Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Merry Christmas to all

+3
Joanimaroni
Telstar
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Merry Christmas to all Empty Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 2:32 am

2seaoat

A lot of years sharing on the PNJ and I have appreciated those who are here now and those who are no longer with us. It has been fun sharing all these years despite how easily people take any of this too serious. Enjoy your families and try to bring kindness and compassion in this cold selfish world. Christmas celebrates a birth and hope, and despite the cynicism in America, tonight I saw the joy of Grandchildren opening presents and enjoying family with nothing but positive thoughts.

2Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 8:43 am

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:A lot of years sharing on the PNJ and I have appreciated those who are here now and those who are no longer with us.  It has been fun sharing all these years despite how easily people take any of this too serious.  Enjoy your families and try to bring kindness and compassion in this cold selfish world.  Christmas celebrates a birth and hope, and despite the cynicism in America, tonight I saw the joy of Grandchildren opening presents and enjoying family with nothing but positive thoughts.

A Merry Christmas to you and yours seaoat.

3Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 10:31 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Merry Christmas, enjoy and embrace the festivities of your family and little ones.

Five of mine spent the night Friday night... the other 4 went to Disney. They helped put the final touches on the gift wrapping. All 5 ( even the baby) put on heavy socks and had a ball polishing the floors as they danced to Christmas music...So funny. Then we all watched the Wizard of Oz.

4Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 10:36 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

What a great night..!! We're having a party tonight and then Christmas morning at a nephew's house. It's kinda nice how the next generation is taking over. All I have to do is boil shrimp... tough 5 mins... lol.

MERRRRRY CHRISTMAS..!!

5Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 12:09 pm

2seaoat

It is nice when you move from the kiddie table to the big table, and now I have moved to the old guy, and indeed the kiddie table has taken over the celebration of Christmas. Time passes very quickly, and families evolve, but in the end what you took for granted as a younger adult becomes much more important as you age and realize.....hey....there are only so many of these gatherings in a lifetime and each year it becomes more special. I am happy to hear people are enjoying their families.

6Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 1:06 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The grandkids now take over the big table. Adults are spread out at the kitchen bar and breakfast table. Still have 2-3 at the kiddie table and one high chair kiddo. santa

7Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 1:25 pm

2seaoat

The children learn Christmas and family tradition. I had my grandkids surround me in my chair last night as I explained that you can build a camera out of one of the Christmas boxes. I told them I built a camera in sixth grade, so we watched a Utube and put a pinhole in the box. I explained how the pinhole reverses the image on the back of the box, and was absolutely fascinated how all four were into another adventure with PAPA........I told the story how the oldest grandson was concerned about PAPA getting lost bringing them to our home last weekend. I told the boys......I think I am lost. I usually follow the light from a Peaker Natural gas plant to get home, but I cannot see the lights. From the backseat the seven year old goes.....great papa is lost. The youngest five year old points to my GPS and tells me Papa.....use the map. I tell them I cannot because I do not know where I am without those lights.

As we get closer, they begin recognizing landmarks and start telling me where to turn. About a mile from the house I thank them for their help, but tell them please do not tell mimi because she will not let me drive anymore. So we pull up to the house, the car doors open and Mimi comes out the front door to greet her grandsons when the oldest immediately blurts out......Papa got us lost and he did not want me to tell you.......a future Trump voter.

8Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 4:10 pm

RealLindaL

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or whatever you say - just everyone have a wonderful time with family and/or friends. Seaoat is so right that each celebration becomes more precious as time marches on. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

9Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/24/2017, 11:25 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You too Linda.... Merry Christmas.

10Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/25/2017, 1:07 am

knothead

knothead

Just got in from our evening festivities and it is a cold night in TN . . . . . even had a teeny bit of snow but I do want to wish everyone here a sincere season greetings and a healthy new year ahead.

11Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/25/2017, 10:09 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

Woke up to 6 new inches of snow. I'm going to clear my drive and then head over to nephews. Can't wait to see the little ones open presents. It's sooo much better when kids are there.

12Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/25/2017, 11:16 am

Hallmarkgard

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!!  This is the first Christmas in many many years that I have spent the holidays alone.  I should be sad, but I am not.  I watched my son and the Grandchildren open presents on Video(Google Hangout).  Of course I miss my wife and good friends but such is life.  There is a certain amount of contentment that you have when you know you that have done very best you could.  Maybe I should have "Tried"  I could have done better.  So all is good here.  Just wanted to say hello to my fellow travelers.. Take care and have a great day..   Going to roll out on the bicycle in about a hour and enjoy what nature has provided   Take care, hope your day goes as well as mine....  

13Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/25/2017, 12:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Merry Christmas Hallmark, Enjoy  the beauty around you. You are a good man.

14Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/25/2017, 1:59 pm

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Merry Christmas Hallmark, Enjoy  the beauty around you. You are a good man.

I'll second Joani's emotions, Hallmark.

Many of us are likely destined for Christmases alone in the future and could take a valuable lesson from you and your upbeat attitude.

And yes, I have absolutely no doubt you've done the very best you could, in all respects -- and don't let anyone ever tell you anything different.

15Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/25/2017, 3:06 pm

2seaoat

Merry Christmas Hallmark, Enjoy the beauty around you. You are a good man.

That he is.......when Bob was sick, he was there. We are all alone from the moment of birth, and we most certainly leave this world alone, but the journey.......priceless. If you are fortunate to have made good friends and have shared your life with your family, you may be alone at any time, but you will never really be alone. A bike ride in nature reminds you of how all of us are connected and how beautiful this world is. This Christmas can bring all kinds of emotions.

Sadly, my wife went to our neighbors house to enjoy Christmas Eve with their family. I am feeling too weak, and the grandson is still on my chit list, so to avoid confrontation, everybody understands why I do not attend. While the Christmas party was happening, a young man in his early twenties tells his companion he is going to kill himself and wades into the river, as his friend calls the fire department. So the Christmas party observed the fire engines, the rescue boat and police extract this man from the water and took him by ambulance to the hospital for exposure. At some time in that person's life he was somebody's child, and probably the holidays bring pain which he feels hopeless. The key in life is to understand that from the moment we are born to the time we leave this world there are NO guarantees for happiness. That is something that a wise man finds within. I will give an update on the young man when I hear more, but having fallen through ice, wading into an ice filled river is not a way to leave this world.

16Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/25/2017, 3:37 pm

Feliz Navidad! santa

17Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/25/2017, 7:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Merry Christmas Hallmark, Enjoy  the beauty around you. You are a good man.

That he is.......when Bob was sick, he was there.  We are all alone from the moment of birth, and we most certainly leave this world alone, but the journey.......priceless.  If you are fortunate to have made good friends and have shared your life with your family, you may be alone at any time, but you will never really be alone.  A bike ride in nature reminds you of how all of us are connected and how beautiful this world is.  This Christmas can bring all kinds of emotions.

Sadly, my wife went to our neighbors house to enjoy Christmas Eve with their family.  I am feeling too weak, and the grandson is still on my chit list, so to avoid confrontation, everybody understands why I do not attend.  While the Christmas party was happening, a young man in his early twenties tells his companion he is going to kill himself and wades into the river, as his friend calls the fire department.  So the Christmas party observed the fire engines, the rescue boat and police extract this man from the water and took him by ambulance to the hospital for exposure.  At some time in that person's life he was somebody's child, and probably the holidays bring pain which he feels hopeless.  The key in life is to understand that from the moment we are born to the time we leave this world there are NO guarantees for happiness.  That is something that a wise man finds within.  I will give an update on the young man when I hear more, but having fallen through ice, wading into an ice filled river is not a way to leave this world.

Glad the young man voiced his plans and was able to be rescued. Holidays, for some, are depressing.

18Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all 12/26/2017, 12:51 am

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum