Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thanks to the NRA there are 17 more dead school kids.

+5
polecat
Deus X
2seaoat
Telstar
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Thanks to the NRA there are 17 more dead school kids. - Page 2 Cruz2-e1518671062126

I don't know what happened to the instagram photo I put here...here's another one.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Yep... that's him alright... lol.

2seaoat

It is time to regulate ownership of military weapons by American citizens. The rest is noise. Ted Cruz trying to blame te church shooting in his state to law enforcement not catching the shooter in a lie, yet he has made it more difficult to report to databases as Republicans have obstructed dynamic and modern databases because of their crazy base thinking they are being put on big brother's list, and will bring swat teams to their home to take their lawful guns. Sorry, If you own a military weapon as defined by Congress, you will be breaking the law, and now I will listen to allegations of law enforcement failure.......such a bogus false flag. Law enforcement and our justice system has made mistakes since our inception as a nation, yes they can do a better job, but quit ignoring the truth.......people are dying from military weapons.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Name a recent mass shooting in the US via a military weapon.

Telstar

Telstar

Thanks to the NRA there are 17 more dead school kids. - Page 2 Russia13

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X

Deus X

Telstar wrote:

The sad thing is, we HAVE gotten used to it. It's already being shoved off the news for other stuff, as if this is no longer newsworthy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Concealed weapons permit proposal delayed in Florida legislature

A proposal that would have forced state officials to issue concealed weapons permits if applicants had to wait longer than 90 days, even if their background checks weren't completed, looks to be dead.

By Steve Bousquet and Lawrence Mower 1 day ago

A proposal that would have allowed applicants to get concealed weapons permits if Florida officials didn't complete background checks in time was been postponed Thursday, and the powerful Senate budget chairman said it's not coming back this session.

"We're not hearing that gun bill the rest of session," said Sen. Rob Bradley, R-Fleming Island, who said he was "at a loss" and "devastated" over the shooting at a Broward County high school, which left 17 people dead.

"I will tell you right now, I'm looking for solutions," he said. "And I'm not looking to spend the rest of the time of session talking about gun bills unless it deals with making sure that an individual who's mentally ill and 19 years old doesn't get it."

PREVIOUS COVERAGE: Florida may issue gun licenses with incomplete background checks.

Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam, who had asked that the gun provision be added to the bill, also wanted the bill postponed, he said in a statement Thursday. Putnam is considered the GOP frontrunner in his bid for governor.

“I mourn, along with the rest of the country, for those who lost their lives at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High and their loved ones,” Putnam said in a statement. “And out of respect for their families and those suffering as a result of this tragedy, I’m working with bill sponsors to postpone consideration of the legislative proposal related to the licensing process.”
"While the shooter would not have even been eligible for a concealed weapon license and clearly had a troubled past that indicated serious mental health issues, the focus should now be on mental health and how we protect our children.

"All of us have an obligation to notify authorities when we see the behavior that this killer exhibited online and in school."

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/02/15/adam-putnam-postpones-concealed-weapons-permit-proposal/

Telstar

Telstar

"To every politician who is taking donations from the NRA, shame on you!"

Deus X

Deus X

Thanks to the NRA there are 17 more dead school kids. - Page 2 0216fernmalila

Amid endless calls for “thoughts and prayers” instead of legislative action in response to mass shootings, a woman in Michigan decided to take matters into her own hands.

After Wednesday's mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, Fern Malila mailed a letter and a check in the amount of "thoughts and prayers" to Representative Jack Bergman, a Michigan Republican

“Dear Rep. Bergman,” she wrote, “since you and your colleagues in Congress seem to feel that this is the solution to mass murder, please accept this contribution.”

http://www.newsweek.com/woman-mails-thoughts-and-prayers-check-809846

2seaoat

I sense that these students are NOT going to shut up. I heard large Republican donors are saying they are done until there is a military weapon ban.......now I am starting to get excited. Rational people can say the word GUN, and do not need a perfect solution.....just some action with military weapons. This may finally break the NRA control of America. HOOOOOOOORAY.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I sense that these students are NOT going to shut up.  I heard large Republican donors are saying they are done until there is a military weapon ban.......now I am starting to get excited.  Rational people can say the word GUN, and do not need a perfect solution.....just some action with military weapons.  This may finally break the NRA control of America.  HOOOOOOOORAY.

Really, really wish I could share your enthusiastic hopefulness, and agree a ban on assault-type weapons would be the first and most meaningful thing done on gun control in recent memory. Just don't believe it will ever happen, when it didn't happen after Sandy Hook. Sorry to be cynical, but can you blame me?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum