Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford

+7
EmeraldGhost
polecat
PkrBum
zsomething
Floridatexan
Telstar
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/two-men-say-they-not-brett-kavanaugh-had-alleged-sexual-encounter-with-christine-ford/ar-AAAHgbz?li=BBnb7Kz

No reason to believe these men either. You see due process as a foundational matter, understands that time erodes memory, and the relevancy of accusations become less and less with time. I take no pleasure if Dr. Ford is proven to be mistaken, or if she is proven to be correct, but the simple truth is that proving stuff is more than the standard espoused by some here that if something is plausible, it therefore is relevant, and therefore can be plastered all over cable news where the most outrageous things can be said to harm a man's reputation.

You see some are guided by principles which stay with them regardless of the political mob or tide of righteousness.

“Sheep only need a single flock, but people need two: one to belong to and make them feel comfortable, and another to blame all of society’s problems on.” james rozoff

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/two-men-say-they-not-brett-kavanaugh-had-alleged-sexual-encounter-with-christine-ford/ar-AAAHgbz?li=BBnb7Kz

No reason to believe these men either.  You see due process as a foundational matter, understands that time erodes memory, and the relevancy of accusations become less and less with time.  I take no pleasure if Dr. Ford is proven to be mistaken, or if she is proven to be correct, but the simple truth is that proving stuff is more than the standard espoused by some here that if something is plausible, it therefore is relevant, and therefore can be plastered all over cable news where the most outrageous things can be said to harm a man's reputation.

You see some are guided by principles which stay with them regardless of the political mob or tide of righteousness.  

“Sheep only need a single flock, but people need two: one to belong to and make them feel comfortable, and another to blame all of society’s problems on.”  james rozoff

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford  I_m_ka11

2seaoat

now that was funny Very Happy

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:now that was funny Very Happy

Even he deserves a Sparticus moment. lol!

2seaoat

Where is the lynch mob this morning? You can ignore this thread at your own peril, but who will apologize to the judge and his family?

Oh, these must be really brave individuals to have admitted that it was them who interacted with Ford at that Party, not the Judge. You see some people were convinced that a SA was or could charge the Judge with criminal assault......when you have had to repeatedly deal with false accusations over nearly forty years of a career you can smell something which is not right. So how will the good doctor deal with the questions about these men who have talked to the committee investigators? The important question here will be have we learned from this cluster F.?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Oh, I smell something, all right. It's the stench of partisan politics coming from the WH and the Greedy Old Pigs.

zsomething

I still maintain it was the work of the Kavanaugh-Mask Rapist, who was very active in the area at the time.

Okay, I think I just gave ya'll a preview of what Hannity's show will probably look like tonight. Damn but they're desperate... clutch them straws, motherfuckers.

2seaoat

Why would two men step forward and admit to what the mob here has declared a crime if they were not telling the truth as they know it. Why can't people admit that memories and alcohol with a touch of some forty years does not make for reliable relevant evidence. I mean big dog has told me I do not know the law and the judge is still going to get prosecuted......geez, does anybody here have the integrity to question this rush to judgment and political chit show which has slandered the judge. shameful.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I'd imagine that the two men that came forward have a different version.

She doesn't even remember who drove her home. Believing someone blindly is a fool's errand.

zsomething

2seaoat wrote:Why would two men step forward and admit to what the mob here has declared a crime if they were not telling the truth as they know it.  Why can't people admit that memories and alcohol with a touch of some forty years does not make for reliable relevant evidence.  I mean big dog has told me I do not know the law and the judge is still going to get prosecuted......geez, does anybody here have the integrity to question this rush to judgment and political chit show which has slandered the judge.   shameful.

Because they're part of a cult and are trying to fall on their swords to protect their cult leaders. It happens all the time. Why do ants sacrifice themselves using their bodies to build bridges, or guys throw themselves on a hand grenade? Why does every serial killer have a bunch of people coming in claiming they did the crime? There are loads of Hell's Angels sitting in prison because they wouldn't rat on a club brother who actually did what they're in for. Things like this are hardly unprecedented, or even uncommon. These dupes probably took a generous pay-off. Trump is a fucking mob guy, he can get things like this done.

You're trying to defend some desperate shit that's really not defensible. Why, I don't know, but it's very weird.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Yet... who is making uncorroborated and unprovable accusations at the eleventh hour? Embarassed

polecat

polecat

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford  Doanii10

2seaoat

Why, I don't know, but it's very weird.

I have fought my entire career for equal protection under the law.  I just watched an hour of the hearing.  I believe that somebody did something to her.  However, I also believe this whole political chit show is willing to sacrifice a man's reputation simply because an asz wipe nominated him, and ignore the relevance and reliability of faded memories some forty years ago.  My argument has never been boys will be boys, rather that the Chairman has been correct in how he has proceeded limiting hearsay on hearsay..

I am so happy somebody put a muzzle on butchmeup......what a fricking dick....he talked over counsel and the chairman just to draw attention to himself.....is it any wonder that senators want face time during hearings as they see an opportunity to enhance their political careers.  I think this witness has some serious emotional problems where I am certain something happened to her at some party in high school while she was 15.  How this is relevant to the judge when she did not name him until almost 25 years later, in my mind gives great credence to the two men who have admitted doing this to her.

I want Trump gone.  I just want it done under the law and constitution, and I am appalled by how easily folks toss the protections of due process for political expediency.........I will say she seemed less than truthful when discussing her fear of flying and extensive vacations in the Pacific which required air travel.  I also am bothered that a PHD could not timely contact the senate in regard to these allegations because she did not know how to,   Also, a PHD who does not understand the word exculpatory was a real shock to me.  She was very smooth and confident when she was talking about psycho babble, but the gap in her understanding of the word exculpatory was a WTF moment.

I hope I can listen a little longer before I leave for a couple day, but this is being handled much better than I thought, but I guess the senators who were going to grandstand have all calmed down and are acting senatorial after learning the committee staff has sworn statements from the men who actually interacted with Dr. Ford, and I still believe her but think her memory which was repeatedly cleverly shown by the staff counsel to not be that good in the short term when trying to recount events in the last month.

Hatred of Trump should not allow reason and rationality to completely leave the house.......nor should it ever be an excuse to ignore due process.

2seaoat

The senator from Hawaii just made a blatant political speech which had nothing to do with asking probative questions about the alleged incident, and wasted five minutes where the democrats have been asking for more time. This witness has a very faulty memory in the last month.

Now I get to listen to the "groper" giving his political speech, but sadly where are the probative questions from these senators in regard to the alleged facts. " you are effecting our entire culture".....ok ok ok.....where are the relevant questions about her testimony and the matter at hand.......a total political chit show......this is not about getting to her testimony.....how do you feel.....wtf.

Has anybody else noticed the similarity of her dialect with the judge's.....especially they way they let a sentence slip off with emphasis at the end of the sentence, almost like they are going to ask a question.

Telstar

Telstar

Let's hear from paid Russian troll Markle's favorite Fox News host.

zsomething

2seaoat wrote:Why, I don't know, but it's very weird.

I have fought my entire career for equal protection under the law.  I just watched an hour of the hearing.  I believe that somebody did something to her.  However, I also believe this whole political chit show is willing to sacrifice a man's reputation simply because an asz wipe nominated him, and ignore the relevance and reliability of faded memories some forty years ago.  My argument has never been boys will be boys, rather that the Chairman has been correct in how he has proceeded limiting hearsay on hearsay..

I disagree that it's just a political shitshow.  If it was just some "tactic" they'd have tried to use it to take down the past several nominees the GOP put out.  They didn't do it to Gorsuch, because apparently he's not a rapist.

I don't know that Kavanaugh deserves a good reputation.  And neither do you.  You just picked a side... and, to me, it seems an odd choice of sides.

Nobody remembers everything that happened forty years ago... but they remember traumatic experiences.  I'm not surprised if she doesn't remember who gave her a ride home, because... why would she?  But would she remember somebody holding her down and trying to tear her clothes off when she was 15?  Yeah, I'd think so.  Hell, when I was ten or so a friend's drunk dad tried to grab my dick (and his own son's) while playing "are you a boy or a girl?"   I punched the guy in the arm and worried I'd get thrown out of the truck.   I don't remember a thing about the guy who was driving the truck, not even if he was tall, short, fat, thin, whatever, but I remember a lot of it... and it wasn't nearly as traumatic as what happened to Dr. Ford.

I am so happy somebody put a muzzle on butchmeup......what a fricking dick....he talked over counsel and the chairman just to draw attention to himself.....is it any wonder that senators want face time during hearings as they see an opportunity to enhance their political careers.  I think this witness has some serious emotional problems where I am certain something happened to her at some party in high school while she was 15.  How this is relevant to the judge when she did not name him until almost 25 years later, in my mind gives great credence to the two men who have admitted doing this to her.

She had no reason to come out and go after Kavanaugh until she saw he was going to get promoted to a position he didn't deserve.  A lot of people would rather just try to forget things until they have a reason not to.  

As to whether it's relevant... well, it does speak to his character.  Would he rape a woman now?  Maybe not... few people are still who they were at 17.  But if his judgement led him to do that, apparently to multiple women, then I'd doubt he needs a job as one of America's Nine Best Judges.   There are plenty of other candidates who wouldn't have his character issues.  Since it's a lifetime job, I think it's well worth investigating.

Besides, even beyond his alleged rape attempts, the Trump administration is withholding 100,000 pages of Kavanaugh records.  Why'n hell should anyone confirm a guy who apparently has things they want to hide?   They pitched an eight-titty bitch over Hillary's "missing e-mails" and then they do this.  The hypocrisy's off the charts.

I want Trump gone.

As a patriotic American, I fully agree with that. Smile

I just want it done under the law and constitution, and I am appalled by how easily folks toss the protections of due process for political expediency.........

Same here, but you're assuming that this isn't part of a legal process.   People see a guy who abused them elevated to one of the most powerful positions in the country, and they have a right to say, "Hey, waitaminute, there are things you should know about this guy."  There's nothing shady about that, provided what they're saying is truthful.  And, Dr. Ford passed a lie detector test.  She requested an FBI investigation, which the GOP denied.

Somebody's hiding something, and I gotta say it doesn't look like the person who requested the FBI look into it.

I will say she seemed less than truthful when discussing her fear of flying and extensive vacations in the Pacific which required air travel.

She's obviously someone who doesn't let her fears control her actions.  She agreed to show up for the hearing.  The fact that she'd rather have come by car, when that was a possibility, isn't really that unusual.  If she's flown to visit an island, that's because driving wouldn't be an option there, and going by boat would be more time-consuming and maybe more expensive, so, she sucked it up and soldiered onto the plane.  And she'd already be nervous about testifying, and was trying to avoid compounding it with her fear of air-travel. I don't know... there are a lot of reasons people who try to avoid planes still take them sometimes.  It's by no means a credibility-killer.

I also am bothered that a PHD could not timely contact the senate in regard to these allegations because she did not know how to,   Also, a PHD who does not understand the word exculpatory was a real shock to me.  She was very smooth and confident when she was talking about psycho babble, but the gap in her understanding of the word exculpatory was a WTF moment.

If there's anything in this world that's overrated, it's a PhD.  I've had to proofread papers for PhDs and some of 'em are barely literate.  Anybody can jump through academic hoops if they put in the work... it's just a union card.  I've got grad degrees myself and I'll vouch that they're bullshit and don't mean much.    I don't think I'd know how to contact the senate, never having had to do anything like that.   She figured it out eventually, though.  Everyone has their area of expertise.  "Exculpatory" may not have come up in her line of work.  But she knew "hippocampus."   No one knows everything.    I've got degrees in English.  I can explicate T.S. Eliot's "The Wasteland," but ask me to work out a legal brief and I'll have to shrug.  It's not something I'm trained for, and contacting the Senate and such is probably not something she's familiar with, either.

I hope I can listen a little longer before I leave for a couple day, but this is being handled much better than I thought, but I guess the senators who were going to grandstand have all calmed down and are acting senatorial after learning the committee staff has sworn statements from the men who actually interacted with Dr. Ford, and I still believe her but think her memory which was repeatedly cleverly shown by the staff counsel to not be that good in the short term when trying to recount events in the last month.

Well, from the sound of things, Republicans are treating the whole hearing as a formality and are intent on just ramming the nomination through because they're scared of facing Trump's tantrums.  But, they may have to draw back a bit when they see the public's reaction.  They don't like to admit it, but the public's still their boss.

Hatred of Trump should not allow reason and rationality to completely leave the house.......nor should it ever be an excuse to ignore due process.

I agree with that, but I don't agree that ignoring due process is being done here.

I'm no hysterical Trump-hater.  I won't bite at absolutely anything just because it hurts him.  I only want the real stuff, because when I don't just want to make noise, I want to annihilate.  And the best way to do that is to do it cold and factual.  There's plenty to hang Trump on without playing like Pkrhead and all his conspiracy theories that make him look like a simp.  I'm not a Michael Moore fan, I'm more of a Bob Woodward, John Dean fan... and, at the core, a Sun Tzu/Musashi fan at the way I try to approach it.   Really, the whole G.O.P. is a scam, and it can be brought down with cold hard facts.   That's why I'm always pointing out their track record in the South, etc.  rather than relying just on things like "they're bigots" (which they are, but it's easier for people to try to argue their way out with "I don't think that's bigoted" or whatever.  It's a lot harder for them to get around hard data showing that red states take in federal money while blue states produce it, etc.   When I put out facts and get replied to with Bible quotes, I win.

So, yeah, I agree with sticking to reason and rationality.  But I don't think Dr. Ford's testimony -- as well as the testimony of other people who've accused Kavanaugh -- can be dismissed as not being part of reason and rationality.  If they're telling the truth or not has to be determined, and given the circumstances it's hard to prove anything... especially in an era and to  a crowd where Obama's birth certificate wasn't accepted as "proof."   Yeah, it'll be hearsay... but, if it's compelling, credible hearsay, it must be considered.

So far the accusers are looking more credible than Kavanaugh, who's defense has included such laughable horseshit as "don't look at me, I'm a virgin!"   I mean, c'mon, does anybody really buy his I-got-into-a-party-college's-fraternity-because-I-was-looking-for-people-to-trade-baseball-cards-with type of stories?   I'm not blindly buying anything, but when he goes for that as a defense, I've got to suspect him more than I do his accusers.[/quote]

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford

Only two?

Laughing Laughing

(Lord, I apologize for that one there, and please be with all the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea! Amen! )

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Why, I don't know, but it's very weird.

I want Trump gone.  I just want it done under the law and constitution, and I am appalled by how easily folks toss the protections of due process for political expediency.........I will say she seemed less than truthful when discussing her fear of flying and extensive vacations in the Pacific which required air travel.  I also am bothered that a PHD could not timely contact the senate in regard to these allegations because she did not know how to,   Also, a PHD who does not understand the word exculpatory was a real shock to me.  She was very smooth and confident when she was talking about psycho babble, but the gap in her understanding of the word exculpatory was a WTF moment.

See you're really not a very informed person, Oatie. Your judgement leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure a lot of guilty people got away during your "career'. To compare a traumatic event w/ mundane ordinary memories shows how learned you are not. Ford was not drinking during the incident but rest assured the woman knows who her attacker was even 36 yrs ago. The idea two men would come forward saying it was them is more than ludicrous and telling they were hired. How stupid can somebody be to believe that?

2seaoat

How stupid can somebody be to believe that?

I have never attacked her story, and have always said on the face value her testimony is still not relevant. Let me help you with this concept that you fail to get your head around. At 17 with his mom as a judge, this matter would have been a JD referral. He could have been convicted of all the worst allegations as a juvenile, but that conviction would generally be inadmissible in another court to prove a propensity for bad behavior, and what do you think the law is on disclosure of a juvenile conviction in a job interview....

In Florida.....If you have
no further arrests as an adult, after the age of 24 your juvenile criminal record should be automatically expunged. However, if you were placed in a residential commitment facility as a juvenile, your juvenile criminal records may not be expunged until you reach 26 years of age.
Once expunged the conviction is gone as is the requirement to disclose the same to an employer becomes moot because of the expunging.

This is a high level due process argument which is rendered into the absurdity of he said she said.......and she sounded more believable.

Vikingwoman

WTF? This never had anything to do w/ criminal offenses or juvenile crimes. Nobody was looking to arrest Kavenaugh so I don't know what the hell you're talking about? This was about his fitness as a Supreme Court Judge.

2seaoat

WTF? This never had anything to do w/ criminal offenses or juvenile crimes. Nobody was looking to arrest Kavenaugh so I don't know what the hell you're talking about? This was about his fitness as a Supreme Court Judge.

I know you are sleep walking tonight because you cannot be this woefully ignorant.....the guy who wants to run for President is saying what you deny.  People have been taken over by aliens who have sucked their rational thought.
too funny......the new standard is giving lie detector tests to nominees.......bumpkins. what a chit show for dumb people. Any prosecutor can abuse their discretion and bring a criminal charge against anybody, but they simply do not honor such non relevant evidence lost in the clouds of memory where thousands of years of law have honed how relevant information gets before triers of fact. Now his standard is that Mike Judge is his friend which makes him unfit.......If brave Americans do not step up and stop this McCarthy age character assasination. Shame.

We may seek criminal charges......says the bearded lady to the sword swallower.

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:WTF? This never had anything to do w/ criminal offenses or juvenile crimes. Nobody was looking to arrest Kavenaugh so I don't know what the hell you're talking about? This was about his fitness as a Supreme Court Judge.

Exactly so, Viking. In fact, just about every post of Seaoat's is a "WTF" generator; don't let him get to you.

BTW he also regularly makes errors of fact, even though he's convinced himself he's nearly perfect in that regard.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:WTF? This never had anything to do w/ criminal offenses or juvenile crimes. Nobody was looking to arrest Kavenaugh so I don't know what the hell you're talking about? This was about his fitness as a Supreme Court Judge.

I know you are sleep walking tonight because you cannot be this woefully ignorant.....the guy who wants to run for President is saying what you deny.  People have been taken over by aliens who have sucked their rational thought.
too funny......the new standard is giving lie detector tests to nominees.......bumpkins.  what a chit show for dumb people.  Any prosecutor can abuse their discretion and bring a criminal charge against anybody, but they simply do not honor such non relevant evidence lost in the clouds of memory where thousands of years of law have honed how relevant information gets before triers of fact.  Now his standard is that Mike Judge is his friend which makes him unfit.......If brave Americans do not step up and stop this McCarthy age character assasination.  Shame.

We may seek criminal charges......says the bearded lady to the sword swallower.

That's the other woman, Dipshit! She's not implicating Kavanaugh. Put those screws back in your brain.

2seaoat

Dipshit! She's not implicating Kavanaugh. Put those screws back in your brain.

Really....so the threat of criminal prosecution has not been discussed here, in the media, and in fact by senators at the hearing. brilliant

2seaoat

I don't know that Kavanaugh deserves a good reputation. And neither do you. You just picked a side... and, to me, it seems an odd choice of sides.

I have spent a lifetime fighting bullies and injustice. I have fought for equal protection of the law and due process of the law, and that our constitution, statutes, and spirit have always held the rule of law was important. Just because I hate Trump and would have preferred if he never had a chance to be President, I will not deny the rule of law.

There is no court in America which would allow yearbook entries from high school to be allowed into a trial in 2018,and would have been stricken under due process relevancy if used to prove a sexual assault almost forty years ago. The reason the law does not allow this is because memories fade, and even if it was a certified conviction of an actual juvenile assault, it would not be relevant. Now if he had shown any of this behavior while a judge which is inappropriate, that would be appropriate and relevant. So if he was dry humping women in compulsive gang raping self in 2010, it would be relevant and admissible. You see due process is not something we abandon because of the direction of the wind. I imagine some people will always try to justify the means to an end they believe is righteous.....not when it takes away any semblance of due process and destroys a man.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum