Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Seaoat, New poll says Kavanaugh fight helped democrats

+3
2seaoat
zsomething
bigdog
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bigdog

Just got around to opening my PNJ today, and the headlines on the USA Today insert read: Kavanaugh Fight Will Help Dems in Election, Poll Shows.

"A new USA TODay/Suffolk University Poll finds that more than six in 10 likely voters say Kavanaugh's confirmation after facing allegations of sexual assault makes them more likely to vote for one party or the other. Despite the conventional wisdom that the fight energized the GOP base, these voters are more likely to say it has spurred them to support Democrats."
"In the survey, 35 percent said Kavanaugh's confirmation made them more likely to vote for a Democratic congressional candidate and 27 percent said it made them more likely to vote for a Republican candidate. And 37 percent said it wouldn't affect their vote."

zsomething

And Trump's stupid fudpucks just tried to investigate Swetnik and Avenatti for supposed false statements... which will only rip the band-aid off and remind the public that Kavanaugh's an accused rapist again. Avenatti has declared it "Christmas in October" because it's only going to work in his favor.

Self-inflicted unforced errors.... Trump's folks are great at 'em! Some stuff ya just let go and hope the public will forget about it... or at least wait 'til after the election. But, nope, Trump's circular firing squad can't wait to blast themselves in the foot for no good reason. Smile

2seaoat

I would suggest that the senatorial state wide races did get hurt by the hearings, and the question is not opinion, but turnout. show me turn out.

bigdog

You want to know early voting, at the polls, State of Florida. All you need to do is go to the Florida Division of Elections and look up the stats.

Early voting in person: Whole state of Florida

Democrats 168,650
Republicans: 165,695
Other party: 3,094
No Party: 63,146

That's as of 4:04 PM Eastern time today

The dems haven't quite caught up with the difference in the mail in ballots, but there are many more Democratic mail-ins left to be returned than Republican.
Believe whatever you want to believe Seaoat, but don't keep believing the NBC report from Monday afternoon about all those Republican numbers. They have disappeared as the week has gone by. Live in the present Seaoat.
Of course there may have been more Republicans at the polls at your polling place then Democrats. There were at mine too. I voted north of 9 mile road and almost nobody out there is a Democrat, since they moved out there to get away from the city schools. You can't go by that. Reality is in the numbers.

2seaoat

Those numbers reflect utter failure. That is no blue wave.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Those numbers reflect utter failure..

One of your more outlandishly ludicrous statements, among the many over the years.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

bigdog wrote:No Party: 63,146

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Those numbers reflect utter failure..

One of your more outlandishly ludicrous statements, among the many over the years.

Hey Seaoat, New poll says Kavanaugh fight helped democrats Blue-w11

bigdog

So, four days into early voting and the Dems are ahead in voters who have turned out at the polls, and you say it's an utter failure?
I think you are full of yourself and no statistics whatever could convince you that you are wrong.
I'll let you look up your own numbers from now on. You'll only believe the ones you want to believe anyway.

That's a very Republican attitude to have, IMO.

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:So, four days into early voting and the Dems are ahead in voters who have turned out at the polls, and you say it's an utter failure?
I think you are full of yourself and no statistics whatever could convince you that you are wrong.
I'll let you look up your own numbers from now on. You'll only believe the ones you want to believe anyway.

That's a very Republican attitude to have, IMO.

Oh My!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Newt Gingrich admits Kavanaugh fight was about protecting Trump

Newt Gingrich just admitted what we knew all along: Republicans are counting on Kavanaugh to protect Trump from investigations.

Former GOP Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said the quiet part out loud Thursday, when he admitted that the fight over Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court was driven by Republicans’ desire to install a justice who would protect Trump from investigations.

In a live interview with the Washington Post, Gingrich said Republicans would find out if the battle to confirm Kavanaugh was “worth it” if Democrats end up retaking the majority in Congress and try to subpoena Trump’s tax returns.

If Democrats attempt to compel Trump to turn over his tax returns, “they’ll be trapped into appealing to the Supreme Court,” Gingrich said, referring to a potential court battle over whether a sitting president must comply with a subpoena.

“And we’ll see whether or not the Kavanaugh fight was worth it,” he said, prompting gasps from audience members.

Gingrich also said he isn’t worried about Trump getting caught up in lawsuits and legal troubles, and doesn’t think Trump has anything to fear about about Democratic lawmakers’ ability to investigate him.

“This is a billionaire who has fought lawsuits his entire career and he’s never noticed them. He doesn’t care,” Gingrich said. “That’s why he has lawyers. So they can come at him from 100 levels — he’ll just hire 100 lawyers. I don’t think he has any fear of the Democrats.”

Gingrich’s remarks appear to confirm what many already suspected: Republicans are counting on Kavanaugh to use his new seat on the Supreme Court to protect Trump from legal scrutiny.

During Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings, Democratic lawmakers repeatedly questioned Kavanaugh about his views on issues related to executive power, including whether or not a sitting president can be compelled to testify or turn over documents.

In one notable exchange, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) directly pressed Kavanaugh on whether a president must respond to a subpoena issued by a court of law. He refused to answer the question.

Kavanaugh has argued previously that a sitting president should not be subject to criminal or civil litigation — indicating that he would likely issue rulings in favor of Trump if the Supreme Court is asked to hear a case challenging the authority of congressional investigators, or even special counsel Robert Mueller’s team.

This could be particularly relevant in coming months, given that Democrats have been studying potential ways to obtain Trump’s tax returns. One of the strategies they’ve discussed involves an old provision in the tax code that may set up a legal fight that would likely end up in the Supreme Court.

And Kavanaugh will be there to protect Trump, even if it means trampling on democracy in the process.

https://shareblue.com/newt-gingrich-brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-trump-tax-returns/?fbclid=IwAR1cXRhILgOE96UGSGWSt_LgwnXseagN_fnPPVb0m6L4QIXV2GWUnDqxvaI

2seaoat

the utter failure of the blue wave in early voting is not by accident. It is exactly like 2016.......now I will enjoy rocket science.

bigdog

2seaoat wrote:the utter failure of the blue wave in early voting is not by accident.  It is exactly like 2016.......now I will enjoy rocket science.

It's 12 days until the election. No rocket scientist would ever base any conclusion on evidence that he doesn't have yet.
Please don't insult rocket scientists.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:
2seaoat wrote:the utter failure of the blue wave in early voting is not by accident.  It is exactly like 2016.......now I will enjoy rocket science.

It's 12 days until the election. No rocket scientist would ever base any conclusion on evidence that he doesn't have yet.
Please don't insult rocket scientists.

cheers    cheers    cheers

2seaoat

show me the blue wave with any early voting based on registration......rocket science to follow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum