Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump White House Refuses to Give Key Flynn Documents to Congress

+4
zsomething
del.capslock
PkrBum
Floridatexan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"I see no data to support the notion that Gen. Flynn complied with the law."

The White House is refusing to provide congressional investigators with some of the documents they're requesting as part of an investigation into potential Trump campaign connections to Russia, and whether former national security adviser Mike Flynn disclosed payments from Russian companies when applying for his security clearance.

The news comes as Reps. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) and Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) announced Tuesday that Flynn might have broken the law by failing to disclose the foreign payments on official documents filed as part of the security clearance review process. The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence is conducing one of two congressional investigations into links between the Trump campaign and Russia. (The Senate intel committee is conducting the other.)

"I see no data to support the notion that Gen. Flynn complied with the law," Chaffetz, the chair of the committee, told reporters Tuesday.

Cummings, the ranking Democrat on the committee, said the White House is refusing to provide documents related to Flynn.

"Despite all of these very troubling developments…we received a response from the White House refusing to provide any of the documents we requested," Cummings told reporters Tuesday. "So we received no internal documents relating to what Gen. Flynn reported to the White House when they vetted him to become national security adviser, and we received no documents relating to his termination as national security adviser for concealing his discussion with the Russian ambassador."

CNN reported Tuesday morning that White House Director of Legislative Affairs Marc Short told the House committee in a letter that some of the documents originated with other agencies and therefore would have to be provided by them. He added that concerning the relevant White House documents, "we are unable to accommodate" the request.

The White House didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from Mother Jones.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/cnn-white-house-refuses-turn-over-flynn-documents

PkrBum

PkrBum

FAKE ISSUE..!!

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:FAKE ISSUE..!!

If it's so FAKE, why is the Oversight committee in a Republican-controlled congress bringing it up?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

PkrBum

PkrBum

He's gone... irrelevant. What remains is fodder for fools and diversion. Enjoy comrades..!!

sit... stay... rollover...

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:He's gone... irrelevant. What remains is fodder for fools and diversion. Enjoy comrades..!!

HA! This is rich, coming from a guy whose ever other bleat is Obama! Obama! Obama!

You're a completely bullshit poster, PokeMyBum.

zsomething

What's hilarious is watching the same kind of people who used to complain about the Obama White House's supposed lack of transparency now bust their asses to defend things like this.   O' course, they also used to complain about Obama playing golf too much, or signing too many executive orders...  

The only reason the White House would be withholding this info is because there's something damaging in it.   Same deal with Donald's tax returns.  People don't work overtime to hide stuff that's harmless to them.

I get that politics is "team sports" now, but seriously, people are willing to turn a blind eye to possible collusion with Russia over it now?   Sheeeeeez.

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:What's hilarious is watching the same kind of people who used to complain about the Obama White House's supposed lack of transparency now bust their asses to defend things like this.   O' course, they also used to complain about Obama playing golf too much, or signing too many executive orders...  

The only reason the White House would be withholding this info is because there's something damaging in it.   Same deal with Donald's tax returns.  People don't work overtime to hide stuff that's harmless to them.

I get that politics is "team sports" now, but seriously, people are willing to turn a blind eye to possible collusion with Russia over it now?   Sheeeeeez.

PkrBum

PkrBum

zsomething wrote:What's hilarious is watching the same kind of people who used to complain about the Obama White House's supposed lack of transparency now bust their asses to defend things like this.   O' course, they also used to complain about Obama playing golf too much, or signing too many executive orders...  

Trump is obstructing and obfuscating just like Obama did.

We won't ever have accountability and transparency because it's been politicized for partisan hacks.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:

We won't ever have accountability and transparency because it's been politicized for partisan hacks.

Trump White House Refuses to Give Key Flynn Documents to Congress Batman10

Telstar

Telstar

Trump administration blames Obama for Trump hiring Michael Flynn

What?

The Trump White House is now blaming former President Obama for embattled former National Security Adviser’s Michael Flynn’s place in the Trump administration.

“My only point is that when General Flynn came into the White House he had an active security clearance issued during the Obama administration with all of the information that’s being discussed that occurred in 2015,” Press Secretary Sean Spicer said during the Thursday press briefing. “So, I guess my only point is to explain how the process works and who adjudicated that.”

Flynn was fired from his position as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2014, during the Obama administration.

According to a 2014 report, at that time, 5.1 million Americans had security clearances, a large percentage of which are carried out by independent contractors.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-administration-blames-obama-for-trump-hiring-michael-flynn-a5e961b5961d

dumpcare

Does it matter? Trump will only pardon him.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Here's a question. Since Nunez cancelled the hearing at which  former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates was supposed to testify is there anything legally speaking that keeps her from say, telling her story to a reporter or writing an op-ed or getting her story out some how?

2seaoat

She has classified information with regard to sources and methods of gathering the incriminating evidence. Her speaking outside her official capacity with the restraints imposed would put her at risk. However, this thread is as dumb as all those threads ad nauseum concerning 20 plus hearings on Hillary Clinton. They are virtually meaningless in an ongoing criminal investigation. If Flynn broke the law, they have the evidence, or they do not have the evidence. Where the committee was useful in the Watergate era hearings was the political pressure to come clean by some folks who internally were a firewall to a criminal prosecution where a flood of "truth" destroyed the President and his conspiracy to hide Watergate.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:She has classified information with regard to sources and methods of gathering the incriminating evidence.   Her speaking outside her official capacity with the restraints imposed would put her at risk.  However, this thread is as dumb as all those threads ad nauseum concerning 20 plus hearings on Hillary Clinton.   They are virtually meaningless in an ongoing criminal investigation.  If Flynn broke the law, they have the evidence, or they do not have the evidence.  Where the committee was useful in the Watergate era hearings was the political pressure to come clean by some folks who internally were a firewall to a criminal prosecution where a flood of "truth" destroyed the President and his conspiracy to hide Watergate.

So we should be waiting for someone, DOJ? to bring charges against Flynn? But this whole Russian influence problem is so interwoven with other members of his team, past or present, like Manafort and Kushner and Carter Page to name a few who come readily to mind.  

The national and international implications are obvious. How bad does it have to get before we have a cure?

2seaoat

In Watergate the importance of the hearings was the slow and growing ability to get testimony which caused a panic and avalanche of evidence. I find this very similar to the innuendo against SOS Clinton. It was unfounded and political for the most part. What mattered was the FBI and the justice department going to find criminal culpability? They did not. However, the federal prosecutors have a powerful tool in the Ricco statutes which can tie many of the loose ends together. I have faith that career Justice Department officials, and career FBI agents are not going to risk their integrity stonewalling an investigation or prosecution. However, If Flynn still has active co-conspirators, and the Russians still have identifiable agents who are breaking the law, this may not unravel as quickly as most would like. The hearings are mostly for show, but they also allow congress to rally public support in identifying how evil Russia as become. Putin will bomb a school in Syria, and we think he will have restraint compromising Americans to work against our Government? He is a monster. I enjoyed breakfast at a Macs in Southern Illinois this morning, and I no longer watch Fox or MSNBC, and they had Fox on the TV. I was amused by everybody at Fox saying "alleged" Russian interference. If anybody on President Obama's team had been working with the Russians, does anybody really think the word allegedly would be used.

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:

OBAMA!     OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!     OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!    OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!      OBAMA! OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!    OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!        OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!   OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!  OBAMA!

To quote your own post above "He's gone... irrelevant."

Get some help.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Bush was blamed for the entire Obama terms. What I'm doing is pointing out precedent.

I play by ONE set of rules and standards. That may seem unfair to you... given your indoctrination.

I honestly couldn't care less about your distress. Find a safe place or sumthin.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration in its final year in office spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs defending its refusal to turn over federal records under the Freedom of Information Act, according to an Associated Press analysis of new U.S. data that also showed poor performance in other categories measuring transparency in government.

For a second consecutive year, the Obama administration set a record for times federal employees told citizens, journalists and others that despite searching they couldn't find a single page of files that were requested.

And it set records for outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records who had asked the government to waive search and copy fees.

The government acknowledged when challenged that it had been wrong to initially refuse to turn over all or parts of records in more than one-third of such cases, the highest rate in at least six years.

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:

I honestly couldn't care less about your distress.

You must care or you wouldn't have responded to the post, you dumb shit!

You walked right into that one, you stupid asshole!

PkrBum

PkrBum

What a strange little person you are... lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum