Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

rep Hill wants to bring the Trump Hollywood Star to Pensacola confederate monument

+3
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Getting rid of Trump will not solve a thing when you have people honoring a draft dodger, tacitly approving of his attacks on McCain, and thinking that you have to write conservative on your sign, and stand in front of a confederate monument. It is F'd up in the panhandle right now despite Trump.

http://www.northescambia.com/2018/08/hill-wants-to-bring-trumps-hollywood-star-to-pensacola-bydlak-keeps-on-knocking

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Getting rid of Trump will not solve a thing when you have people honoring a draft dodger, tacitly approving of his attacks on McCain, and thinking that you have to write conservative on your sign, and stand in front of a confederate monument.  It is F'd  up in the panhandle right now despite Trump.

http://www.northescambia.com/2018/08/hill-wants-to-bring-trumps-hollywood-star-to-pensacola-bydlak-keeps-on-knocking

I will not vote for either candidate. Mike Hill is especially braindead. He's also following his compadre Gaetz in using the "conservative" moniker. I am disgusted as usual with local politics. BTW, I'm pretty sure I used to work with Clay Ingram's dad. Didn't much like him, either.

2seaoat

Hill reminds me of an insecure kid who just wants to go along with the gang.....so the choice of the Confederate monument says it all. Trump will be gone in a couple years, but creatures like hill will crawl out from under a rock and stand before a confederate monument. These are not Republicans. They are Dixiecrats all........The Republican's have lost their moral compass to have these haters thinking they represent American values. They do not.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Someone on Twitter Tweeted that Confederate Monuments are nothing more than "participation trophies" given that they lost and all. I'm just reading Mitch Landrieu's book about taking down the monuments in NOLA.

They are much more than participation trophies of course and it is good that they are gone from New Orleans. He writes:

"We cannot change the past, but we are not obligated to cave in to some nostalgia-coated idea that a statue is good because it's old. Symbols matter. And these were symbols of white supremacy put up for a particular reason."

He had a lot of community support for taking down the monuments and also some vocal resistance but they are down now with new things planned to take their place. It is a move in the right direction.

2seaoat

Who goes to a Confederate monument? A hater and a racist. When I used to try to describe to Bob how bad it was in the Panhandle, he did not think it was, and a poster called Skipper would talk about how racist Boston was.

It is everywhere, and my son is upset about it. His wife has five sisters. The youngest in her senior year of high school she had a horrible auto accident with head injuries which changed her behavior. She got involved with a handsome black kid who was selling drugs and ended up getting an eight year jail sentence. She had his child who is going into first grade. My son has made an effort over the last five years of being a father figure.

He includes Carter in most activities my grandsons are involved. So he took the boys up to Wisconsin Dells, and camped at a campground we took my son and daughter when they were young. There is a marina and bar where he took the boys to get a pepsi at the bar, and they were playing country music on the system. When my son came back in with Carter, a guy got up and put a Rap record using the N word. My son is a big boy and he wanted to tear this guys head off, but he realized in the end it would only hurt carter. The kid is being brought up in a white world and is a smart loving great kid, but he is going to have to learn that stupid fearful people are intimidated and scared of black people. I am very proud of my son. I am also proud of my grandsons who do not have a racist bone in their young bodies. Hate has to be taught, and this Hill character is cowardly.

Telstar

Telstar

rep Hill wants to bring the Trump Hollywood Star to Pensacola confederate monument 1c253410

polecat

polecat

It would be a fitting tribute if the US Navy's Blue Angels did a missing man formation while buzzing the White House. Ya know, one last goodbye.

Next time Trump complains about an NFL player not respecting this country, remind him how he used the American flag to disrespect a deceased veteran. - Roland Scahill

“The Cong were after me,” Trump said. “And then, just in the nick of time, I got my deferment.” - Andy Borowitz

rep Hill wants to bring the Trump Hollywood Star to Pensacola confederate monument Trump-12

Dear Trump: The media's not out to get you.
The media's out to get ratings.
America's out to get you.
The media's just covering it. - John Fugelsang

Christians supporting Donald Trump are the most morally confused people I've ever met. - John Pavlovitz

Trump’s eventual funeral will be as sparsely attended as his inauguration. - Roland Scahill

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:Who goes to a Confederate monument?   A hater and a racist.  When I used to try to describe to Bob how bad it was in the Panhandle, he did not think it was, and a poster called Skipper would talk about how racist Boston was.

It is everywhere, and my son is upset about it.   His wife has five sisters.  The youngest in her senior year of high school she had a horrible auto accident with head injuries which changed her behavior.  She got involved with a handsome black kid who was selling drugs and ended up getting an eight year jail sentence.  She had his child who is going into first grade.   My son has made an effort over the last five years of being a father figure.

He includes Carter in most activities my grandsons are involved.  So he took the boys up to Wisconsin Dells, and camped at a campground we took my son and daughter when they were young.  There is a marina and bar where he took the boys to get a pepsi at the bar, and they were playing country music on the system.  When my son came back in with Carter, a guy got up and put a Rap record using the N word.  My son is a big boy and he wanted to tear this guys head off, but he realized in the end it would only hurt carter.  The kid is being brought up in a white world and is a smart loving great kid, but he is going to have to learn that stupid fearful people are intimidated and scared of black people.  I am very proud of my son.  I am also proud of my grandsons who do not have a racist bone in their young bodies.  Hate has to be taught, and this Hill character is cowardly.

Perception of race is so complicated. I have friends who adopted the mixed race son, part of a dysfunctional pairing of one of their siblings. I don't know all the details but the boy has grown up appearing to be black but disliking blacks and not able to relate to that culture. He is an Oreo. I am sad for him because, although he had a good upbringing his mind could not successfully integrate his thoughts and appearance. This does not seem to bother him though. He prefers dating white women. I wonder how this will play out. Probably no detrimental consequences.

Perception of race is so complicated. Some people could not distinguish between Obama's accomplishments and character and a rap star or pimp because of his color. That always astounded me.

Perception of race is so complicated. Can you imagine a black man running for president who had four children by three different wives and who bragged about assaulting women?

Mayor Landrieu lost half his white support after taking down the Confederate monuments in one of the more liberal cities in the South, New Orleans. People who had been friends of his family for decades stopped talking to him. It is really insane how some are effected by just the thought of race.

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:It is really insane how some are effected by just the thought of race.

Insanely affected, one might say.  Agree.

And here in FL we're now going to see a governor's race between a white, Trump-backed conservative and a black progressive.  Couldn't be a more stark differentiation.   Could be very telling, what happens with this one in November.

Deus X

Deus X

RealLindaL wrote:And here in FL we're now going to see a governor's race between a white, Trump-backed conservative and a black progressive.  Couldn't be a more stark differentiation.   Could be very telling, what happens with this one in November.

Sadly, I don't think Gillum has a chance. Here's the 2016 results:

rep Hill wants to bring the Trump Hollywood Star to Pensacola confederate monument 323px-Florida_Presidential_Election_Results_2016.svg

Gillum's gonna get creamed. Badly.

Even some of the blue districts are going to have doubts about voting for a Black governor and either vote for DeSantis or not vote. Florida is damn near as redneck and backward as Arizona.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:And here in FL we're now going to see a governor's race between a white, Trump-backed conservative and a black progressive.  Couldn't be a more stark differentiation.   Could be very telling, what happens with this one in November.

rep Hill wants to bring the Trump Hollywood Star to Pensacola confederate monument 323px-Florida_Presidential_Election_Results_2016.svg

Even some of the blue districts are going to have doubts about voting for a Black governor and either vote for DeSantis or not vote. Florida is damn near as redneck and backward as Arizona.

Or in other words a shithole state. Sad

Deus X

Deus X

Telstar wrote:
Deus X wrote:

Or in other words a shithole state.  

Exactly, just look at the map.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

GOP Trump candidate vs black liberal/progressive.

Gillum had people power. His opponent had Trump's endorsement.

Of course when looking at the map of Florida it is good to keep in mind that all counties are not created equal when it comes to population so we shouldn't be too discouraged by all the red showing up.

Both parties were fired up with over a million votes cast on both sides. R's and D's are both energized. This will be very interesting! Here's the electoral map from 2012, the state turned blue and Obama won it (again) but it still looks quite red. Oh, and then there's the Puerto Rican voters who are no supporters of Trump.

rep Hill wants to bring the Trump Hollywood Star to Pensacola confederate monument FLorida-2008-presidential-election-map-us-today

polecat

polecat

rep Hill wants to bring the Trump Hollywood Star to Pensacola confederate monument 20180814

Telstar

Telstar

Will rep. Hill provide the guards that will be needed to keep real Americans from crapping on and defacing Donny's star every day?

2seaoat

Will rep. Hill provide the guards that will be needed to keep real Americans from crapping on and defacing Donny's star every day?

I just cannot believe that a candidate in America in 2018 can stand in front of a confederate monument and talk about bringing the trump star to Pensacola. The panhandle has become an armpit. When feeble legal arguments involving the commerce clause were constructed by some Southern AGs who wanted to find a district court which would be favorable.......they came to Pensacola. Right now I believe the Florida Panhandle is more racist than Alabama. I am disgusted that this man got elected, and I do not want to hear one word about anything changing in regard to race.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Will rep. Hill provide the guards that will be needed to keep real Americans from crapping on and defacing Donny's star every day?

I just cannot believe that a candidate in America in 2018 can stand in front of a confederate monument and talk about bringing the trump star to Pensacola.  The panhandle has become an armpit.  When feeble legal arguments involving the commerce clause were constructed by some Southern AGs who wanted to find a district court which would be favorable.......they came to Pensacola.  Right now I believe the Florida Panhandle is more racist than Alabama.  I am disgusted that this man got elected, and I do not want to hear one word about anything changing in regard to race.

Some things never change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum