Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford

+7
EmeraldGhost
polecat
PkrBum
zsomething
Floridatexan
Telstar
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:There is no court in America which would allow yearbook entries from high school to be allowed into a trial in 2018

How many times do you have to be reminded this isn't a trial, but an interview to determine fitness for a lifetime appointment to the nation's highest court?

Further, in a job interview in 2018 it's perfectly normal and expected that candidates whose objectionable posts appear on social media sites from any time frame whatsoever may be disqualified thereby. No different from old yearbook entries. NO different.

2seaoat

Further, in a job interview in 2018 it's perfectly normal and expected that candidates whose objectionable posts appear on social media sites from any time frame whatsoever may be disqualified thereby. No different from old yearbook entries. NO different.

This pedestrian argument has so many conceptual flaws that I could waste pages on the historical role of judicial confirmations, but to what end if people do not understand that this is a GOVERNMENT EMPLOYER, and that equal protection is in fact the standard, and applicable, not charlie at the local oil change place asking an employee who his first grade teacher was, and he is hired based on that answer......agree....who cares.

The flaw of this argument is that you assert the power to ask questions, but you so woefully fail to accept the power to vote and confirm this jurist. So cry a river that the power to vote will be exercised, but ignore the power to ignore due process and destroy a man with on the record accusing him of gang rape in high school. Shame.

Telstar

Telstar

Another Sparticus moment...

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford  - Page 2 Laurel10

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote: but ignore the power to ignore due process and destroy a man with on the record accusing him of gang rape in high school.  Shame.

And you have obviously chosen to condemn the accuser just for coming forward with what MAY be the truth, before her assertions have even been duly investigated. Shame on you for presuming her a liar, especially when Kav's penchant for prevarication is already clearly demonstrated.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote: you so woefully fail to accept the power to vote and confirm this jurist.  So cry a river that the power to vote will be exercised.

This is total and complete BULLSHIT, and I'll continue to call it what it is each time it rears its stinking head. I never said a word about voting or not voting; you are positively FULL OF IT.

2seaoat

And you have obviously chosen to condemn the accuser just for coming forward with what MAY be the truth,

I will give you plenty of time to copy and past where I have condemned Dr. King. I did not. You have chosen to suspend common sense and decency by lying about my position. My position is clear. This inquiry as to his behavior in high school is not relevant, and has resulted in prejudice and the denial of due process for this candidate. I have never seen more crass questions whose only purpose was to destroy this man when he denied the allegations, and not one witness has done anything to shine a credible light on almost forty year memories. This is a political show trial:

A show trial is a public trial in which the judicial authorities have already determined the guilt of the defendant. When senators are calling Brett Evil before on minute of the hearing.......it is nothing more than a soviet style show trial. Show trials tend to be retributive rather than corrective and they are also conducted for propagandistic purposes. The term was first recorded in the 1930s and is applicable when due process considerations are tossed out the window.

Telstar

Telstar

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford  - Page 2 Martin10

PkrBum

PkrBum

We are now guilty until and if we can prove ourselves innocent. Good work comrades. Rolling Eyes

Telstar

Telstar

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford  - Page 2 Pkr_gr10

2seaoat

We are now guilty until and if we can prove ourselves innocent. Good work comrades. Rolling Eyes

I find this amusing. After years of listening to accusations against President Obama and SOS Clinton, which were irrational and fueled on lies and propaganda, The Democrats resort to using the same methodology. I am tired of radicals. I am tired of stupid people who are ill informed and not well read. I am tired that a man loses the presumption of innocence as soon as it is determined he has a penis, drinks beer, and plays football. The only thing just a little bit funny is that they will have no better luck than the false accusations against Clinton and Obama, when I was told daily she had broken the law. Now our Mensa squad denies that people are clamoring to open a criminal investigation of the judge for sexual assault.........so that lock her up chant, was unfair........and they are in denial that they are doing the exact same thing......to a jurist who other than this chit fest would have been confirmed a month ago. Hypocrisy is thick.

Telstar

Telstar

Fairly unbalanced...

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:We are now guilty until and if we can prove ourselves innocent. Good work comrades. Rolling Eyes

I find this amusing.  After years of listening to accusations against President Obama and SOS Clinton, which were irrational and fueled on lies and propaganda, The Democrats resort to using the same methodology.  I am tired of radicals.  I am tired of stupid people who are ill informed and not well read.  I am tired that a man loses the presumption of innocence as soon as it is determined he has a penis, drinks beer, and plays football.  The only thing just a little bit funny is that they will have no better luck than the false accusations against Clinton and Obama, when I was told daily she had broken the law.  Now our Mensa squad denies that people are clamoring to open a criminal investigation of the judge for sexual assault.........so that lock her up chant, was unfair........and they are in denial that they are doing the exact same thing......to a jurist who other than this chit fest would have been confirmed a month ago.  Hypocrisy is thick.

You fail to mention Merrick Garland or the speed with which Gorsuch was confirmed. This man would dishonor the Supreme Court and WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
2seaoat wrote:We are now guilty until and if we can prove ourselves innocent. Good work comrades. Rolling Eyes

I find this amusing.  After years of listening to accusations against President Obama and SOS Clinton, which were irrational and fueled on lies and propaganda, The Democrats resort to using the same methodology.  I am tired of radicals.  I am tired of stupid people who are ill informed and not well read.  I am tired that a man loses the presumption of innocence as soon as it is determined he has a penis, drinks beer, and plays football.  The only thing just a little bit funny is that they will have no better luck than the false accusations against Clinton and Obama, when I was told daily she had broken the law.  Now our Mensa squad denies that people are clamoring to open a criminal investigation of the judge for sexual assault.........so that lock her up chant, was unfair........and they are in denial that they are doing the exact same thing......to a jurist who other than this chit fest would have been confirmed a month ago.  Hypocrisy is thick.

You fail to mention Merrick Garland or the speed with which Gorsuch was confirmed. This man would dishonor the Supreme Court and WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED.

Hopefully the majority will not side with the pigs that are bending over backwards to appease the out of control maniac.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford  - Page 2 42799453_313186499235250_6958711175529889792_n

Laughing Laughing

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote: Dipshit! She's not implicating Kavanaugh. Put those screws back in your brain.

Really....so the threat of criminal prosecution has not been discussed here, in the media, and in fact by senators at the hearing.   brilliant

No, I have not heard any threat of criminal prosecution regarding Kavanaugh. He was a juvenile at the time.

Vikingwoman

Oh it's so unfair to accuse a jurist of sexual assault! Boo hoo hoo! It doesn't matter he may have bad character.

2seaoat

It doesn't matter he may have bad character.

I guess if you are declared to be an evil person before a hearing, we can suspend due process and just go with that conclusion. Throw enough chit on the wall and hope you can derail the process which the American people elected a President who told you that he was going to put conservatives on the court, and the far left has had a tantrum. I will agree with one thing. When this judge is seated, he will not waste any time showing how conservative he is........I think this scorched earth policy will not serve the country, and has hurt any chance of the Democrats getting the senate. So once again, rather than looking at the long term, there will be two more years of Republican control of the Senate and more nominations to come. He will be confirmed.

Deus X

Deus X

The purpose of a hearing is to discover whether or not you're an evil person.

DUH!

2seaoat

The purpose of a hearing is to discover whether or not you're an evil person.

DUH!

So as a kid you put the caboose on the front of your toy train and you were confused why the train did not move. Attacking the man as evil before one witness is heard is your type of due process......direct and wrong.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:It doesn't matter he may have bad character.

I guess if you are declared to be an evil person before a hearing, we can suspend due process and just go with that conclusion.  Throw enough chit on the wall and hope you can derail the process which the American people elected a President who told you that he was going to put conservatives on the court, and the far left has had a tantrum.  I will agree with one thing.  When this judge is seated, he will not waste any time showing how conservative he is........I think this scorched earth policy will not serve the country, and has hurt any chance of the Democrats getting the senate.  So once again, rather than looking at the long term, there will be two more years of Republican control of the Senate and more nominations to come.  He will be confirmed.

That's the problem now. Kavanaugh is now so biased against the left he couldn't possibly be a neutral jurist. For that reason alone he shouldn't be confirmed.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:I have never seen more crass questions whose only purpose was to destroy this man when he denied the allegations,

Two men say they, not Brett Kavanaugh, had alleged sexual encounter with Christine Ford  - Page 2 Image12

Vikingwoman

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/kavanaugh-lied-senate-judiciary-committee.html

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:So as a kid you put the caboose on the front of your toy train and you were confused why the train did not move.  

Apparently, you don't get it. YOU'RE the caboose and the train starts behind me.

Brace yourself.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum