Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WAPO: McMaster out, more to follow...

+4
zsomething
polecat
Floridatexan
Deus X
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Deus X

Deus X

Trump decides to remove national security adviser, and others may follow

President Trump has decided to remove H.R. McMaster as his national security adviser and is actively discussing potential replacements, according to five people with knowledge of the plans, preparing to deliver yet another jolt to the senior ranks of his administration.

The mood inside the White House in recent days has verged on mania, as Trump increasingly keeps his own counsel and senior aides struggle to determine the gradations between rumor and truth. At times, they say, they are anxious and nervous, wondering what each new headline may mean for them personally.

But in other moments, they appear almost as characters in an absurdist farce — openly joking about whose career might end with the next presidential tweet. Some White House officials have begun betting about which staffer will be ousted next, though few, if any, have much reliable information about what is actually going on.

Many aides were particularly unsettled by the firing of the president’s longtime personal aide, John McEntee, who was marched out of the White House on Tuesday after his security clearance was abruptly revoked.

“Everybody fears the perp walk,” one senior White House official said. “If it could happen to Johnny, the president’s body guy, it could happen to anybody.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-decides-to-remove-national-security-adviser-and-others-may-follow/2018/03/15/fea2ebae-285c-11e8-bc72-077aa4dab9ef_story.html?utm_term=.d008ed1eb70a

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Kelly may be next.

polecat

polecat

Floridatexan wrote:
Kelly may be next.

Nope...
little donny jr's wife

zsomething

I think Rachel Maddow described the Trump White House as "a full blender with the lid off," and that's dead-on. It's a tilt-a-whirl with no safety bars and people are getting slung out right and left in the chaos.

I think Trump still thinks he's making a reality show. I'm not sure he even governs according to what'll make the best policy, but to what'll make the best TV. Almost everyone he wants to bring on staff are from TV. At one point he supposedly wanted Sean Hannity to be his Press Secretary, and Laura Ingrahm's also been in the running. Essentially, the country doesn't have a president right now... FOX News and your crazy uncle who forwards you conspiracy theories from InfoWars is running it. Honestly, I don't think the Republicans could have possibly picked a more incompetent "leader," although they came pretty close to Sarah Palin once. They crawled over a whole bunch of sucky-but-better-than-Trump candidates to nominate this fool. It's got to be embarrassing to be a Republican now.

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:It's got to be embarrassing to be a Republican now.

I sure hope to hell they're embarrassed. If the majority of Republicans aren't deeply ashamed they put this sad, scary joke in the White House, the nation is truly screwed.

zsomething

Trump is going to stun the world by announcing that his new Attorney General will be... THE SHOCKMASTER!

this thing went so badly I can't believe Trump had nothing to do with it

Deus X

Deus X

You might be watching a bit too much TV, Z.

zsomething

Deus X wrote:You might be watching a bit too much TV, Z.

There is no such thing as too much TV! Smile

polecat

polecat

Half of Trump's A-Team couldn't get security clearance and included felons, Nazis, racists, wife-beaters and gambling addicts. Just imagine how "qualified" the B-Team will be. So far the candidates include a warmonger, a cocaine addict and a torturer.- Wil Donnelly

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:Trump is going to stun the world by announcing that his new Attorney General will be... THE SHOCKMASTER!

this thing went so badly I can't believe Trump had nothing to do with it

Don't laugh. Mrs.Vince McMahon (WWE) is bone spur's small business czar. He appointed her after she threw away $100 million dollars on 2 losing senate runs. You joined this forum too late but there was a beloved long time member who passed away a couple of years ago called Bob. He loved to talk about pro rasslin' and b movies. He warned that politics was becoming pro rasslin' and he was right God rest his soul. He advised seeing the movie IDIOCRACY about a future where Americans are as dumb as rocks and the POTUS is a pro rassler.' The future is now and God help US all.

zsomething

Telstar wrote:

Don't laugh. Mrs.Vince McMahon (WWE) is bone spur's small business czar. He appointed her after she threw away $100 million dollars on 2 losing senate runs. You joined this forum too late but there was a beloved long time member who passed away a couple of years ago called Bob. He loved to talk about pro rasslin' and b movies. He warned that politics was becoming pro rasslin' and he was right God rest his soul. He advised seeing the movie IDIOCRACY about a future where Americans are as dumb as rocks and the POTUS is a pro rassler.' The future is now and God help US all.

Yep, I can definitely see it. Trump is all show-biz, and all he really knows of show-biz is reality TV (which I think he thinks he's still doing, with all the firing he does), and rasslin' (which is why all his speeches sound like badly cut wrestling promos). And his followers love it because it's what they're used to. Jerry Lawler was almost mayor of Memphis once...

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Yep, I can definitely see it.  Trump is all show-biz, and all he really knows of show-biz is reality TV (which I think he thinks he's still doing, with all the firing he does), and rasslin' (which is why all his speeches sound like badly cut wrestling promos).   And his followers love it because it's what they're used to.   Jerry Lawler was almost mayor of Memphis once...

Then again Jesse Ventura WAS governor of Minnesota. What the hell were THEY thinking.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Top White House lawyer John Dowd quits after Trump repeatedly ignores his advice in Mueller probe: report

BRAD REED
22 MAR 2018 AT 11:26 ET

Top White House lawyer John Dowd has quit his position after reportedly being frustrated that President Donald Trump keeps spurning his advice for how to handle the probe of special counsel Robert Mueller.

The New York Times reports that Dowd tendered his resignation on Thursday, although one source tells the publication that he had considered resigning for months because he “ultimately concluded that Mr. Trump was increasingly ignoring his advice.”

Although the Times makes no mention of what advice Trump is specifically ignoring, the report does say that Dowd has repeatedly tried to warn the president against doing a face-to-face interview with special counsel Robert Mueller — whereas Trump himself has said that he believes he should do an interview with the special counsel.

“It is not clear who will take over the legal team,” the Times further notes. “Trump’s other personal lawyer for the investigation, Jay Sekulow, is liked by the president and recently brought on one of his longtime friends, Joseph E. diGenova, to join the team.”

What makes Dowd’s departure particularly jarring is the fact that he told the Times on Monday that he was staying at his job.

“I’m sitting here working on the president’s case right now,” he told the paper.

Trump in recent days has publicly attacked the Mueller probe on Twitter and has said he doesn’t believe it should have ever been started.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/top-white-house-lawyer-john-dowd-quits-trump-repeatedly-spurns-advice-report/

polecat

polecat

GOP operative Rick Wilson is always fun to watch, because he despises Trump and never minces words. Last night, he set host Don Lemon back on his heels when asked about Trump hiring Fox News yakker Joe DiGenova as his newest attorney.

"Rick, don't you think this is media war or maybe as theories?" Lemon asked.

"It appears he has assembled a team of TV lawyers and TV spinners who are going to spin the story about how Mueller is, you know, corrupt and everyone is corrupt. Isn't it more than that than, what they're actually going to do in the courtroom or behind the scenes as attorneys?"

"Well, the problem for the whole theory of a reality TV set of lawyers is that Robert Mueller has a team of pipe-swinging, knee-breaking actual prosecutors," Wilson said.

"And they're going to chew these guys up and spit them out. They're going to take a Joe DiGenova, who haven't practiced law for quite some time, I understand -- they're going to gut them. They're going to roll them over and spank them. This isn't going to be a fair fight. Because Robert Mueller has people who actually know things and built a case.

"And they're going to win this war and not win it on Sean Hannity bellowing louder than anyone else on TV. That may move the Trump base, but I think it's not going to have a lot of impact at all on this case. He's rolled up mobsters with great attorneys before.

"So I really don't think this is going to be something that Donald Trump picking a guy because he can fight well on Fox TV and scream conspiracy about the FBI or the DOJ and the government, the deep state. you know, it's -- this is the Trump idea that the world is reality television when there's actually reality outside of reality television," Wilson concluded.

PkrBum

PkrBum

I would crack up if Mueller started handing everyone immunities like comey did with the Hillary team.

Imagine the heads exploding all over leftist media... lol.

Deus X

Deus X

polecat wrote:GOP operative Rick Wilson is always fun to watch, because he despises Trump and never minces words. Last night, he set host Don Lemon back on his heels when asked about Trump hiring Fox News yakker Joe DiGenova as his newest attorney.

"Rick, don't you think this is media war or maybe as theories?" Lemon asked.

"It appears he has assembled a team of TV lawyers and TV spinners who are going to spin the story about how Mueller is, you know, corrupt and everyone is corrupt. Isn't it more than that than, what they're actually going to do in the courtroom or behind the scenes as attorneys?"

"Well, the problem for the whole theory of a reality TV set of lawyers is that Robert Mueller has a team of pipe-swinging, knee-breaking actual prosecutors," Wilson said.

"And they're going to chew these guys up and spit them out. They're going to take a Joe DiGenova, who haven't practiced law for quite some time, I understand -- they're going to gut them. They're going to roll them over and spank them. This isn't going to be a fair fight. Because Robert Mueller has people who actually know things and built a case.

"And they're going to win this war and not win it on Sean Hannity bellowing louder than anyone else on TV. That may move the Trump base, but I think it's not going to have a lot of impact at all on this case. He's rolled up mobsters with great attorneys before.

"So I really don't think this is going to be something that Donald Trump picking a guy because he can fight well on Fox TV and scream conspiracy about the FBI or the DOJ and the government, the deep state. you know, it's -- this is the Trump idea that the world is reality television when there's actually reality outside of reality television," Wilson concluded.

I agree with this but what's the end game? No matter what Mueller does, to get rid of Trump you still have to convict him in the Senate. That means that two-thirds of the Senate has to vote to remove him from office. Not gonna happen.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I agree with this but what's the end game? No matter what Mueller does, to get rid of Trump you still have to convict him in the Senate. That means that two-thirds of the Senate has to vote to remove him from office. Not gonna happen. wrote:

The domino effect is in full swing:

Lack of Candor
By Al Franken, Al Franken's Facebook Page

24 March 18

That’s one of the reasons that Attorney General Jeff Sessions used to justify his decision to fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe last week, just two days before Mr. McCabe was set to retire from a distinguished 21-year career with the Bureau. Ironic, because, as you may recall, Jeff Sessions has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of candor – under oath – about his own interactions with Russians.

During his confirmation hearing, I alerted then-Senator Sessions to a breaking report from CNN that there had been an ongoing exchange of information between the Trump campaign and the Russians. When I asked him what he would do as Attorney General if those reports were true, Mr. Sessions decided to answer a different question:

SESSIONS: “Senator Franken, I am not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have – did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

That turned out to be false. Then-Senator Sessions had, in fact, met with Russian ambassador Kislyak at least three times during the 2016 campaign. I’d like to claim that I was three steps ahead of Sessions - that I knew Senator Sessions wouldn’t answer my question and would pivot to a lie that would ultimately lead to his recusal in the Russia investigation. I’d like to claim that but in all candor, I had no idea that was the moment that would lead to the Mueller investigation.

The Attorney General has a different version of this exchange. He said he was “taken aback” by my question and that in retrospect, he should have slowed down and been more forthcoming about his meetings. Now, I’m no lawyer, but it’s not a good sign if the man nominated to be our nation’s top prosecutor is so easily flummoxed by a straightforward question.

But in the weeks and months that followed, as Attorney General Sessions was called before congressional committees to explain himself, try as he might, he just couldn’t manage to set the record straight. His explanation of his own Russian contacts continued to shift – from “I did not have communications with the Russians” to “I did not meet with any Russians to discuss any political campaign” to the Justice Department asserting that Sessions “did not discuss interference in the campaign” with any Russians.

When I asked him in an October hearing whether he believed that other Trump campaign surrogates communicated with the Russians, Attorney General Sessions said no. “I’m not aware of anyone else that did, and I don’t believe it happened,” he said.

“And you don’t believe it now?” I asked, slightly slack-jawed.

“I don’t believe it happened,” he answered. Never mind that at that point in time, the public already knew about meetings between Russians and Michael Flynn, Russians and Paul Manafort, Russians and Jared Kushner, and Russians and Donald Trump, Jr. – all Trump campaign surrogates.

And never mind that Sessions attended a March 31, 2016 foreign policy meeting at which George Papadopoulos raised his connections with Russians and offered to set up a meeting between Trump and Putin. Sessions first said he didn’t recall the Papadopoulos meeting, then testified that he “pushed back” on the Papadopoulos suggestion of Trump meeting Putin and now three sources have said Sessions didn’t push back on this suggestion. More candor problems.

Fast forward to this week, when ABC News reported that nearly one year before Attorney General Sessions fired Andrew McCabe – allegedly for a “lack of candor” – Mr. McCabe oversaw an investigation into whether Attorney General Sessions himself lacked candor when he repeatedly misrepresented his contacts with Russians when testifying before Congress. That investigation was opened after my former colleague, Senator Pat Leahy, and I wrote to the FBI last year and requested that the Bureau examine the attorney general’s false statements.

That the attorney general would fire the man who was tasked with investigating him raises serious questions about whether retaliation or retribution motivated his decision. It also raises serious questions about his supposed recusal from all matters stemming from the 2016 campaign. But the fact that Attorney General Sessions would claim that a “lack of candor” justified Mr. McCabe’s termination is hypocrisy at its worst.

https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/49139-focus-lack-of-candor

Deus X

Deus X

Floridatexan wrote:

Lack of Candor

24 March 18

That’s one of the reasons that Attorney General Jeff Sessions used to justify his decision to fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe last week, just two days before Mr. McCabe was set to retire from a distinguished 21-year career with the Bureau. Ironic, because, as you may recall, Jeff Sessions has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of candor – under oath – about his own interactions with Russians.

...Blah, blah, blah...

That the attorney general would fire the man who was tasked with investigating him raises serious questions about whether retaliation or retribution motivated his decision. It also raises serious questions about his supposed recusal from all matters stemming from the 2016 campaign. But the fact that Attorney General Sessions would claim that a “lack of candor” justified Mr. McCabe’s termination is hypocrisy at its worst.

So what? Sessions is a lying scum-bag? What a shock!  Still, the question remains: What's the end game? Do you imagine that Trump is going to be impeached, convicted and forced out of office?  Do the math, never gonna happen.

And if it did--if he was driven to quit like Nixon--we get Pence, a religious crazy and right-wing zealot. He's a thousand times worse than Trump. Trump just got euchred into signing a spending bill he didn't want. That never would have happened to Pence.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Deus X wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Lack of Candor

24 March 18

...Blah, blah, blah...

So what? Sessions is a lying scum-bag? What a shock!  Still, the question remains: What's the end game? Do you imagine that Trump is going to be impeached, convicted and forced out of office?  Do the math, never gonna happen.

And if it did--if he was driven to quit like Nixon--we get Pence, a religious crazy and right-wing zealot. He's a thousand times worse than Trump. Trump just got euchred into signing a spending bill he didn't want. That never would have happened to Pence.

Pence is in it up to his eyeballs. So are members of Congress.

Telstar

Telstar

Pence is a republigun hack. Take away orange fuck and he will sink out of the picture like a stone.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Nonsense!   All is well.  Why, I just read in an OpEd on Fox New this morning that the White House shakeups just mean Trump is just starting to hit his stride as POTUS.  

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/03/26/michael-goodwin-trump-staff-shakeups-prove-president-is-putting-america-first.html

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:Nonsense!   All is well.  Why, I just read in an OpEd on Fox New this morning that the White House shakeups just mean Trump is just starting to hit his stride as POTUS.  

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/03/26/michael-goodwin-trump-staff-shakeups-prove-president-is-putting-america-first.html

WAPO: McMaster out, more to follow... Tenor

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote:

WAPO: McMaster out, more to follow... Tenor

Have at it ... I'm used to it.   Laughing

Ya gonna whip me with a limp noodle after that? Laughing Laughing

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Ya gonna whip me with a limp noodle after that?

That's extra.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Deus X wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Ya gonna whip me with a limp noodle after that?  

That's extra.

Well, I'm always open to consideration of new income opportunities. So just how much extra will I get paid?  

What if I have a magazine with my picture on the cover ... can we use that instead of the limp noodle?   Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum