Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scientists in So Africa have found two million year old "missing link" between man and apes

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

With good reason, scientists found two million year old fossil evidence of human "missing link" in So Africa, ten years ago. Studies of these fossils confirms they are go-between stage between human species and apes.

Go here for story: https://start.att.net/player/article/cnn-scientists_say_fossils_are_missing_link_in_human_h-cnn2/category/news

The pale kid on the corner, holding a Bible over his head and screaming at me while I wait for the light to change, absolutely believes in God, Jesus, Angels, Devils, and that the earth is less than 7,000 years old.

And numerous evangelists believe the same.

Shit happens.

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:With good reason, scientists found two million year old fossil evidence of human "missing link" in So Africa, ten years ago.  Studies of these fossils confirms they are go-between stage between human species and apes.

Go here for story: https://start.att.net/player/article/cnn-scientists_say_fossils_are_missing_link_in_human_h-cnn2/category/news  

The pale kid on the corner, holding a Bible over his head and screaming at me while I wait for the light to change, absolutely believes in God, Jesus, Angels, Devils, and that the earth is less than 7,000 years old.

And numerous evangelists believe the same.

Shit happens.  

It certainly does.

Scientists in So Africa have found two million year old "missing link" between man and apes Trump_17

zsomething

O 'course, the religious folks are gonna demand another one... it's how their "god of the gaps" rationale works. It's amazing how many of 'em have no idea how evolution works. I've had 'em go "if we evolved from monkeys how come there are still monkeys?" and then stand there smug like they've said something smart. Smile

bigdog

There are also millions of Christians out there who believe that man was created through evolution. They believe that a day is not a day in the eyes of God, and that dinosaurs existed, and not at the same time as mankind.

I believe in a lot of things that  seem to work for me at the moment, and I honestly don't understand the necessity to do a lot of worrying about what others think about an afterlife or the existence of a God.
I will say that over the last few years, the evangelical atheist movement has become equally as annoying to me as the fundamentalist Christian movement has always been. 
I'm expecting atheists to start waving placards on street corners soon with pictures of fossils on them.
And I'm stuck with an evangelical Christian sister and an atheist brother, both of whom I love very much,  here in the middle trying to get along and be happy in my life while they both send me e-mails expressing their views.
What I'm saying is, I don't care what other people use to satisfy themselves as they travel through life, but I wish they would leave everybody else alone about it. On both sides.  Atheism is becoming as much of a religion as Catholicism and the last thing we need on this planet is just another religion out there screaming at us.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Good post. The condemnation/shaming agenda is more broad than just religion.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Good post. The condemnation/shaming agenda is more broad than just religion.

Scientists in So Africa have found two million year old "missing link" between man and apes Russia52

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum