Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanting to continue it's cozy relationship with Wall St. and Big Banks, DNC aims shot at Bernie

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

As all of you know, I'm a staunch Bernie Sanders progressive ... and a registered Democrat.  For now.  But the DNC just made a new rule aimed at barring Bernie from Democratic support in the next presidential election -- the new rule requires all candidates to be registered democrats.  

What Bernie stands for is medicare for all, competitive prescription drug costs, free college education, a minimum wage of $15 per hour, strong environmental legislation, an end to the use of fossil fuels, and a serious cutback of American overseas military bases.

What the Democratic Party stands for is some of the above, while maintaining their cozy remunerative relationship with sponsors like Wall Street and the Biggest Banks.  

Reality:  Without the fervent support of thousands of progressives like me, the Democrats cannot win national presidential elections -- they proved that in the last fiasco by sticking with crooked Hillary.  And the Republicans are in the same boat -- they can't win without bending over to Trump's base of knuckle-dragging deplorables.

As I stated in this forum long before the Hillary vs. Trump game was over, "Whoever wins this race, we -- the American people -- lose."  

The DNC has to consider, do they want to win, or do they want to endure another four years of Hair Twitler?

As things stand, I won't be voting this next round.  Will you?

Reality.

Deus X

Deus X

Wordslinger wrote:As all of you know, I'm a staunch Bernie Sanders progressive ... and a registered Democrat.  For now.  But the DNC just made a new rule aimed at barring Bernie from Democratic support in the next presidential election -- the new rule requires all candidates to be registered democrats.  

What Bernie stands for is medicare for all, competitive prescription drug costs, free college education, a minimum wage of $15 per hour, strong environmental legislation, an end to the use of fossil fuels, and a serious cutback of American overseas military bases.

What the Democratic Party stands for is some of the above, while maintaining their cozy remunerative relationship with sponsors like Wall Street and the Biggest Banks.  

Reality:  Without the fervent support of thousands of progressives like me, the Democrats cannot win national presidential elections -- they proved that in the last fiasco by sticking with crooked Hillary.  And the Republicans are in the same boat -- they can't win without bending over to Trump's base of knuckle-dragging deplorables.

As I stated in this forum long before the Hillary vs. Trump game was over, "Whoever wins this race, we -- the American people -- lose."  

AMEN, BROTHER!

Ever since Bill Clinton, the Capo of the Clinton Crime Family, signed Gramm-Leach-Bliley deregulating banks and then the Commodity Futures Modernization Act which exempted Credit Default Swaps from financial regulation, it's been obvious that the Clintons are toadies of Wall Street. The 2008 crash can be laid squarely in his lap. No wonder Hillary the Insufferable wouldn't release the transcripts of her Wall Street speeches.

Until they're driven out, the Democratic party, will never return to its Depression era-FDR roots. The Clintons sold out to Wall Street and ruined the Democratic party. No one who supports them deserves to call themselves progressive.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Deus X wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:As all of you know, I'm a staunch Bernie Sanders progressive ... and a registered Democrat.  For now.  But the DNC just made a new rule aimed at barring Bernie from Democratic support in the next presidential election -- the new rule requires all candidates to be registered democrats.  

AMEN, BROTHER!

Ever since Bill Clinton, the Capo of the Clinton Crime Family, signed Gramm-Leach-Bliley deregulating banks and then the Commodity Futures Modernization Act which exempted Credit Default Swaps from financial regulation, it's been obvious that the Clintons are toadies of Wall Street. The 2008 crash can be laid squarely in his lap. No wonder Hillary the Insufferable wouldn't release the transcripts of her Wall Street speeches.

Until they're driven out, the Democratic party, will never return to its Depression era-FDR roots. The Clintons sold out to Wall Street and ruined the Democratic party. No one who supports them deserves to call themselves progressive.

Who should you and I vote for in the next big election?

Deus X

Deus X

Wordslinger wrote:Who should you and I vote for in the next big election?

In 2018, in Escambia, it's hard to say. The ultra-reactionary Gaetz is an almost certain lock for FL District 1 because the Democratic Party hereabouts is a pathetic mess--more concerned with fund-raisers than expending shoe leather and oblivious to the lesson of Eric Cantor. In 2020 it's too early to hazard a guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum