Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harley closing manufacturing plant in Kansas......

+4
polecat
PkrBum
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Wordslinger wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
In Emerald's dream city there are no traffic laws or safety laws at all.  Everyone is free to smash their skulls when they fall off their motorcycles.

Your words, not mine.

Anyways, I'm not really a libertarian ... I just play one sometimes on the internet.  (oh, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once  Laughing  )
That's funny!

Whenever I consider the use of seatbelts in cars and helmets on motorcyclists, I always remember that the best drivers (MC and autos) are professionals who make their livings from racing. Fact: You will never see one of these guys get behind the wheel of any car, or climb aboard any bike without using a seatbelt or helmet respectively. I'm just sayin' LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Wordslinger wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
In Emerald's dream city there are no traffic laws or safety laws at all.  Everyone is free to smash their skulls when they fall off their motorcycles.

Your words, not mine.

Anyways, I'm not really a libertarian ... I just play one sometimes on the internet.  (oh, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once  Laughing  )
That's funny!

Whenever I consider the use of seatbelts in cars and helmets on motorcyclists, I always remember that the best drivers (MC and autos) are professionals who make their livings from racing.  Fact: You will never see one of these guys get behind the wheel of any car, or climb aboard any bike without using a seatbelt or helmet respectively.  I'm just sayin'      LOL

There are bikers in Pensacola and on Pensacola Beach who don't wear helmets. One of them was a friend of mine. I hope I'm being clear.

Telstar

Telstar

Here is Gary Busy on wearing a helmet.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote:

There are bikers in Pensacola and on Pensacola Beach who don't wear helmets.  One of them was a friend of mine.  I hope I'm being clear.

That's a real nice story.

While we're on the topic of cautioning each other about safety, let me bethe first to advise you to be sure to put your rubber bathmat in your tub and/or shower.  http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/09/news/la-heb-bathroom-injuries-20110609

I usually do myself in the shower but sometimes I will take one without the mat in there.  And I can't stand a mat under my butt in the big tub, so I figure I'll just have to take the risk.   What can I say? ... I'm just a reckless irresponsible death-defying daredevil.   Laughing

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

There are bikers in Pensacola and on Pensacola Beach who don't wear helmets.  One of them was a friend of mine.  I hope I'm being clear.

That's a real nice story.

While we're on the topic of cautioning each other about safety, let me bethe first to advise you to be sure to put your rubber bathmat in your tub and/or shower.  http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/09/news/la-heb-bathroom-injuries-20110609

I usually do myself in the shower but sometimes I will take one without the mat in there.  And I can't stand a mat under my butt in the big tub, so I figure I'll just have to take the risk.   What can I say? ... I'm just a reckless irresponsible death-defying daredevil.   Laughing

No, it's not a nice story. He had to lay his bike down because a car was blocking his path on Via de Luna. He suffered a major head injury and had surgery, a long recovery, and then he died.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote:

No, it's not a nice story.  He had to lay his bike down because a car was blocking his path on Via de Luna.  He suffered a major head injury and had surgery, a long recovery, and then he died.

Well, ya know what FT?  I'm an intelligent adult over 55 y/o who's been riding motorcycles since I was a little kid.   I've been in quite a few life & death situations in my time, and I'm not talking about on two-wheelers.    I'm generally an easygoing fella and I don't like to be rude to people, but frankly as to those who want to sit around & try & nag me about stuff I might do or not do & refuse to take a hint their so-called advice (often just personal anecdotes about somebody they knew ... or something they googled up off the interwebs) is neither desired nor new information to me, well, to be blunt,  they can kiss my .....

Now you be careful in that shower, ya hear!  Very Happy

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

No, it's not a nice story.  He had to lay his bike down because a car was blocking his path on Via de Luna.  He suffered a major head injury and had surgery, a long recovery, and then he died.

Well, ya know what FT?  I'm an intelligent adult over 55 y/o who's been riding motorcycles since I was a little kid.   I've been in quite a few life & death situations in my time, and I'm not talking about on two-wheelers.    I'm generally an easygoing fella and I don't like to be rude to people, but frankly as to those who want to sit around & try & nag me about stuff I might do or not do & refuse to take a hint their so-called advice (often just personal anecdotes about somebody they knew ... or something they googled up off the interwebs) is neither desired nor new information to me, well, to be blunt,  they can kiss my .....

Now you be careful in that shower, ya hear!  Very Happy

FT meant well even if what she said rubbed.  Do I detect a little thin-skinitus here?  Of course, if being an asshole makes your day, be my guest.

Last edited by Wordslinger on 2/7/2018, 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Wordslinger wrote:  FT mean well even if what she said rubbed.  Do I detect a little thin-skinitus here?  Of course, if being an asshole makes your day, be my guest.  

FT was being a condescending nag.   I ain't mad ... just calling her out.  

Anyways, I wasn't aware FT was such a fragile person.  Are you the official "Protector of Snowflakes" or something?  (and do you get a mask & a cape with that job?   Laughing )

Laughing Laughing Laughing

2seaoat

When I was in high school, most people I worked with on the back end of auto dealers rode bikes, not because of some thrill or prestige, but because the insurance was cheap, the initial cost was less than a car, and a person could save for a car. I liked riding my brother's dirt bikes off road. That was fun. The first intersection where I almost got killed because a car blew the stop sign and did not see my bike convinced me that dirt biking was fun, and riding a bike on the public roads was just stupid. The yuppies in their group rides do increase the safety on the visibility side, but we have a biker bar in our small town and the last twenty years has been hilarious watching them come in on their Saturday ride acting all that. Bikes were about a economical situation that needed to be solved to get folks to work, and when our soldiers returned from WWII it was blue collar guys who flooded the bike market with cheap alternatives to expensive insurance and operating costs of a car. When I was a kid it was honda for on road bikes largely because Harley had quality issues. Riding a bike from work home when there are thundershowers was NO fun. Let Yuppies have fun, but again they have aged and Harley and keeping up with the Jones has passed.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:When I was in high school, most people I worked with on the back end of auto dealers rode bikes, not because of some thrill or prestige, but because the insurance was cheap, the initial cost was less than a car, and a person could save for a car.  I liked riding my brother's dirt bikes off road.  That was fun.  The first intersection where I almost got killed because a car blew the stop sign and did not see my bike convinced me that dirt biking was fun, and riding a bike on the public roads was just stupid.  The yuppies in their group rides do increase the safety on the visibility side, but we have a biker bar in our small town and the last twenty years has been hilarious watching them come in on their Saturday ride acting all that.  Bikes were about a economical situation that needed to be solved to get folks to work, and when our soldiers returned from WWII it was blue collar guys who flooded the bike market with cheap alternatives to expensive insurance and operating costs of a car.  When I was a kid it was honda for on road bikes largely because Harley had quality issues.   Riding a bike from work home when there are thundershowers was NO fun.  Let Yuppies have fun, but again they have aged and Harley and keeping up with the Jones has passed.

See about getting your "medical" marijuana dosage adjusted.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven.  

At the pearly gates, St. Peter told Arthur, "Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want in Heaven."

Arthur thought about this for a minute and then said,  "I want to hang out with God."   St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room and introduced him to God. God recognized Arthur and commented, "Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley Davidson motorcycle?"

Arthur said, "Yep, that's me."

God said, "Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise and pollution, and can't run without a road?"

Arthur was apparently embarrassed, but finally he said, "Excuse me, but aren't you the inventor of the woman?"  God said, "Yes."

"Well," said Arthur, "professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention too:
1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusions;
2. It chatters constantly at high speeds;
3. Most of the rear ends are too soft, and wobble too much;
4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust;
5. And the maintenance costs are enormous!"

"Hmmmmm, you have some good points there," replied God, "hold on."

God went to His Celestial supercomputer, typed in some key words and waited for the results. The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.
"Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed," God said to Arthur, "but according to these statistics, more men are riding my invention than yours."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Emerald Ghost wrote:FT was being a condescending nag. I ain't mad ... just calling her out.

Anyways, I wasn't aware FT was such a fragile person. Are you the official "Protector of Snowflakes" or something? (and do you get a mask & a cape with that job? Laughing )

On second thought, punk, please feel free to ignore my advice and bonk your head against the immovable object of your choice.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote: ....

On second thought, punk, ....

Wooooo!   Grandma gettin' froggy!  Name calling .... didja learn that from reading The Art of the Deal?   Laughing

Don't forget what Rousseau said though:  Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.

Oh, and don't forget the advice I gave you earlier.  You like helmets so much and I'm guessing would probably advocate the government to force people to wear them because of the supposed "costs to society"  ....  well then, you wear yours too!   Every time you get in the car.    tongue

[/i]
Harley closing manufacturing plant in Kansas...... - Page 2 Granny660

And if ya can't do that .... at least try & not forget to use a rubber mat in the bath/shower!  (and maybe even a helmet too! Laughing )

Harley closing manufacturing plant in Kansas...... - Page 2 Tomorrow-shower-with-your-helmet-day

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Let's review, shall we? "Condescending nag"...yep, that's an insult. So who has a weak argument, punk?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
Let's review, shall we?  "Condescending nag"...yep, that's an insult.  So who has a weak argument, punk?

Hey FT, take it easy on him, he's more than a little insecure. Why else would someone insult a person who is trying to help him avoid catastrophe? Hmmm?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Floridatexan wrote:
Let's review, shall we?  "Condescending nag"...yep, that's an insult.  So who has a weak argument, punk?

There's no "argument" to win here.  

You were being a condescending nag about me, a grown ass man who's been riding for many years, wearing my helmet because you happened to know someone once who this and that happened and  blah, blah, blah.   And when  I called you out on it, you lashed out by calling me a "punk", because the truth hurts and people tend to lash our when they're hurt.

Simple as that ... case closed.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What we have here is a "Grown ass man," who's been riding for many years without a helmet and therefore doesn't need one.

In other words, we have a stupid, stubborn arrogant asshole determined to do things his way even if it kills him. And, if you study odds, here's a guy who's been stacking those that say his time to meet the asphault is long overdue.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Wordslinger wrote:What we have here is a "Grown ass man," who's been riding for many years without a helmet and therefore doesn't need one.

In other words, we have a stupid, stubborn arrogant asshole determined to do things his way even if it kills him.  And, if you study odds, here's a guy who's been stacking those that say his time to meet the asphault is long overdue.

Never said I always ride without a helmet 'Wordie'  .... I said I sometimes do.  It's legal ... and frankly really nobody else's business.

Geez, I've been on political forums in the past, and some of 'em got pretty heated, but  guess it never really hit me till this morning how downright nasty some of the posters on here are.  

I was off this forum for awhile and came back.  Ya'll are gonna have to excuse me now while I re-think the value of this forum to me.  The intellectual stimulation is only lukewarm most of the time (with an occassional gem/bright-light), ... but the juvenile and personal  nastiness just goes over the top sometimes.  For me anyway.  Some of ya'll may enjoy that.   Personally, I get enough negativity from the world without having to come here for more.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 2/11/2018, 11:17 am; edited 3 times in total

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:What we have here is a "Grown ass man," who's been riding for many years without a helmet and therefore doesn't need one.

In other words, we have a stupid, stubborn arrogant asshole determined to do things his way even if it kills him.  And, if you study odds, here's a guy who's been stacking those that say his time to meet the asphault is long overdue.

Never said I always ride without a helmet 'Wordie'  .... I said I sometimes do.  It's legal ... and frankly really nobody else's business.

Geez, I've been on political forums in the past, and some of 'em got pretty heated, but  guess it never really hit me till this morning how downright nasty some of the posters on here are.  

I was off this forum for awhile and came back.  Ya'll are gonna have to excuse me now while I re-think the value of this forum to me.  The intellectual stimulation is only lukewarm most of the time, ... but the juvenile and personal  nastiness just goes over the top sometimes.  For me anyway.  Some of ya'll may enjoy that.

If you think this forum is nasty you ain't been around Lurch. There were some in Mississippi that brought new meaning to the word nasty. Anyway don't go away mad.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Telstar wrote:
If you think this forum is nasty you ain't been around Lurch. There were some in Mississippi that brought new meaning to the word nasty. Anyway don't go away mad.

No worries, I been around plenty, "Tellie."    Still get around.  

And I ain't mad.  No hard feelings toward anyone on here .. I'm plenty used to folks who disagree with my views.   Don't bother me none.  I just have little use for juvenile political nastiness anymore. Or nastiness in general even.  What's the point?  Do people think they are actually going to "convince" anyone of anything with that?  Or is it they have some sort of unmet psychological need to "win the argument"  and they think being nasty helps them do that?

Anyways, I'm just realizing this morning this place has very little value to me as is.   (Maybe that's why I quite coming before and I just forgot?

Deus X

Deus X

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Anyways, I'm just realizing this morning this place has very little value to me as is.

If something is making you think whether or not it has value, that's valuable.

Regarding "as is": what or how would you change things?

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:

No worries, I been around plenty, "Tellie."    Still get around.  

And I ain't mad.  No hard feelings toward anyone on here .. I'm plenty used to folks who disagree with my views.   Don't bother me none.  I just have little use for juvenile political nastiness anymore. Or nastiness in general even.  What's the point?  Do people think they are actually going to "convince" anyone of anything with that?  Or is it they have some sort of unmet psychological need to "win the argument"  and they think being nasty helps them do that?

Anyways, I'm just realizing this morning this place has very little value to me as is.   (Maybe that's why I quite coming before and I just forgot?

Is that what Pat told you?   Laughing Laughing Laughing

PkrBum

PkrBum

The forum used to be fairly balanced... but the "tolerant" leftists here banned or ran off almost all of them.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:The forum used to be fairly balanced... but the "tolerant" leftists here banned or ran off almost all of them.

Harley closing manufacturing plant in Kansas...... - Page 2 Slide_18

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum