Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Bannon refuses lawmakers' questions under 'White House instructions'

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bannon’s lawyer reputedly said former strategist, facing subpoena, would otherwise have been willing to respond

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/16/steve-bannon-trump-congress-intelligence-questioning?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+USA+-+Collections+2017&utm_term=260793&subid=13840101&CMP=GT_US_collection

PkrBum

PkrBum

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/john-kelly-white-house-did-not-instruct-steve-bannon-to-invoke-executive-privilege-during-house-intelligence-interview/article/2646260

White House chief of staff John Kelly said the Trump administration did not instruct former chief strategist Steve Bannon to invoke executive privilege to prevent him from discussing certain topics with the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday.

"No," was Kelly's response when asked by Fox News' Bret Baier during an interview Wednesday evening.

Kelly's answer is more direct than that provided to reporters by White House press secretary Sarah Sanders earlier in the day.

During the press briefing, she declined to discuss in detail instructions to Bannon's legal team regarding what material may be protected by executive privilege, but said "the same process and past practice" is being followed regarding the testimony of former White House employees testifying before Congress.

"I'm talking about the process, I can't go any further than that," she added

Deus X

Deus X

Steve Bannon refuses lawmakers' questions under 'White House instructions' Eabuztn

zsomething

Bannon's gonna crack like an egg!

One thing that ecosystem-faced stench-generator can't do is keep his mouth shut, so I'm pretty sure he's not going to be able to get in touch with his inner G. Gordon Liddy. He's still hoping Trump will take him back in, because Trump's so wishy-washy and easily manipulated, but I'm not sure Bannon would be willing to risk jail time on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum