone spurs as an excuse not to serve.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:"50000 Americans died in Vietnam, no comparison to Iraq or Afghanistan,"

The fake president bragged that he was "smart" because he didn't pay taxes. So does he consider himself smart because he dodged being one of the 50,000 using bone spurs as an excuse not to serve.

I'm sure he considers himself VERY smart for that phony dodge, because it served his one and only purpose in life -- himself.

bigdog

Nearly everyone back then knew someone who had died in Vietnam. Many of my high school classmates were drafted almost as soon as they graduated. The one I remember most was a young man named Gary Boyette. He was a local football star when I knew him in junior high, built like a bull, handsome and dated a cheerleader. Because we were seated in alphabetical order in classes, I got to sit behind him in most of our classes. I had such a crush. He went in the Marines right out of high school and died very shortly after he landed in country. And talk about a divided country- one of my brothers went to 'Nam twice. He volunteered for both tours. He made it through, but the experience changed him forever. My other brother had very poor eyesight, but insisted on registering as a conscientious objector. Those two brothers never got along for the rest of their lives. One of them died about 12 years ago and the other is still living in California. But the rift in not just our family, but lots of families nationwide, was shocking. Only Donald Trump's presidency has brought back anything even close to what happened to the country during Vietnam.

Telstar

Telstar

Crooked Don, the Early Years.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:Only Donald Trump's presidency has brought back anything even close to what happened to the country during Vietnam.

That's an extremely apt statement.  Had not thought of things that way until you said it.  Pointed and poignant.

Vietnam was "my" era too, bigdog.  My late ex-husband enlisted in the Air Force and served as a jet trainer simulator (Link) instructor stateside, but was still considered a veteran of the war, which did indeed tear the nation apart.  Horrid and horrible, and yes, we all knew at least one someone who died, including so many talented individuals such as your Gary Boyette.

Aside: I heard a stat on the radio the other day, that one out of three veterans in the State of Florida (over half a million) served in the Vietnam era.   Here are some facts that seem to bear that out:

http://floridavets.org/our-veterans/profilefast-facts/

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:Only Donald Trump's presidency has brought back anything even close to what happened to the country during Vietnam.

That's an extremely apt statement.  Had not thought of things that way until you said it.  Pointed and poignant.

Vietnam was "my" era too, bigdog.  My late ex-husband enlisted in the Air Force and served as a jet trainer simulator (Link) instructor stateside, but was still considered a veteran of the war, which did indeed tear the nation apart.  Horrid and horrible, and yes, we all knew at least one someone who died, including so many talented individuals such as your Gary Boyette.

Aside:  I heard a stat on the radio the other day, that one out of three veterans in the State of Florida (over half a million) served in the Vietnam era.   Here are some facts that seem to bear that out:

http://floridavets.org/our-veterans/profilefast-facts/

Trump's Vietnam:

bigdog

My husband was in the Air Force during the Vietnam years, though I did not meet him until after he finished his service. He was a jet engine mechanic and worked on the B-52s that dropped bombs on North Vietnam. The planes were stationed in Guam, so he was never in any serious danger, but because of having to service the engines, he gets disability from the VA for severe tinnitus. He only has about 25% of his hearing. The planes would come in with Damage from enemy fire. He enlisted in the Air Force after high school because his draft number was so high that he would have had to go in the Army otherwise. A lot of young men went into the Navy or Air Force back then in the hopes of just staying alive for the next 3 years.
Of course, they didn't have the money to bribe doctors to claim they had bone spurs like the Donald did.
I wonder if the Donald had gone into the military, would he have come out as a more mature human being instead of what he is today? That's something we'll never know, unfortunately.

RealLindaL

Very sorry to learn of your husband's disability, bigdog. There's no silver lining in that, of course, though at least he gets disability, whatever small comfort that provides. I know at least one vet who's still fighting for compensation for Agent Orange exposure problems, or at least was, the last time we spoke a few years back.
My ex-husband, too, enlisted in the USAF after high school to avoid the Army draft. After his discharge, and after failing his one attempt to adjust to factory work (poor little rich boy), he got his college degree on the GI bill (with his wife - me - working full time and managing to raise our child while he goofed off and barely kept a C average -- but that's another story, and, as I said, he was my EX).
As for the Donald, you're certainly right that we'll never know -- but of course that was never going to happen, not with daddy in the wings -- and it's hard to picture a severe narcissist surviving basic training anyway.

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:I read the article carefully, with the eye of someone who is only 6 years younger than Joe Biden. When I came to the part about the "Woke" generation, it reminded me of some of the comments Bill Maher made on his show last night.  He said the "woke" generation, quite frankly, has begun to piss him off.  I feel exactly the same.
I like the fact that Biden can still look on Republicans as humans and can be friends with them, because I have friends that are Republicans who I like very much, but I have to completely avoid all discussions of politics while I'm around them. It is not necessary to call out people for everything they believe that you don't agree with. Hugging is one of those issues that my generation embraces-I'm not crazy about it, but I've put up with it for years because I'm a woman and I'm Southern and I would NEVER insult nor push anyone away over a simple hug. I don't truly mind  hands on the back of my shoulders either, because I grew up in a part of the country where men had protective impulses towards women and I STILL do not hate them for that. I think it's nice. Apparently, the Woke young women in this country resent males opening doors for them or trying to be gentlemen in any way, and I think it's gone way too far in the other direction. Me Too has gone WAY past its original intent and if I were a man, I would be afraid to even speak to a woman anymore for fear that she might be offended. It's outrageous. Sexual assault is a real event and a terrible thing. Being touched in the middle of the back and claiming it offended you is being (as Maher likes to call Donald Trump) a whiney little bitch.  If women want to be taken seriously, they have  to  stop acting like poor little girls who can't get over a man's hand touching their back, or even their hair, 10 years ago. They have to learn to say "no" when something bothers them in the moment  instead of crying to the news media about it years later. Because yeah, that's being a whiney little bitch. And excuse me if I don't really believe they were all that offended to begin with or they'd have said it earlier.  
I did not like Biden's vote on the Bankruptcy bill.  It surprised me that he voted that way, but then  saw him on a talk show later, and he explained that his state was the number one or number two state in America that relied o the Banking industry. He said there were times when he had to make a decision between what his constituents wanted him to do and what his conscience told him. He admitted that, on this vote, he felt he had to represent the people who sent him there. So, at least I know why he did it.
Biden is going to be the candidate, I'm pretty sure of that, unless the young people talk themselves out of going out to vote again. I hate their expectation of purity in all their beliefs and their willingness to sacrifice the good in a vain hope of getting the perfect. Also, I'm kind of like Biden in the "Give me a Break" category. The kids  today never went through what the older generation did. Their military is VOLUNTARY, ours was not. 50000 Americans died in Vietnam, no comparison to Iraq or Afghanistan,  We went through Selma and police beating African Americans  with clubs and killing freedom riders. This generation has to carry placards and go to marches. We went through the only moment in World History , the Cuban Missile Crisis, when it was very possible that the world as we knew it could be destroyed in a matter of hours or days. No other American generation has ever gone through that kind of fear. 911 did not compare.  Yeah kids, give us a  break and don't throw away those votes that the old people made sure you still have.Not like you did the last election.

Sweet baby, Jebus ...

... what an archetypal boomer screed.

Self-aggrandizing, condescending, completely lacking in self-awareness, and tiresome to the core.

The boomers are the dumpster fire of American generations ...

... and that was true even before they gave us Trump.

bigdog

Now tell me what is not true about it.
I'm pretty sick of my generation being constantly disparaged.
Yes, a lot of boomers turned into Republicans when they grew older, but if you look at the polling out there today, you'll see that Joe Biden rips the Boomer generation completely out of  Donald Trump's tiny little hands, so we're not all the selfish old bastards that you seem to think we are.

And if you think that only the boomers are the people who gave us Donald Trump, you've got another think coming. Most of us boomers are retired already-it's the white, working class, poorly educated racists that gave this country Donald Trump. They are a younger generation than the "boomers."

So fuck you very much.
Now tell me what I posted that wasn't true.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:Now tell me what is not true about it.
I'm pretty sick of my generation being constantly disparaged.
Yes, a lot of boomers turned into Republicans when they grew older, but if you look at the polling out there today, you'll see that Joe Biden rips the Boomer generation completely out of  Donald Trump's tiny little hands, so we're not all the selfish old bastards that you seem to think we are.

And if you think that only the boomers are the people who gave us Donald Trump, you've got another think coming. Most of us boomers are retired already-it's the white, working class, poorly educated racists that gave this country Donald Trump. They are a younger generation than the "boomers."

So fuck you very much.
Now tell  me what I posted that wasn't true.

You go, girl!

Sal, that was hateful and uncalled for. I'm surprised at you.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bigdog wrote:I read the article carefully, with the eye of someone who is only 6 years younger than Joe Biden. When I came to the part about the "Woke" generation, it reminded me of some of the comments Bill Maher made on his show last night.  He said the "woke" generation, quite frankly, has begun to piss him off.  I feel exactly the same.

I'm a little younger than you; I'll be 69 next month.  I'm not upset at all about #metoo.  I don't know many women who HAVEN'T had an unwanted sexual advance (or worse).  I lost a job in the early '70's because my boss wanted to sleep with me.  Hell, he had daughters almost my age.

I like the fact that Biden can still look on Republicans as humans and can be friends with them, because I have friends that are Republicans who I like very much, but I have to completely avoid all discussions of politics while I'm around them. It is not necessary to call out people for everything they believe that you don't agree with.

I have zero Republican friends.  If you're a Trump supporter, we have nothing in common.  That includes some of my close family members and people I've known for a long time.

Hugging is one of those issues that my generation embraces-I'm not crazy about it, but I've put up with it for years because I'm a woman and I'm Southern and I would NEVER insult nor push anyone away over a simple hug. I don't truly mind  hands on the back of my shoulders either, because I grew up in a part of the country where men had protective impulses towards women and I STILL do not hate them for that. I think it's nice. Apparently, the Woke young women in this country resent males opening doors for them or trying to be gentlemen in any way, and I think it's gone way too far in the other direction. Me Too has gone WAY past its original intent and if I were a man, I would be afraid to even speak to a woman anymore for fear that she might be offended. It's outrageous. Sexual assault is a real event and a terrible thing. Being touched in the middle of the back and claiming it offended you is being (as Maher likes to call Donald Trump) a whiney little bitch.  If women want to be taken seriously, they have  to  stop acting like poor little girls who can't get over a man's hand touching their back, or even their hair, 10 years ago. They have to learn to say "no" when something bothers them in the moment  instead of crying to the news media about it years later. Because yeah, that's being a whiney little bitch. And excuse me if I don't really believe they were all that offended to begin with or they'd have said it earlier.

There's hugging...and then there's inappropriate hugging.  I hug my friends of both sexes, unless they don't want a hug, in which case I back off.  And the word NO is one with which I'm well acquainted.

And there's where I (as a former banker) have a problem with Biden.  He should have voted his conscience...period.

Biden is going to be the candidate, I'm pretty sure of that, unless the young people talk themselves out of going out to vote again. I hate their expectation of purity in all their beliefs and their willingness to sacrifice the good in a vain hope of getting the perfect.

I'm hoping he's NOT the candidate...even though I liked him as veep.  And I don't expect perfection from a candidate (because no one is perfect).  I also don't believe the younger generations expect perfection.  I think they'd just like someone who's not a criminal.

Also, I'm kind of like Biden in the "Give me a Break" category. The kids  today never went through what the older generation did. Their military is VOLUNTARY, ours was not. 50000 Americans died in Vietnam, no comparison to Iraq or Afghanistan,  We went through Selma and police beating African Americans  with clubs and killing freedom riders. This generation has to carry placards and go to marches. We went through the only moment in World History , the Cuban Missile Crisis, when it was very possible that the world as we knew it could be destroyed in a matter of hours or days. No other American generation has ever gone through that kind of fear. 911 did not compare.  Yeah kids, give us a  break and don't throw away those votes that the old people made sure you still have.Not like you did the last election.

Now, THAT sounds like whining.  What about our parents' generation, or their parents, for that matter?  WWI and WWII were not a picnic in the park, for God's sake.  Yes, we went through hell; that doesn't mean the current generation is not...it's just a different kind of hell.  And I also had a few college friends back when who had returned from Vietnam; others who were being called to go...and many, many local friends who are/were vets, including my husband, who has a partial Agent Orange disability, which he finally received in 2014, after I contacted a social worker at the VA.  (I think they only began giving disability for AO in 2010.)  He went for years without applying for medical at the VA, until he had a heart attack in 2008.  I think he didn't want to think of himself as disabled.

One other thing...I happen to agree with Sal.  There are members of our generation who (as we used to say) aren't worth the paper they're printed on, but many of these are people I didn't like in junior high and high school...entitled little SOB's.  George W Bush comes to mind.  And, of course the orange menace.

bigdog

I'll answer to your post without reposting your answers above, because I'm really not savvy enough to figure out how to integrate my post within yours.

Number one, we are almost the same age. I turned 69 in October.
Of course I've had unwanted sexual advances, not since I've been married and certainly not when my husband was anywhere around. But during my dating years, I dated a good many young men and two of them actually frightened me. I kicked one of them in the groin and jumped out of the car to get away from the other. I am neither traumatized by this 48 years later, nor do I feel the need to drag their names out into the public to humiliate them. I was not raped, I was not physically assaulted to the point of being hurt, and both young men not only apologized later but asked to go out again. Of course, that was a no because I'm not a fool. I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your boss, and I agree that incidents back then were not uncommon, but it was still nearly 50 years ago. The "me too" movement has brought out such ridiculous complaints from so many woman that whether they realize it or not, it makes men disrespect them. It reinforces the belief in the minds of a lot of men that woman will always be the "weaker" sex. You can either act like a little girl or you can act like a woman. When I see a woman cry on TV because some man (like in Garrison Keillor's case) touched the center of her back, I want to tell her what my mom used to tell us kids. "If you're going to cry over nothing, I'll be glad to give you something to cry about. "

Number Two: I have neighbors who have helped me when I was sick, who have baby sat my children, I have friends who I know voted for Trump and no, I don't discuss politics with them. There actually are some "good people" who voted for Trump. I do not understand it at all. But I won't treat people who have treated me as their friend their whole lives as enemies because they were conned by a con artist. They know my politics don't agree with theirs, and they don't bring it up either. My sister voted for Trump-am I supposed to separate from her because of that? She did it because she is brainwashed about abortion, the main reason most people in Pensacola probably voted that way. Nope. I will not Allow Donald Trump to separate me from the people I love. He wants us divided and he wins when you do that.

Number three: Hugging. See number one above. I personally am a "no touch" person. I have been all my life. But I learned, early on, that most people in this part of the country are not. They like hugging. Simple politeness tells me to accept hugs in the spirit in which they are offered. If you think Joe Biden had sexual thoughts every time he hugged a man as well as a woman (because he hugs both of them) then mark him as a pervert and don't vote for him. I think you are as wrong as you can be, having known some serious huggers in my time and knowing they meant no harm to anyone.

Number Four: You think all the younger generation wants is someone who is not a crook? Please tell me what laws you believe Biden has broken.

Number Five: Of course the generation before ours had it harder than the boomers. They had the depression and WWII. We weren't discussing them though, we were discussing those that came along after the boomer generation, weren't we? And the fact that they actually blame our generation for all the ills of the world, when they've had it pretty damned easy.

It took 10 years for my husband to get his VA disability, so we are twinning on that one. Our previous representative in the house, whose name I can't remember right now (a Republican) got it settled 3 weeks after we finally wrote him a letter. I give him all the credit in the world for that. He was chairman of the armed services committee, I'm pretty sure that helped too.
The upside was that we got a big check for all the time since we first made the claim. We didn't expect it-just went to the mailbox one day and jumped up and down for about 15 minutes after we got it. A very nice sum.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:

I have zero Republican friends.  If you're a Trump supporter, we have nothing in common.  That includes some of my close family members and people I've known for a long time.

Bless you, bless you, bless you.

One other thing...I happen to agree with Sal.  There are members of our generation who (as we used to say) aren't worth the paper they're printed on, but many of these are people I didn't like in junior high and high school...entitled little SOB's.  George W Bush comes to mind.  And, of course the orange menace.

Amen.

[/quote]

Sal

Sal

I'm not talking about individual boomers, so much as the generation as a whole and it's effect on the country.

Look, the boomers have enjoyed pretty solid control of governance since the early/mid nineties ...

... the results have been catastrophic ... a financial collapse resulting in the worst economy since the Great Depression, two intractable foreign entanglements that cost the lives of countless innocents and incalculable treasure, annihilation and defilement of our natural resources on an unfathomable scale, crushing debt and rising inequality, the undermining of the institutions which have protected our democracy throughout previous generations, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum ...

... and yes, brought us to Donald J. Trump sitting in the Oval Office.

So yeah, ... you know, ... fuck the boomers ... the country will better off when they're all six feet under ...

... speaking generationally only, of course.

Smile

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

As Colbert would say: MEANWHILE...As many have pointed out, the biggest item on any anti-trump person's agenda is to beat Trump in 2020 (in the event he is not impeached and thrown out of office before then, slim chance).

I think Biden is a comfy pair of slippers, a toddler's snuggly blanket. I would prefer someone a bit harder, a fighter with good character, experience in the system. I think the party would be served by offering up someone who presents more of a contrast to 45 rather than another old white guy.

I will vote for whoever the nominee is. I think it is too early to lock anyone in to the nomination. I'm leaning toward Harris but time will tell. A lot depends on the performance these hopefuls show us during the first debates. I think that's a huge opportunity/disaster for everyone concerned. A goof-up would be hard to dig out of.

Given that every election is either one of change or no change, I'd say the 2020 election is one of change and we need to draw a bright line.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:

So yeah, ... you know, ... fuck the boomers ... the country will better off when they're all six feet under ...

Smile

Ha ha very funny.    Evil or Very Mad

bigdog

Sal wrote:I'm not talking about individual boomers, so much as the generation as a whole and it's effect on the country.

Look, the boomers have enjoyed pretty solid control of governance since the early/mid nineties ...

... the results have been catastrophic ... a financial collapse resulting in the worst economy since the Great Depression, two intractable foreign entanglements that cost the lives of countless innocents and incalculable treasure, annihilation and defilement of our natural resources on an unfathomable scale, crushing debt and rising inequality, the undermining of the institutions which have protected our democracy throughout previous generations, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum ...

... and yes, brought us to Donald J. Trump sitting in the Oval Office.

Smile

Since exactly what years between those dates did the American people have the presidents that they voted for? Bill Clinton was not responsible for foreign wars, nor for a failing economy. In 2000, Al Gore won the popular vote in this country, but since he did not get to serve, we got those two wars and lousy economy you talked about. But that wasn't who Americans voted into office, not at all.  So don't blame the boomers for George W Bush. You can blame the Supreme Court for that POS president.   Then Americans got it right and voted Obama into office, but Obama was so afraid of messing up while being the first African American president, he didn't do much. And lo and behold, in 2016, we AGAIN did NOT elect the president that is in office. So blame the fucking electoral system for those wars and economies, they were not what the American people wanted at all. Show me some great heroes of Gen X and the generations after that one if you want to criticize the boomers, because I haven't seen any yet.Who does your generation have that could touch John Lewis, or who would have the guts to turn his thumb down towards the ground when the leader of his party wanted to kill Obamacare like John McCain did.  And here's another thing, we have the good sense to know that every generation builds on the successes of the last and to know that we were lucky to have the generation that came before us. Apparently, unlike whatever bunch of ingrates you grew up with.

Maybe, just maybe, if the generations younger than the boomers had the common sense not to idolize Bernie Sanders so much that they stayed away from the polls in 2016, we might just not be in the mess we are in now. The votes of the kids who stayed home would have put Hillary way over the top, so as for Trump being the Boomer's fault, you're dead wrong on that too.

bigdog

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/17/AR2006021702491.html

Try this one Sal, unless you are too prejudiced to read anything that doesn't agree with your thinking.

bigdog

Oh and by the way Sal, the post boomer generation's music all sucks too. It's not even music.
My generation had some of the best music in history. There hasn't been anyone even close to Peter, Paul and Mary or the Beatles since the 60's and 70's. Today's pop music is garbage hidden behind half naked women and men fondling their genitals in front of a crowd of kids. It's too embarrassing to watch the Super Bowl halftime shows anymore.
Don't tell me boomers are the worst generation in history.

My own kids, of course, are the exception.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum